"where do vegans get b12?"

"where do vegans get b12?"

gee, i don't know

Other urls found in this thread:

pcrm.org/health/health-topics/meat-weak
health.harvard.edu/mens-health/5-natural-ways-to-overcome-erectile-dysfunction
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/78/3/526S.long
sciencebasedmedicine.org/vitamins-and-cancer-risk/
cancercouncil.com.au/21639/cancer-information/cancer-risk-and-prevention/healthy-weight-diet-and-exercise/meat-and-cancer/
webmd.com/cancer/news/20091117/folic-acid-b12-may-increase-cancer-risk#1
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0038447
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/784788
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16219987
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6299329
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/486478
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21092700
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21118604
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14561278
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/6/1032.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16087975
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16188209
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323090
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323085
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21753065
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2756917
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1628441/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11043928
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3354491
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12748410
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21613354
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16873950
ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Iron-HealthProfessional/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11269606
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19103647
m.jn.nutrition.org/content/137/11/2346.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/35465
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257705/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1435181
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/159772
m.jap.physiology.org/content/82/1/49
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21353476
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"where do vegans get protein?"

gee, i don't know

> not using good form of b12

>cyanocobalamin
>not methylcobalamin
>not sublingual
>folic acid
>not methylfolate

nice poverty tier multi. it's not going to correct any damage done by b12 deficency, you know that right? it's only going to raise your serum b12 and folic acid which is useless and dangerous is a some ways

eating ~150g of protein/day would be crazy expensive on a vegan diet

> eating kilos of nuts to hit protein goals

why dont u just eat meat lol

Fun fact: all vegans have low testosterone!

>buy the more expensive form of b12!
>but dont buy the expensive form of protein!

>it's not going to correct any damage done by b12 deficency, you know that right?

thats strange because this multi has been my only source of b12 for 3 years and i'm alive and functioning, so..

>not eating kilos of nuts

i dont want cancer

So what you're saying is a plant based diet isn't even enough to live?

pcrm.org/health/health-topics/meat-weak

and meat eaters get erectile dysfunction :^)

what good is all of that testosterone when your dick is as limp as a sausage link? top kek

is taking a single multivitamin daily such a daunting task to you? how do you function?

Why are vegans so pretentious?

why do meat eaters look like this?

>relying on artificial vitamin pills to continue living

care to explain?

>relying on corpses to continue living
>willingly giving yourself cancer

Supplements, by definition, are unnecessary for people eating a healthy diet. If you need them your diet is not healthy.

is this guy healthy? i bet he has no need for supplements since he gets his b12 from meat :^)

>i dont want cancer

too late :)

a shitpost is still a bump. here's your (You)

Just look at these pecs. Your vegan diet must make dimwitted if you can't see thats health incarnated.

There's more than one way to be unhealthy.

>i can't get my necessary nutrients from my fad diet so i have to rely on supplements

>There's more than one way to be unhealthy.

and taking a supplement isn't one of them.

Gee, guess you better tell all the animals that eat meat that they're "corpse-eaters" and that they're giving themselves cancer :^)

Relying on them is though

>i prefer to get my sustenance from the flesh of dead animals and mental gymnastics have lead me to believe that this is somehow healthier than taking a supplement, even though countless studies have proven that meat is toxic to the human body

Oh come on.
You use bullshit on a pro vegan website as real evidence?

>thats strange because this multi has been my only source of b12 for 3 years and i'm alive and functioning, so..

>Meat gives you cancer!

thats strange because meat has been my only source of b12 for all my live and i'm alive and functioning, so..

Nobody said taking supplements was unhealthy. The statement was that the necessity to take supplements proves unhealthiness.

you mean carnivores? animals that eat meat raw and have no need for spices or cooking it?
animals that would literally die if they stopped eating meat because they literally cant sustain themselves off of supplements like a human can? gee

[Citation needed]

Are you trying to tell me that www.imright.com isn't real evidence?!

>implying humans haven't eaten raw meat for the better part of our existence

Pls start tripping so I can filter your bullshit, green man

There's some evidence that cooking was invented before anatomically modern humans evolved, and that the greater efficiency of cooked meat drove evolutionary changes in our brains, teeth, and guts.

next you're going to say that this harvard article i link is bullshit, right?

health.harvard.edu/mens-health/5-natural-ways-to-overcome-erectile-dysfunction

Eat right. In the Massachusetts Male Aging Study, eating a diet rich in fruit, vegetables, whole grains, and fish — with fewer red and processed meat and refined grains — decreased the likelihood of ED. Another tip: a chronic deficiency in vitamin B12 may contribute to erectile dysfunction. A daily multivitamin and fortified foods are the best bets for those who absorb B12 poorly, including many older adults.

even harvard agrees

and let me guess, you're under 40 years old right? it's going to catch up with you

here's a pic of jared leto, 45 years old and a vegan. show me a 45 year old meat eater who looks this young

humans also lived to the ripe old age of 30 to 40 for the better part of our existence

not worth living past 30 anyway though

>fewer

just fuck off

that's only if you ruin your body

>waah fuck off even though harvard agrees that eating meat correlates with increased risk of erectile dysfunction

not worth not ruining your body

all the fun things - sports, lifting, eating meat, hedonistic sex, sun - ruin your body

you may as well live your life from inside a fucking self contained ball

sports, lifting, and sex are all forms of exercise which promote longevity

damage from the sun can be mitigated by not being in the sun constantly

the damage from eating meat can be avoided altogether, but noo, supplements are unhealthy, you'd rather end up with ED

>let's deprive ourselves of every form of pleasure so that we can be HEALTHY!!!

Fuck off faggots. I'll eat what I want and I'll enjoy it too. Have fun eating bananas and kale smoothies while I enjoy life to the fullest.

>b-but y-you'll die of cancer!!

Yeah, it's not like cancer is not mostly genetic. A bunch of you veganfags will probably catch cancer as well, despite having denied yourself every little thing on this earth just to prevent it. I'm LMAOing at your life.

Nobody said supplements are unhealthy. Except for me, right now. People eating a healthy diet get no benefits from them (ergo, if you get a benefit, your diet is not healthy), and in fact have a greater risk of cancer and early death.

mmmm. so pleasurable. muh cheezburger. aw yea love this burger. fuck yea cheeseburger MMM

literally the same logic fat people use to justify their shit habits

>and in fact have a greater risk of cancer and early death.

[Citation needed]

>early death
>greater risk of cancer

I also enjoy posting diametrically opposed things as truth.

>sports
>promoting longevity
every sport has some form of injury that's just a statistical event waiting to happen. the more you play, the more likely you are to get it. even fucking badminton probably ends up with you pulling a rotator cuff at some point.

every high level rugby forward has pretty much done both AC's and had them repaired, for instance.

>lifting
high protein diets accelerate aging. lifting heavy (>he doesn't lift heavy) puts a lot of stress on your joints. ronnie coleman is in a wheelchair.

>sex
the more sex you have with more people the more likely you are to get an STD, even if you're safe. condoms fail.

cancer is a shit argument, it's random
>go out in the sun without sunscreen, get cancer
>go out in the sun with sunscreen, get cancer from the sunscreen anyway
get back in the isolated ball boys

Cancer and early death tend to be correlated, seeing as how one of the things cancer does is kill you.

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/78/3/526S.long

Our review of the 6 studies found the following trends: 1) a very low meat intake was associated with a significant decrease in risk of death in 4 studies, a nonsignificant decrease in risk of death in the fifth study, and virtually no association in the sixth study; 2) 2 of the studies in which a low meat intake significantly decreased mortality risk also indicated that a longer duration (≥ 2 decades) of adherence to this diet contributed to a significant decrease in mortality risk and a significant 3.6-y (95% CI: 1.4, 5.8 y) increase in life expectancy; and 3) the protective effect of a very low meat intake seems to attenuate after the ninth decade. Some of the variation in the survival advantage in vegetarians may have been due to marked differences between studies in adjustment for confounders, the definition of vegetarian, measurement error, age distribution, the healthy volunteer effect, and intake of specific plant foods by the vegetarians.

Conclusion: Current prospective cohort data from adults in North America and Europe raise the possibility that a lifestyle pattern that includes a very low meat intake is associated with greater longevity.
you're fucking flat wrong and here's the proof

sciencebasedmedicine.org/vitamins-and-cancer-risk/

"Very low" doesn't mean zero.

Can do.

Like you can stop being a faggot, but won't.

every sport has some form of injury that's just a statistical event waiting to happen

>hurting yourself playing sports is somehow going to decrease your lifespan

>high protein diets accelerate aging. lifting heavy (>he doesn't lift heavy) puts a lot of stress on your joints. ronnie coleman is in a wheelchair.

everyone already knows being a huge ass bodybuilder is unhealthy. you're not breaking new ground here. if you want to be as big as ronnie coleman that's your choice and you know where its going to get you

>the more sex you have with more people the more likely you are to get an STD, even if you're safe. condoms fail.

yeah no shit, that's why you dont go around fucking strangers like a half-wit nigger

>cancer is a shit argument, it's random

cancercouncil.com.au/21639/cancer-information/cancer-risk-and-prevention/healthy-weight-diet-and-exercise/meat-and-cancer/

"There is now a clear body of evidence that bowel cancer is more common among those who eat the most red and processed meat. Processed meat consumption has also been strongly linked to a higher risk of stomach cancer."

lmao yeah totally random

>beans are expensive
>tofu is expensive
>nuts are expensive
>protein powder is expensive

R U SURE???

Are you under the impression that cancer makes people live longer?

>sciencebasedmedicine.org/vitamins-and-cancer-risk/
>certain vitamins like vitamin e and megadosing can cause cancer

>no mention whatsoever of b12 supplements

so you're wrong and didnt even read your own article

You've spent this whole thread putting words in people's mouths and jumping to erroneous conclusions. When did I say B12 supplementation, specifically, causes cancer?

But hey looky here
webmd.com/cancer/news/20091117/folic-acid-b12-may-increase-cancer-risk#1

>Being vegan => Being self conscious about health => Higher chance of being physically active (= not being a sedentary retard all your life ) .

>Being a sedentary retard => Cancer

> Most people = Not self conscious about their health
>Most people = meat eater ( because that's how society is )

4.conclusion
> Vegan = Retard
Not being a fat fucking piece of shit = Less cancer

Why are vegans so insufferable?

How would you feel when you realize that billions of innocent animals are killed every year because humans are too lazy shits to eat some vegetables resulting in cruelty for animals and 600lbs lives for humans?

The sort of person that picks up a diet for attention will make sure to take every opportunity to shove it down everyone's throats.

Because "I'm a Vegan" it comes with an implied "and you should be too or else you're a bad person." I

'm not sure why it works this way with some groups like Libertarians, Crossfitters, Atheists (I'm 2 out of 3), and not other groups like Republicans, Bowlers, or Mennonites.

I find this argument far more compelling than the health claims.

>may increase cancer risk
>as opposed to eating meat, which has been proven time and time again to cause cancer

oh ok

>tfw yet another vegan thread

if anything eating meat = retard and to disagree makes you an angry retard

>yet another vegan thread on the health and fitness board

gee. maybe you were looking for this thread?

In a statement issued in response to the study, a spokesman for the supplement-industry trade association Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN) noted that the lung cancer finding has not been seen in other studies.

"The real headline of this study should be that smoking increases the risk of lung cancer -- the study found that a total of 94% of the subjects who developed lung cancer were either current or former smokers," CRN Vice President for Scientific and Regulatory Affairs Andrew Shao, PhD, says in a news release.

so people who smoke tend to get cancer. who knew?

Bettina F. Drake, PhD, of Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine, says it is not likely that fortification has led to an increase in cancers in the U.S. In fact, several studies suggest just the opposite.

"We would expect to see an excess in cancers within a few years after folic acid fortification began, and we have not seen that," she tells WebMD.

Drake says it is possible that folic acid protects against cancer at certain points in life and promotes the growth of cancers at other times. It may also be true that too little folate in the blood or too much of the B vitamin are both associated with an increased risk for cancer.

clearly you didnt even read your own article

>Vegans deliberately and willing work against human evolution

study link:
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0038447

Kek. How is veganism natural and meant for humans if you have to supplement it?

>Serving Size 1 Caplet
>not even a full cap
Enjoy your tiny nutritional supplementation, you limping puddles of baby fat.

because it's the only argument vegans actually have. all the """health"""" claims are tenuous at best, downright pseudoscience at worst, and are based around comparing a vegan diet to the SAD (which, let's not forget, is the average diet for the average American)

veganism is a diet based on an ethical stance

These desu

Veganism causes b12 deficiency:

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/784788
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16219987

Veganism causes d3 and calcium deficiency:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6299329
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/486478
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21092700

Vegans have a worse memory compared to non vegans due to creatine deficiency in vegans:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21118604
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14561278

Vegans have less gains compared to non vegans:

m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/6/1032.full

Vegans are deficient in omega threes:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16087975
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16188209
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323090
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323085

Vegans are deficit in carnitine:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21753065
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2756917
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1628441/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11043928

Vegans are deficient in taurine:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3354491

Vegans are deficient in iodine:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12748410
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21613354

Vegans are deficient in Coenzyme Q10:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16873950

Vegans are deficient in iron due to the fact that iron from plant sources is less bioavailable than iron from meat sources:

ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Iron-HealthProfessional/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11269606

Vegans are deficient in vitamin A:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19103647
m.jn.nutrition.org/content/137/11/2346.full

Vegans have a lower sperm count than non vegans:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/35465
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257705/

Vegans have lower testosterone than non vegans:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1435181
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/159772
m.jap.physiology.org/content/82/1/49

Veganism causes loss of libido and erectile dysfunction:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21353476

>veganism is a diet based on an ethical stance

So much this

It's the classic
>I'm better they you, and you need to hear how much from me every time I speak
the diet
It's simply moralfagging. Thats also why so many of PC sensitive, LGBTQRSTYZ#! are vegans.

Nothing shouts opressed minority more then Transfey, quadriplegic, indentyfying as black stool chair, ex-muslim, lesbian with feminine penis that is also Vegan, and works full time as an activist

Well whatever you're doing for b12 as a vegan it's definitely not working, see the sources on b12 I just posted.

>soy
Yep, vegans would be stupid enough to eat food that decreases testosterone and increases estrogen. Fucking idiots.

You know that's bullshit, right? They factor in infant mortality rates into that average, so the number drops pretty significantly when you add a lot of zeros.

Nah. Watching vegan/anti-vegan zealots blow up at each other is much more entertaining

Not really, Average human lifespan was for a long time oscilating around 35, without counting infant fertility.

When factoring infant feritility is dropped to 14 in some places.

But the lenghtening of average human life has nothing to do with dietary changes, and more with:
>actual abundance of food
>vaccines
>antibiotics
>computers, and sharp jump in medicine because of that
>improved sanitation
>workplace safety regulations

I mean Germ theory was first proposed in 1546, but it struggled with miasma theory to XIX century. It only got wind in second half of the century and Viruses were only discovered 1890s.

>Sean Spicer "alternative fact"
GTFO

>implying normies aren't b12 deficient

Kyle Chandler is 51

It's genetics you dumb fuck

>vegan is the natural diet
>takes supplement

Really activates the almonds.

>nice poverty tier multi. it's not going to correct any damage done by b12 deficency, you know that right? it's only going to raise your serum b12 and folic acid which is useless and dangerous is a some ways

My desire to know more has intensified.

Where do vegans get a proper balance of n-3 and n-6? Vegetables won't lead you towards n-3 even if they're the primary producers of ALA. The only people with a modicum of lipid catabolism ability in such a manner are theoretically perfect Nordic and Northeast-Asian mixes.

Additionally, how do they protect against MHC rejections and cytokine reactions in the absence of meat? Won't they end up with allergies and a greater likelihood for myopia every single time?

Really makes me think. I hate vegans.

Post one that isn't about processed foodstuffs.

Is it possible for vegans to get any more BTFO?

How do you even let yourself get that big? The people around him must really hate him because there is no way that guy is walking, and all of his food has to be delivered to him by someone.

> y-y-yeah we suffer from a host of possible deficiencies, but at least we don't eat chicken!

herbivores irreconcileably DESTROYED

this is confirmed hoax

That's the problem with vegan fanatics, you always nitpick your own sources.

>That only a subset of vegetarians experience a survival advantage that is largely attributable to the preventive effect of specific plant foods in abundance in their diet may further explain variations in the magnitude or presence of a protective effect of the various groups of vegetarians in Tables 1⇑and 2⇑.

Your own source says it's not the elimination of meat from a diet that increases longevity (and only 3.6 years after 20 years of low meat diet) but rather particular food, that has yet to be determined.

So, after identifying what actually allows longevity a meat eater can also eat that and bam, the longevity effects are also in meat eaters.

Now fuck off, the real reason a vegan has to not eat meat is because of moral issues regarding the meat industry, not the healthy benefits of vegetables, that's just bullshit propaganda.

ITT: meatards get triggered

It's funny that vegans stop posting once their asshole gets fucked.

What will happen to me if all I do is eat oats, almonds, and pea/rice protein? I can get vitamins for myself too but I want to know if a body can handle that much fiber. I will be eating like 3300 calories a day