Is coffee good for you?

Is coffee good for you?

1 cup a day good?

Coffee is perfectly fine.

Those sugared up abominations at Starbucks and the like are not. Drink you coffee black like a real man. 0 calories, good source of caffeine .

This, a coffee with hot milk is fine, a coffee with shitloads of sugar is bad, wouldn't drink any after noon though.

I throw in maybe a tablespoon of whole milk to cut it with taste, but mostly because I'm drinking Walmart brand keurig cups

Yes. Don't have 50 a day or you'll literally die. Had a friend who liked it a little too much go out like that. One or two cups a day won't destroy you though. Real coffee has more benefits than instant (over just the taste). You need to look out though or they'll get you.

coffee is great. drink it black, it tastes way better anyways

I got used to the taste because I always made it out in the middle of nowhere and the only milk for miles around was mare milk and didn't fancy that.

Yerba Mate masterrace checkin in

>a coffee with hot milk is fine
No faggot.
Like said, drink it neat like a real man. If your coffee needs milk it is shit coffee and you need to step up your caffeine.

yeah I always drink a strong shot of black coffee around 530 am as a prework and for the rest of the day. pumps up my lifts and run, and doubles as a laxative in the morning.

Black coffee is a meme, get bent.

for 12 year olds used to mommy's poptarts breakfast, it certainly is an acquired taste. for people that are done with puberty, black coffee is the only way to go

Your mom is a meme and has been passed around more than pepe.

Good coffee does not need to be watered down with other additives.

Dont listen to this clown. Drinking it with cream and sugar is fine, if not better.

>depending on a strong stimulant to get through the day
>making it

pick one

inb4 not a strong stimulant, try 0 caffeine 1-2 months followed by a good cup of coffee.

I honestly drink about a liter a day, maybe more if I go to starbucks and buy the biggest black coffee I can find
I'm trying to quit smoking so I'm drinking coffee instead, no sugar, but at one point I think it can be bad for you

>milk
>additive

You're literally a meme, dive into the nearest trashcan asap, your garbage

This

>He doesn't just chew the grinds and create an ooze that sustains him throughout the day

Hmmm, adding a different substance to the original one...kinda like an additive; not to mention its a blanket term for everything including milk, sugar and all that starbucks style shit retards love.

>your garbage
It's 'you're', as in you are.
Let me help you, as in you are too fucking dense to comprehend or fully utilize the english language never mind understanding something as basic as what constitutes an additive.

Please get sterilized for the sake of the human race.

>black coffee drinkers

The caffeine in coffee raises the metabolic rate. This increases the cellular consumption of sugar. Thus, blood levels of glucose (sugar) go down.

With this in mind, I notice some of you say you drink black coffee first thing in the morning, presumable on an empty stomach.. fucked...

Lets say you wake up in the morning, dont eat breakfast because you're late, but grab a morning cup of coffee. You drink your coffee black because your a "man" and dont need cream and sugar.

What you dont realize is that your body has fasted for 8 hours while you were sleeping. Liver glycogen (sugar) in a healthy person is exhausted after about 8 hours, depending on the person. So you drink your black coffee, raise your metabolic rate and lower your already low blood sugar.

Low blood sugar causes adrenaline and cortisol to rise to compensate. The body needs sugar in the blood, if you don't supply it your muscles will get broken down and they will supply it. Not an efficient thing, but your body needs to survive.

The smart thing would be to wake up, eat, then grab your coffee with cream and sugar or coconut oil and butter (whatever you're into). Mitochondria can use the shorter chain fats in coconut like they can use sugar, the body doesn't even need bile for those fats.

>but..but muh broscience...

Sorry, real science wins, always. Stop being faggots and drink your coffee right.

If you drink coffee that isn't shit and make it in a press instead of >le instant suburban mommy coffee, there is no need for milk or sugar

He's right though. If it's good coffee it'll taste good by itself.

>inb4 blacked

Except i can get my fats from food like eggs and avocado in the morning without having to make some fatty memecoffee.

Bulletproof salesman pls go

I drink it black, but always about an hour after a full breakfast and two hours before meal #2 of the day (which also includes carbs).
That being said, fasted cardio has been a huge help to cutting fat in the past. What's the deal with that?

>The smart thing would be to wake up, eat, then grab your coffee

That's where that should have ended friend.
Besides your info on blood sugar levels coffee first thing in the morning also messes with the acid in your stomach leading to the discomfort or shits most people then get.
The butter, milk etc it to neutralize that, but deadens the effects of the coffee and increases its caloric value.

wish i stuck with coffee before i fell for the sip meme. fucking monsters sent me 2 da hospital

But I wake up at 2pm.

Thats really good that has helped you in the past. But I imagine prolonged release of stress hormones during fasting would be pretty damaging on the body long term.

In what way did he claim milk was addictive?

Coffee once in a while is ok BUT
And there is a big fat but here
Is that coffee may or may not be good for you because caffeine is a drug like amy other drug, it rauses your cortisol levels which indusses a stress alarm in the body

If you take ut every day, these are the side effects
Caffeine makes anxious people even more anxious
This drug makes your adrenal glands not work properly
It makes you feel grumpy in the mornings unless you have your fix
You don't wake up the moment you open your eyes. You feel tired unless you have your cup
Quality sleep decreases
It destroys your teeth enamel
If you are prone to headaches (genetically) or migraines. Caffeine will make you 3 times more prone to them (specially if you are not drinking it every day, but every once in a while)
If you are peone to diabetes it will be bad for you (some other user already explained that part)
It will make your body think it's in a stress related environment and with time, it will make you have fatigue and mood changes

All in all, coffee once in a while or when needed it's not that bad. But beware because caffeine is definitely a drug like any other drug out there.
I left coffee a while ago and I wake up instantly. Have whiter teeth and am not tired or have headaches anymore (I'm genetically prone to migraines btw)

So, it's your choice.
Just remember that if you plan to stop takin it, you will experience withdrawal like any other drug

well you are screwed

Damn it. Oh, well. At least I've quite Diet Coke.

what else am i gonna do for energy?
david lynch drinks 12 cups a day

>additives
Na bud, I said additives and he tried to pretend he was smart with his response.

Just meant the extra things people add to coffee, not a particular additive and he was about to go all high and mighty on milk etc, without being able to comprehend it.

take what that guy says with a grain of salt, a very small grain of salt.

I always read shit like this where people say others should avoid coffee because it's terrible for their health; However, I've never been clear on why it's terrible for my health.

Nutrition textbooks usually list coffee as having no nutrition. Websites where you can input a certain food and have it show you the nutritional profile are also a bit confusing. Espresso shows different vitamins and minerals than drip coffee. Also, they don't list the amount of coffee used in brewing a "cup". Is their some sort of standard? IE 1 TBSP of grinds per cup? Coarseness? Dark roast or light roast? Whatever..

Ive searched online studies and found several showing the vitamin and mineral content of coffee and tea. One study was analyzing how many nutrients Finnish people were getting from coffee. They listed the amount of coffee used in grams. 60g of coffee were used to make 4 cups. Ive weighed the amount I use to make a cup of coffee and it's 30g per cup, so I happen to make a strong cup. The average American makes a disturbingly weak cup of coffee probably amounting to 10g per cup (lame) Weighing the coffee is definitely the most accurate way to get consistent results.

Using information from multiple studies and giving an average for vitamin and mineral levels I have come to the conclusion that 1 cup of MY coffee contains

36% RDA for Niacin
11% RDA for Magnesium
369mg of Potassium
7.5% RDA for Manganese

It also contains others vitamins and minerals, but I didn't list those ones because they are much easier to obtain in the diet from other food.

Given that I drink 5 strong cups of coffee per day, I get 55% of my magnesium, 180% of my niacin, 37.5% of my manganese and 1845mg of potassium (more than 4 bananas worth!)

It would appear, for most Americans, even with the weak coffee - coffee is probably their best source for magnesium.

>*A portly fellow in a flame shirt waddles to the counter of a Starbucks*
>"What would you like sir?"
>*The atheist squints around the coffee bar, his hands at the sides of his khaki shorts like he had two holsters. With one hand he expertly pulls out his wallet and with the other, he brings the tip of his hat down before placing his order*
>"Coffee. Black."
>*A hush falls over the patrons and staff. Women gush in their panties as whispers from men can't believe what's transpiring. The barista looks like he's about to faint, his grip on the cup furiously shaking as he slides it over the counter to our hero*
>*The cheetoh avenger slaps down a sticky five and a quarter with his hamhock fist before mumbling to no one that they should "keep the change", knowing he's a far better human being than people that put sugar or milk in their coffee*

2 cups a day has a preventative effect on liver illness.

>everyone was mean to me in a thread
>have no real arguments to counter their mean-ness
>mommy isn't here to comfort me so I will spend 10 minutes making fun of them
>that'll show them.

Well written though, very descriptive.

>somebody wrote this
Congratulations, you got yourself caught. What's the next step in your master plan?

See also:

>mare milk
>fancy instead of like

>mfw britbongs put cat milk in their coffee

not an argument. speed is a strong stimulant, no matter how addicted you are to coffee

I only drink coffee black and when I drank and smoked I had my spirits neat and I smoked unfiltered lucky strikes. I am the true alpha. People irl would give me shit about it for some reason i just like bland. Now that I eat clean I crave bagels and bread.

>The body needs sugar in the blood, if you don't supply it your muscles will get broken down and they will supply it.
More like your body first starts burning excess fat, which most people have enough of. Burning muscle mass is the last resort. Still not good if you want to train.

No, he drinks more than that I think (DFW "David Lynch keeps his head)
Scandinavians also drink a shit ton of coffee and they are generally the healthiest countries by a wide margin.
So despite all muh acidity, muh cream, black coffee has not been proven to be detrimental to your health to the point where not drinking coffee would increase one's health noticeably

The thing is coffee is such a small thing in the grande sheme. Obsessing over that is just stupid when there are so many vastly more important things.

my point exactly. I love drinking coffee and its benefits outweigh its supposed drawbacks by a wide margin.
I also look down on people watering their already shitty coffee with sugar, milk, cream or other abominations.

2 jars, one in the morning and another in the night

why is she wearing this

Nice reddit spacing faggot.

Real science also dictates we all go vegan.

I drink about two cups of black coffee without sugar before my workout.
Make sure to brush your teeth after.

I'm at about 1l black coffee today.

>stop attacking my retarded beliefs with facts

Get fucked soyboy

I drink 1 cup of black coffee, a cup of green tea, and 1 espresso w/ cream and sugar a day.

Probably more caffeine than I need but I love the taste and I really enjoy really bright and lucid.

Unrelated.

> Filename
> Colonel
> Clearly a Captain

This shit drives me crazy.

>Drank black coffee right before working out
>Had to go take a massive shit in middle of workout

>ith hot milk is fine,
if you're bulking

>HAH FAGGOT YOU DRINK YOUR COFFE WITH MILK I AM BETTER THAN YOU
You guys are incredibly insecure about your masculinty.
I guess you are manlets who cant even ohp 100 lbs.

You didn't know that coffee was a laxative? Take that after your morning workout. It makes me feel fresh knowing that I sweated out my pores, and emptied my intestines after a good workout.

Drinking coffee right now before my work out user. There's some benefits according to people on the internet. I'd say look them up but make sure you find places that provide sources

I drink 4-5 cups of green tea per day

>doing so little you don't need stimulants
>making it
>ever

>tfw hate coffee so when I'm tired in the morning I have a sip

feels a little unhealthy tbqh

Mountain dew fucks with your sperm, bro

You know muscles contain glycogen as well, and blood glucose rises on waking. Whether you drink coffee black or not has absolutely no effect on anything, and if you just eat something you wouldn't need to worry about it.

24 oz hazelnut coffee, with a home made creamer of 1 Tablespoon of organic maple syrup and a few oz of whole milk. Taste great and gets body ready for a workout.

Explain your logic. The existence of speed makes coffee negligible?

>needing stimulants
>not being able to maximize your potential by intrinsic force only

Please remove yourself from the gene pool

>bad sip man
sip something else

proclaiming coffee to be a strong stimulant (which it is not) helps his faulty argument, depicting coffee drinkers as so weak they need to rely on stimulants

I just pointed out his faulty premise.

Try and cut back dude, living is cool

idk it makes my anxiety worse

Fuck you for point that out

I drink 2 cups of black tea every T/Th along with an occasional coffee while I'm out during the other days of the week. I just make sure not to caffeinate myself everyday so I don't depend on it. As long as you don't get addicted I don't see what the drawbacks could possibly be.

>coffee with hot milk is fine
HAHAHAHAHA LOOK AT THAT FAGGOT

>be in a frat
>occasionally wear clothing with letters on it
>bring big see-through water bottle to class everyday filled with black coffee
>drink the shittiest coffee so I make a nasty face every time I take a swig
>I mean its like alcohol, I take it for the effect, not the taste
>at end of the semester, class asks me whats in my water bottle
>I tell them coffee
>whole class thinks I was drinking straight up whiskey because of the faces I was making every time I drank

Anyways, real men have beards and drink coffee

Make better coffee. I'm a black coffee kind of person but I can't stomach shit like Starbucks coffee without cream desu. I cant blame some of you for adding milk and shit, you just haven't had good coffee yet.

Same

I may drink too much yerba mate though, but it's cheaper than coffee and it's addictive as fuck

Take your coffe like a real man - eat coffee beans. Only faggots like you drink it with water.

What would you suggest? I had some cinnamon bun coffee from Dunkin Donuts one time that was delicious black. I'm usually balling on a budget so I drop $10 on a big can of generic coffee that tastes like shit.

Used to drink a gallon of IL black iced coffee a day (Dunkin Donuts large Cold Brew x4) until I learned that nicotine and caffeine bind to the same receptors, creating diminishing returns for both.

Since I'm not about to abandon cigarettes, I've since cut back on caffeine, enjoying a sugar-free Red Bull pre-workout, followed by a 10oz cup of black coffee with breakfast and another in the afternoon.

Cut is going well. Lifts are up, weight is down. Far less nausea. FeelsGoodMan.mp4

i drink my coffee BLACK and do weighted DIPS

It actually is a strong stimulant and can be classified as a legal drug, but people mind their doses.

You do realize that in order for your body to use the energy from your muscles it needs to rob them off their protein in order to convert that into glucose. And to do this it needs to release adrenaline and cortisol which is damaging to your body especially if you do this all it time. OR you can eat sugar which your body will use right away for energy since sugar is the primary source of energy at the cellular level. So yes, it does matter, a great deal.

I don't drink it all, I don't want to get addicted

Coffee drinkers live longer and have less dementia late in life.

You clearly understand nothing, your body can use stored muscle (and liver) glycogen whenever it needs to and converts it go glucose.

If that's unavailable it goes for your fat storage, and there's no need to convert actual muscle into energy if you are calorie deficiƫnt less than a few days/weeks.

You don't need to eat actual sugar to maintain blood sugar. Also this might cause a blood sugar crash because of the high GI value.

Pic related, it's where you are.

CHAD is drinking JOE texting STACY while you CHUG a SIP and MASTURBATE

I drink about 8-12 ounces of coffee a day, but it's all throughout the day. Without it, keto would be absolute hell.

>1 splenda
>1 cream

Oh wow.. I can see I'm only wasting my time here. You are as stubborn and wrong as they come. Good luck in life tho.

I dont think it matters. Its like a glass of non red wine. It might be good, or not. However more than likely it doesnt matter.