Any adverse effects?

Any adverse effects?

What if you drink a lot of it all day like an asshole.

Other urls found in this thread:

medlineplus.gov/ency/patientinstructions/000893.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=OTVE5iPMKLg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you're a healthy individual (no cardiovascular or metabolic issues), it's fine. Above 6-9 mg/kg of caffeine seems to cause jitteriness and poor sleep, though.

High resting heart rate.
Harder to sleep.
Build a tolerance which will suck when you actually need the caffeine.

Other than that coffee is pretty healthy.

There is no downside to coffee, even better if you drink first thing in the morning with unsalted butter + coconut oil. It majorly boosts your metabolism

Creates manlets

Butter in coffee? I can't even imagine what that tastes like

It's like a creamier cream

I drank so much coffee in my short time of being age 24 that a starbucks venti americano with 9 shots of espresso does fucking nothing to me.

There will be a time where you have no possible way to get energy. I even started to stack 10 shots of espresso and pre-workout and I burned out on that too.

I have a high tolerance from years of drinking a pot every morning.

Most it does is stimulate a nice bowel movement.

My resting heart rate is 60.
I used to have trouble falling asleep but now I take melatonin and use flux / night mode on all my electronics to take out the blue light. Also installed blackout curtains.
>Build a tolerance which will suck when you actually need the caffeine.
True. I'm religious about getting enough sleep because if I have to pull an all-nighter a whole pot of coffee will NOT wake me up. Used to stay up all night playing video games, drinking, and shitposting but that's a young man's game. That shit just makes you miserable when you have a job.

>melatonin
What are the downsides of this? I take sleeping pills with diiphenhydramine but I feel like I shouldn't keep using it.

Is melatonin more healthy?

In moderation it's great. Stimulant effect will become unnoticeable with time but that doesn't mean it isn't working. Don't overdo it like so many of the undisciplined faggos here.

One cup in the morning to start work, then a cup around 2 PM to get out of the mid day slump seems to keep me in maxproduction

luckily I don't really build a tolerance for caffeine and maintain high sensitivity so I don't have to go beyond that and still get a great boost, sleep fine later

Melatonin is a hormone that's already in your body and there's basically no downside to taking more ... the effect is subtle, nothing like the sudden drowsiness of your sleeping pills but it also won't erode in effectiveness.

Nothing wrong with that. Dont drink it black though as it will only lower your blood sugar. So be sure to drink it with sugar and cream/milk.

like a frappe brosef

When I do down a lot bc work/study I usally use theanine as it takes the negative effects of coffee and I get an intense form of concentration but in a relaxed state. I never tested on going days of this ( I recommend you do not).

>Above 6-9 mg/kg of caffeine seems to cause jitteriness and poor sleep, though.
Hrm.
How do you measure this shit when you're putting grounds into a machine.

No user, that's parents.

And it absolutely has to be unsalted?

well you don't want salt in your coffee it tastes terrible

theanine is in tea

the combination of theanine and caffeine is what causes 'tea drunkenness' when you drink shit loads of good tea

nothing particularly dangerous about the combination

Wait wait wait.

Isn't this the bulletproof coffee recipe?

I heard there some debunkings over that.

I'm talking about powdered form theanine mixed with coffee.

now for the opposite.

i am 27 and never drink coffee or tea.
should i start doing this just too get caffeine ?

and if so how much?

If you need the energy then yes ,but stay away if you're fine

thats the thing. i dont think i need it. since i am not addicted to it like some people.
but what about other health benefits?

>tfw when I bought 4kgs of caffeine powder last year, haven't used 500g yet even.

I just pre pack them in capsules, capsule size determines g content. Just pop one for breakfast and another before gym, no need for coffee anymore

the "debunking" is only about the official "Bulletproof Coffee" because a lot of the stuff they say is just marketing jargon and isn't any different than regular versions of what they sell

Any coffee will do, any decent butter will do, any decent coconut oil will do.

Thats a fuckton of fat though... im cutting nigga

I actually did try the butter part just now. I had coconut oil but apparently it expired so I'll have to make a trip before I can try the real thing.

But even with salted butter, it's pretty good so far.

butter seems weird at first but really it's just heavily whipped cream, which people put in their coffee all the time anyways

a lot of people say that the coffee in the morning, while high in calories, keeps them satisfied throughout the day

I want to say there's some science about how the caffeine molecules (whch function also as an appetite suppressant) bind with the fat molecules and it ends up lasting longer in your body because the fat takes longer to digest, so it's like a "slow release" caffeine

Only real downside is that it can affect your REM sleep.

Don't drink coffee 6-8 hours before you go to bed, it can seriously fuck up your REM sleep and cause sleep deprivation (if you think you're sleeping, you're really not because your caffeine is keeping you up)

Basically, don't drink it after noon and you'll be fine. Coffee has tons of health benefits, but letting it affect your sleep can be detrimental to your health.

Emphasis on the "can", I sometimes drink coffee (moka pot with strong espresso) at 10pm and sleep just fine.

Bump.

Yeah, what's the explanation for this?

This. It is not uncommon for me to be sitting in bed with a latte. I never understood the dont drink 6-8 hours prior meme

why not just take a 2 week tolerance break broseph

I'd say a lot is genetic, some people who drink coffee daily can't sleep if they drink some in the evening and other are perfectly fine. Tolerance is a factor too of course.

I just want to but in and correct you in that there are two downsides that I know of through my own use.

The first is that, as in many cases where we supplement a chemical the body naturally produces, the supplementation can reduce the body's efficiency in producing the chemical on it's own, should the supplements cease. Basically, if you use it for awhile and stop, you will have a week or two of restless nights as you withdraw.

The second is that it can cause sleep paralysis if you take too much or are already prone to this condition.

>It majorly boosts your metabolism
I thought resolutioners were supposed to have fucked off by now

Well, supposedly it can reduce the risk of prostate cancer, and it's good for your bowel movements. Bout the only benefits I've heard of.

>liquid shit
>sweating profusely in the daytime
>the more you drink it, the less effect it has
>addictive

Honestly, if you work a desk job, you easily reach 10 cups a day and it doesn't do anything for you anymore

God you must have had the worst luck in the genetic lottery.

Guys the bloke I work for gives me free coffee and food so long as I make it.
I had a shitty nights sleep and decided I'd have a 250ml of milk with three shots of coffee (but full cups each shot not espresso size shots) I got this sudden feeling of euphoria and I was in the most giddy mood I've ever been, worked pro actively and just had a great sense of self and love for myself and my future. I didn't eat anything for 3 hours (hadn't had breakfast and had the coffee milk shake at 11 am) also forgot to mention 2 scoops of plain vanilla ice cream on top.
I've been doing this for 3 days now, I time it so I crash around half an hour before my 1 hour break (and just sleep through the shittyness)

How long before I build a tolerance? Also how long to lose tolerance? Is it really a one day thing?

>purposely regimented plan to crash blood sugar daily

Well at least you'll be able to manage your insulin shots in a few months.

Will it really result to that? I use the ice cream as a cooler and sweetner... I don't add any sugar but yesterday I tried it in a shaker with ice, didn't taste the same so added sugar

Will this type of behaviour negatively affect my health

It's a drug like any other one.

Feel grumpy and mean in the mornings? That's coffee
Feel anxious? That's coffee
Feel low pressure after 12pm? That could also be coffee
Feel tired and with fatigue after 4-6 hours of taking your coffee? That's coffee
Can't wake up with it? Definitely coffee
Have insomnia? Probably coffee
Have yellowy teeth? Definitely coffee
Prone to headaches or migraines? Coffee is helping with that
Overworking your heart? That's caffeine rite there m8
Feeling stressed all the time? Those are cortisol levels, which coffee usually raises. Like very very high
But these are when you've been taking coffee everyday for 1 year. Not if you take coffee let's say. I dunno 3 times a month. That's different

But since coffee has ben jewing the shit out of money internationaly it has been a normalized addictive drug.
I'd recommen everyone to stop for a month and see if they have changes in their sleep quality and humour and teeth and mood and then decide
Btw. Decaffeinated coffee still has caffeine

A lot of things have caffeine and once in a while is really not THAT bad
But it's your choice fitty fit

Once again that might be the case but it doesn't have to, even if you drink half a liter every day. Still good to think about it though, as you said caffeine is a drug.

I'm doing morning workouts so I read it helps your metabolism. Either way it helps me have energy to do everything I need to do

>boosts your metabolism
that's a fucking myth

Aw c'mon.

If you're gonna be a killjoy, be more convincing about it.

This is the easiest thing in the world to ignore for people who want to believe. You have to say more.

This triggers the shit out of caffeine junkies.

I'll save this post though and try it out and see if anything happens.

>tfw Constantly stressed, constantly anxious, insomnia , shit mood, always get TIRED AS FUCK around 5-6 which is about 6 hours after my last cup.

Possible if you build a habit and sustain it over time and through the day.
If you have no adverse affects you're lucky but not strange.

medlineplus.gov/ency/patientinstructions/000893.htm

At least the "boost" is so small that you will never see a difference.

I can't drink coffee at all. I don't know if it's genetic, or what, but I have a horrible tolerance for caffeine.

If I drink a cup at 7 in the morning, I'll have trouble going to bed at 11 at night. I even have to do this trick to reduce the caffeine in the tea that I make in the mornings because I noticed I was having a lot of trouble sleeping if I didn't.

Oh so that's not specifically about coffee.

apparently, drinking this blows out your asshole

>check transgender article

oh yeah

very trustworthy source

>My dad drinks coffee like a maniac
>I'm 5'3

It all makes sense now.

i am addicted to it.

I literally can't function without some. At least I drink it black or with a little bit of milk only.

Also get tea cravings.

I basically replace all my water with tea or coffee.

Top placebo las.

You'll live awhile longer.

Height kills the heart.

>Any adverse effects?
coffee breath and stained teeth

What is this? Do people HONESTLY feel something from coffee? I never understood this.. sure I have a vague memory that it made me wake up a bit.. when I was 14 the first time I tried. Since then there is absolutely no effect though. Not drinking vs drinking makes absolutely no difference.. some days I just forget other days I drink 4+ cups.. no difference at all in any respect

Having tried the butter thing just now, I did feel an honest to goodness difference.

I was using creamer up til now and I'm feeling like that cancels it out.

am I SERIOUSLY the ONLY ONE who's a SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE

shut the fuck up faggot

Can just one cup of coffee a day lead to these effects?

what?

it is an honest question. I have never met anybody IRL either who actually feels anything from coffee

yet online people are acting like they can't be without it or like it gives some kind of amazing magical energy boost?

answer the question instead.. do you ACTUALLY feel anything?

(also, maybe add if you have felt a real stimulant sometime or not, like the old jack3d)

>You'll live longer

Great, now I'm double fucked. :^)

Holy fuck Veeky Forums this is the most pseudoscience I've read in a really long time.

Coffee is stupid to drink everyday, your body compensates for the caffeine and develops a tolerance which will eventually lead to you feeling like shit without coffee. Its like an addiction except it doesn't actually make you benefit or work better as your mate Tod at work might claim.

The smart thing to do is use it when you actually need it, if you're a decent human being that can construct basic plans this shouldn't be anywhere near everyday level.

Oh and if you're putting butter and oil into coffee and think this benefits you somehow you are literally pants on head retarded.

>this is the most pseudoscience I've read in a really long time.
>posts more pseudoscience

Ive felt adderall and speed if those are strong enough for someone who has tried JACK3D OLD FORMULA
yeah I feel the effects of coffee. Now fuck off snowflake

This might be a valid opinion, however there are multiple studies linking the amount of coffee you drink with better health / less memory problems as you age

according to those for minmaxing yourself you need a sick amount of coffee per day (5+ cups)

>Oh and if you're putting butter and oil into coffee and think this benefits you somehow you are literally pants on head retarded
Okay, so... Joe Rogan seems to be doing pretty well. And he does this.

Just saying.

good for you

only think I can clearly feel is Clen, and that feels like shit

Oh, and what part was pseudoscience? Am curious since am not infallible perhaps you are correct.

True, but they only have non-negligible effects on people with a predisposition to such issues.

And David Wolfe claims "chocolate is an octave of the sun" yet thousands of people basically worship him.

Successful doesn't necessarily mean someone has good ideas. In fact for most people its probably about conviction and grit.

>your body compensates for the caffeine and develops a tolerance which will eventually lead to you feeling like shit without coffee
Shit generalisation.
>it doesn't actually make you benefit or work better
Wrong.

How is this exactly a generalization? I specifically said that in the circumstance of consuming coffee daily your body will adapt to it. What am I generalizing here? Individual tolerances? The differences in those are minor and with time even big ones would be unimportant since they would wear down.

">it doesn't actually make you benefit or work better
Wrong."

Ugh, yeah I actually did say coffee makes you work better but only when you don't have tolerance. With a tolerance in place in just returns you to a normal human function level.

drinking a lot of coffee makes your pee taste awful

>if you think you're sleeping, you're really not because your caffeine is keeping you up

Answer this.

Can just one cup of coffee in the morning lead to these adverse affects?

Sorry, just checking this thread after going out.
Yes it can. The things I said about coffee or caffeine or anything that has it actually, it can lead to those effects

If you've been drinking caffeine every day then you probably have some of the symptoms especially the lack of quality sleep
Caffeine has its benefits like any other drug and you can use it to your advantage every other exam at school

you may be able to be fine with it but be conscious about the effecfs it has. Also, take into account that if you drink it every day it will stop having a noticeable effect because your body will become addicted but you won't enjoy the effects of the drug (that is, unless you start taking double)
Another thing is to take into account how much you are drinking in one sitting

Tea for example, doesn't have as much caffeine as half a spoon of coffee so I wouldn't know if everytime you get your coffee you are going with only one spoon or five

But every body is different so
To each their own

I am super addicted to Ephedrine Caffeine and not sure if it is the combo or caffeine alone

Melatonin also looses its efficacy in doses larger than a mg. I pop a benadryl and bite off a corner of a 3 MG melatonin 30 min before bed. Works like a charm... Been doing it for over a year.

>DNP makes me fucking slow and sluggish
>ECA stack to counter
>ECA makes it hard to sleep
>Meltonin to fall asleep
>Steroids making my hair fall out
>PSO stack to counter
>balls shrunk
>HCG to counter

""""fitness and health"""

Oh you're so hardcore drinking all that espresso. I bet the baristas just wet themselves when they see you walk in the coffee shop.

kek

Well coffee has caffeine and other things. But the effects (the bad ones and most good ones) will come out the same drinking coffee or drinking monster soda or dark dog and similar drinks

Are you saying you are taking caffeine pills?
Have you tried to be without those for at least 1-2 months to see if you are better or the same without them?

I'd recommend to at least try. But if not, take care of your teeth, mood and fatigue or headaches

Brokaid + caffine pills IE EC stack

zip zip zoom zoom

Just take care of yourself user. I'm worried about you boi.
Promise me you will make it

zip zip

Yeah I'm suicide cutting for a couple weeks, then I will cycle off the EC

Great CGP Grey video on it
youtube.com/watch?v=OTVE5iPMKLg

When you drink coffee, your intestinal absorption of magnesium decreases. Although coffee does not directly deplete magnesium from your body, the decreased absorption of magnesium can cause your body to gradually lose magnesium, potentially resulting in a magnesium deficiency.

You're probably on a magesium deficient diet already, considering modern food sources.

I'll leave it up to you to find out if magnesium is neccessary for building muslce.

Im on keto and I do this every morning, except I add 4tbsp of heavy whipping cream, it gets foamy and taste like coconut and its great m8

If tastes great after few days of having it. I fucking love the taste and smell of coffee