How do I get fit for the military? I am in the UK and need to meet the standards before joining...

How do I get fit for the military? I am in the UK and need to meet the standards before joining, anybody got any bodyweight plans and how do I into running without destroying my fat ass joints.

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/site/article/why_does_the_army_want_me_weak#.VuMyFJKbUYE
startingstrength.com/site/article/a_strength_based_approach_to_the_apft/P2#.VuMyQJKbUYE
startingstrength.com/site/article/combat_worst_case_scenario#.VuMyGJKbUYE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

walk every day. you need lots of cardio. pull-ups, push-ups and being used to carry heavy backpacks. google joint exercises.

Die for israel

You mean die for the Queen. The jewish inbred Queen who has destroyed the Commonwealth.

GOD KILL THE QUEEN

See if there is any circuit training sessions going on in any gyms near you, they put your arse in gear quickly.

Ride a bike. Better cardio than you might think.

wew lad

Pretty sure your army has a good fitness app made for people like you

This. After phase 1 all your gonna be doing a majority of the the time is circuits and cardio based exercise. Pull-ups, push-ups and squats, always warm up and stretch out before and after training

Thinking about joining the Marines. Am already pretty built but need to work on my stamina.

Any Jarhead fitbros? What are my odds of getting killed if I choose an Intelligence MOS?

There's a military enlistment thread over on /k/ full of helpful people. For what it's worth, most guys here lift to look good naked, not to crush your country's enemies.

Oh shit, I'll definitely check that out then. Thanks man!

Odds are incredibly low. You have to consider that we are in a transition of power and a new conflict may arise. Though in WWII more Americans died in 76 hours than 10 full years in Afghanistan.

The British army has a fitness app out which guides you through to basic army fitness level

Also, couch to 5k will get you your 1.5m. 100 pushups will get you your 50 pushups in 2 min and 50 sit ups is easy. You can do planks, squats and deadlines too.

100% ARMY FIT
it fucking works provided you get off ya arse

Run
Situps
Pullups
Pushups
Plenty of juice

I'm just running 4-5 miles 2-3 times a week, lifting 3x a week and working a manual warehouse job.
Got my AOSB on Monday, feeling pretty confident about it. My strength isn't really suffering for all the cardio, I pulled 210kg double overhand (and 180x5 also double overhand) today.

you're a fucking retard if you think pull-ups and push-ups or even lots of cardio is a good way to train for carrying heavy backpacks.

i dont know how much time you have but you should only prioritize running and bodyweight shit for a month or two before joining. before that, you should do strength training and HIIT with, for example, a prowler.

this because you'll get to like 90% of your max potential in running and bw shit in just two months. strength training takes years to reach the same, and it helps in every other aspect of fitness, too.

startingstrength.com/site/article/why_does_the_army_want_me_weak#.VuMyFJKbUYE
startingstrength.com/site/article/a_strength_based_approach_to_the_apft/P2#.VuMyQJKbUYE
startingstrength.com/site/article/combat_worst_case_scenario#.VuMyGJKbUYE

your local leisure or sports centre probably has bootcamp class twice a week, costs 2 quid a session for non members. 1hr of marine and army fitness getting screamed at you.

The issue is the British Army Basic Personal Fitness Assessment which is you need to pass is

1.5m in 10.30min
50 pushups in 2min
50 situps in 2min

So he needs to practise all of these. You rarely do much running with a heavy backpack. There is a BFT (battle Fitness Test) which is 8 miles in 2hrs with a heavy backpack and rifle but that will come in time through the actual training g they provide you

>There is a BFT (battle Fitness Test) which is 8 miles in 2hrs with a heavy backpack and rifle but that will come in time through the actual training g they provide you
and is also really easy, by far the easiest of the AFTs. You carry like 30kg, as long as you aren't a manlet/fem it's pish