/plg/ Powerlifting General

Thread dedicated to the SPORT of POWERLIFTING.

powerliftinggeneral.com/

>don't jump edition

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NUdKocJ2GnpjFXei-N_doL7NM6aT-LwulkS8LQwGEk/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing
youtu.be/OfkViWKucCU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sheiko Programs:

>Beginner (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing

>Intermediate Small Load (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing

>Intermediate Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing

>Intermediate Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing

>Advanced Small Load (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NUdKocJ2GnpjFXei-N_doL7NM6aT-LwulkS8LQwGEk/edit?usp=sharing

>Advanced Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing

>Advanced Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing

Kissu

REPOSTANNNN MY GAINZ

You had 10 in you why did you only do 2?

HOOO boy that's some impressive dosages
yeah cissus is pretty friggin neato for sure, if you've looked into what it actually does.

>Samoyeds

Easily the most beautiful and friendly dog breed

yeh dood I know, but as for me, there's much more at stake than healthy joints. Those really help me (along with vit D) with controlling my blood sugar, pretty much haven't had any bad hypo or hyper ever since I started taking them

A CHALLENGER APPEARS

what are you doing/did today

How the fuck did you find Romaleos in Italy?

Ayy lmao

Tested my maxs today, left the gym completely obliterated and with no motivation to live anymore. Failed all my hopes and barely made any prs.

They are definately up there

Chow chows are cool dogs, but they are too much. They are not nearly as friendly as samoyeds.

Also chow chows take 30 pound shits.

Cheer up user, progress is progress no matter how minimal.

I

tinternet????

because
>muh technique

love

athleteps

puppers

asking again

yeah my neighbors have one and it seriously looks like a horse took a dump whenever I stumble across one they "missed"

When I have time/money for a dog though I want a bullmastiff.
>chill (lazy) af
>super friendly and always happy
>VICIOUSLY FUCKIN PROTECTIVE THEY WILL EAT AN ENTIRE ROBBER HOLY SHIT THEYRE HUGE
>downside: constant farts because they swallow a lot of air
i, too, have constant farts because of my diet and poor GI health however
we are a perfect match
well fair dinkum then boyo

save a little bit more and get an inzer, they will last literally forever and they're only like $80

>tfw found a meet close to where I live

Never thought I'd see the day lads, so excited

Virtus quando vieni a Milano?

>Advocating incest bread dog races that don't even make it past 10 without being physically crippled.

Every artificially bread dog i encountered in life was a fat sack of shit that had ten different life threatening issues by the age of 10.
Meanwhile my dog off the streets from greek rocks 13, still runs around and enjoy life at its fullest and never overeats no matter how much food you offer him.

Nice half-reps

I already bought powerlifts 3.0 recently and those were much cheaper than that. I kinda hoped for a belt to be cheaper than shoes.

i mean there's plenty of cheapo belts around that "work," but

buy cheap, buy twice

Lol

Do any of you not follow a strict program?

For example, you know what lift you are focussing on but leave rep, set, and weight ranges variable. So you would know that you're squatting today and start warming up. Then you base the rest of your squat session on how you respond to each set. Feeling good, work up to 90 percent. Feeling crap, keep it light.

With 3x8 weighted chins +25 lbs, LTEs, and curls

>lost my favourite pupper picture when I reset my phone
>spent 3 hours looking for it
>can't remember where I downloaded it from

On the bright side I hit a 10kg Jefferson PR

You can generally tell who is and who isn't a retard by who does and who doesn't have people use PVC pipe to learn form.

Reminder to weigh yourself. Sometimes you get a small PR but at the same time lose some bodyweight - meaning it's better than it seems.

So... RPE?

That was a Lapikov seminar :^)

I have a Rogue Echo belt that is perfectly adequate. It's $50 off the Rogue website, or it was when I got it.

It is not, however, "approved" by the IPF fart samplers.

I got 210 to knees on Saturday and dropped it, tried to deadlift today but my spinal erectors were super fatigued and I was rounding 1pl8 lol

Switched to Jefferson's after having not done them for 3 weeks or so, couldn't budge 3pl8... Knocked some sense into myself a bit, grinded out 3pl8, felt hard. I then put on 4pl8 anyway and grinded that out, felt like a maz. I then went straight to 210, thinking it wouldn't even budge.

I got it :)

Lapikov is an idiot and a bitch and I hereby challenge him to the Field of Honor.

Why blame the IPF when Rogue are the ones who decided not to get the belt approved?

Trappy is surgery to fix flat feet (not rigidly flat) a meme so my orthopedic can get my sweet sweet shekels?

eh, sono bloccato ancora per un bel po' a causa dell'uni :(

Fucking moo

I got it yeeeeeeee

>80% squat
>296 lbs

Does anyone do a routine similar to this? What sort of assistance do you guys do?

Bench
Squat
x
OHP
Deadlift
x
x

>TFW your 10 rm is 80%
:(

If I wanted to do a skills test after Prep 1 of Sheiko Medium Intermediate would I just do it on Friday of week 4 or is there a better way to do it?

Me after
youtu.be/OfkViWKucCU

What the fuck

Just do it when it says

trappy I asked last thread what the difference was between a clean deadlift and a regular deadlift and you told me to put a trip on

I'm not tripper I'm just a simple user, pls give me info because they look approximately the same to me

Run week 1 of the comp cycle

Instead of week 4 or as a week 5?

iktfb, sto per essere cucked dal poli

Good luck in the euros this march, it's a shame their at such an inconveniant time given the exams :(

Listen asshole

Don't ignore me kid

>Why blame the shitgobbling idiots that de facto ban a belt that meets every technical specification put forward just because they didn't pay a bribe

Gee, maybe it's because, in my long and storied history of being mediocre at a whole bunch of different sport, the IPF is the only league/federation/assortment of dipshits to institute such an outrageously stupid policy.

Which wouldn't be half as infuriating if these tardlords weren't so far up their ass about other shit that "degrade the sport," when half of the shit they do only serves to degrade the fucking sport.

As week 5

Thank you

I'm getting burnt out on TM, but I feel like I can progress fast enough to have a 5% increase in 5 weeks instead of 9 weeks.

.............asshole

ayo trappy
if you're in med school and work too
how the fuck to you manage to constantly be shitposting on a cambodian poetry appreciation mailing list
?

Yeah sure but are you challenging Lapikov...

or FAT FUCK LAPIKOV?

I actually don't know much about it senpai :'3 Wish I could help.

Regardless, Rogue are the ones who chose not to make their belt approved.
You think Rogue are poor farmers that can't afford the evil IPF money grabbing bribes?

Which 1RM formula should I use on Strength Standards? I want to calculate my squat max without having to actually do it. I can do 375 for 4 reps.

I'm studying telecommunications engineering and I also work and manage to shitpost here almost all the time.

Trappy is actually a team of 4 people, they all post in shifts. Sometimes one of them calls in sick, that's when trappy doesn't post for 6 hours.

>>>>>>telecommunications """"engineering"""
This is nothing to be proud of

There was no way your back was anything close to pretty on that Jefferson

>>>/stg/

it's quite good for me actually, the exam session ends on february and lessons begin on march... I will skip like 3 days of lesson which is np

meh whatevs

Gee I don't know user maybe I have an implant in my brain that allows me to shitpost just by thinking.

Or maybe it's summer.

idk could be either of those.

Doesn't matter, none of the formulae are accurate enough.
I'd pick the one that gives you the lowest estimate just for safety.

>Or maybe it's summer.
It's fucking January, don't lie to me

Til the area below the equator does not exist

I'm more than aware but try jeffersons some time and you'll realise it really doesn't use your lower back much at all. (If at all)
My lower back was a bit stiff before lifting and afterwards (coupled with some back extensions) it was nice a limber.

Or you can just go there today and test your 1RM.

Uhhhhh do you live in topsy turvy world or something?

noice, pls tell me where to get one of those implants then

>Or you can just go there today and test your 1RM.
But I wanted to start my cycle noooooow.
I'll just use the lowest number from all of the formulas. I already put the maxes into the spreadsheet and the workout weights are too heavy, but the volume might get me idk.

North Korea. Keep it secret.

That's fine. Just remember to adjust it as you go on.

Is there any point for me to try to cut depth

With your baby femurs you're levelling the playing ground by going so low
So no

10/10 smile btw

Why shouldn't someone just use a goal max instead of an actual max? I mean if someone has a squat max of say 455 and they really want 495 then why not just do it with 495 then come skills test you just do 100% instead of 105%

>ywn have a threesome with squat chad and coach trappy

Why even powerlift?

trappy teach me low bar. It feels so uncomfortable and so weird. How do I force myself to do lowbar when high is so superior?

>tfw babby femurs
>tfw cut depth

I like to live dangerously.

Pic related.

>23% femurs
>tfw don't squat to depth
D e v i l i s h

2/10 godray isn't touching nipples
Remember what I said, squat a little bit higher so that your nipple gets on level with the godray.
You don't wanna mess this up during the competition cmon.

You don't have to do 100%-105% on the test. You can just warmup and do three attempts to see how heavy you can lift.

Well there's your issue, you expect lowbar to be superior. It's INFERIOR, right on top of the rear delt shelf. That's why it's called LOWbar and not HIGHERbar.

>Is there any point for me to try to cut depth
Don't ask us, ask your coach!

Coach trappy has a lot of records on the line, so be careful.

Her validation depends on coaching you (THEN molesting you as a child, I'm sure).

>tfw feelings hurt

Look at me, I'm trappy and I think I'm funny

I'm stuck at 410lbs on my deadlift. My grip gets lose at the top and the bar wants to slip out. I don't want to use mixed grip and hook grip is too painful. Should I go to straps?

you should either learn hook or mix

No, improve your grip

That is your only alternative, yes. You won't be able to get much further with DOH.
I DOH 200kg currently but i can't get it much further than that.

My advice would be to use mixed grip, but you obviously have your mind set against it so I won't try and convince you.

As I said, the best cue would be the unicorns.
But in your case you can try to visualise the proletarian revolution overthrowing the bourgeoisie.

The important part is nailing the technique every single rep.

>needs a belt for two 25lb pl8s
lol

0/10 bait

>that image
Dear lord...

How the hell do you expect her pants to stay on while she squats without a belt?

ffs

>I don't want to use mixed grip

I've heard it can cause imbalances and is hard on your back.