24 days so far :)

Hello, nyr fag again.

I'm not as strong willed as some of you bros and was wondering if you had some tricks that keep you going?

I hate the fact that I am a twig and I told myself if I can do 1 month then I can do 1 year but I am starting to doubt that.

Thanks anyways though, the other 2 posts of mine on here have taught me alot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eUBc5uKg1Ik
youtube.com/watch?v=YdB1HMCldJY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Make it an habit. Soon you will become addicted to it.

there's no trick, you just have to force yourself to go and eventually it becomes easier and easier.

hate yourself enough that you MUST to change it

What the other user said. Just keep going there is no shortcut or trick just eat clean and train clean and eventually you will get there.

I have been hating myself for years, but never in a positive way. You might be onto something...

Either you like lifting it or you hate the consequences of not doing it.
Really, there's nothing else and like everything in life you need discipline

I understand that there is no easy path for anything, especially working out. I was more wondering if someone here was in my shoes and had a eureka moment that I missed.

Hey, I am also a skinny fag, Started 1,5 months ago. I used to lift before but was discouraged and stopped. Now I am seeing great results and I owe them to doubling my protein intake. I am a poorfag so here is how I did it. NO SUPPLEMENTS.

I eat Chicken
I eat Fish.. Very GOOD
I eat a lot of peanuts... cheap protein, a lot of cheap protein.
Oats with yogurt.. also a lot of protein

I also try to eat whatever meat I can find, but preferably chicken and fish
I substituted white bread for wholewheat bread, although I don't think this is as important as the rest, it tastes actually good, and even has more protein in it than white bread. I try to avoid all foods which only have carbs in them and nothing else.

I've been doing this for the last 0.5 months and am pretty happy with the results( my ribs aren't visible anymore lel ). The only thing you need to do is to watch your proteins, screw carbs and fats. Don't care how much of them you eat, as long as you get your protein right.

I used to lift 3 years ago* but was dicouraged and stopped

spend 30 on some protein, as this will motivate you to attend as if youre like me you hate wasting money so you will feel the need to use the protein

drink a protein shake in the morning so that if you get negative thoughts during the day about quitting the gym just think' ive already drank the protein, i HAVE to train now.

before your session, take a protein shake or pre workout so that your thought process thinks you Need to train

cant drink a shake then just sit about all day so take it and it forces you to go

when you arrive st the gym, associate it with positive thoughts so you want to come back, think bout how good you feel, about how friendly the staff and members are, tell yourself its not that bad. when youre running on the treadmill think positive thoughts n feel happy, then when youre lying at home debating the gym you will feel good making plans to hit the treadmill and lift after

Aeesome, thanks a bunch. I'm doing a lot of stretching and cardio stuff but there are still things like pushups and dips (mostly bodyweight stuff) so I was wondering if that will still build muscle or am I just getting healthier generally?

Also whats the deal with eggs? Are they good or bad? I like the taste of them a lot but I don't want my heart to explode.

Lifting is the only thing in life that gives immediate results when you first start. If going from a squat with just the bar to over 100lbs in less than a month doesn't make you want to keep getting stronger and lift heavier then nothing outside of a life changing event will

I tried shakes a while ago when I was in school for a while but there was a certain type that gave me migraines (its called way or something I cant remember). I was wondering if there is cheap substitute that you bumped into that isn't ~$30 a jar that is still effective?

I bully myself until I do what I have to do.

I do only bodyweight training now. You will build muscle with everything. The important things is to always hit your limit. You shouldn't do only 10 push ups if you could easily do 30 push ups. You shouldn't either do 30 push ups. You should change the exercise to some more challenging variation. Check out this guy youtube.com/watch?v=eUBc5uKg1Ik

I would eat eggs every day, but I am a student in a slav country. Which means I am double poorer, than the average student. I only have pic related to cook. You can however overdose on eggs. They contain a protein called Avidin who fucks with the vitamin B1, I think it was B1. You can check out wiki Avidin if you are intrested. So no more than two eggs a day - they are the best kind of protein their is.

There won't be an eureka moment. This is it, and this is what it's going to be like. You either have it in your to step up for the grind, or you don't

thats whey protein, its just milk thats decheesed, fat removed, water removed until its just a powder of protein. hemp protein is a good workaround as its peotein powder made from the stem of cannabis, obviously legal as hemp is legal. there is less protein in hemp protein but still decent.

the point im making isnt to take protein, its to drink or ingest something gym related that forces you to go to the gym that day. something you couldn't drink and laze about. something you drink amd think 'ok, its in my body now, i need to train today'.

So as long as I am working out I am building muscle. Got it, thank you.

That video you sent me is similar to this video series I have been following, youtube.com/watch?v=YdB1HMCldJY but I am running out of them so thank you for the new stuff.

Here's your eureka moment.
Read this.
Fuck health, you want to be big? You want to turn heads? Throw heath out the fucking window.
You want to look like Brad Pitt in 5 years time? Continue down this track of a half assed fitness endeavor.
You want to look like Greg Plitt in 10 years time? Realise that 'bodybuilding', whether professional or for girls, is an immense sacrifice to health, time and relationships.

24 days and you want to throw in the towel? Pathetic. Look in the mirror and ask yourself if you're content with what you see.

1. Cardio is going to be detrimental to you adding mass. It burns calories, and although it is good to do when you have your diet in check in a years time, now you want to put all your energy into getting stronger and bigger. Fuck cardio for beginners. You don't want to overcomplicate things. Add cardio later.

2. Stretching is good, but you don't need to spend a long time doing it. Especially when you don't have muscles to stretch. Once again, don't overcomplicate things. Stretch, but not delve into complicated techniques.

3. Bodyweight stuff is generally useless. Go straight into a strength routine. Learn about it. Bodybuilding is 90% knowledge, 10% lifting iron. If you're not actively learning about routines, exercises, nutrition, technique (and later chemicals) then start now. Read more.

4. Start a strength regime now. Compound movements, low reps. Add in some isolation work after the compound movements. Plenty of programs out there. Generally they all follow the same principles.

5. Most supplements are bullshit, only proven one is creatine.

6. Steroids are part of the sport, no matter the level. Ask yourself how far the rabbit whole you want to go.

7. Eggs are fine, your heart won't explode. Fat is necessary.

Ask away if you need any more advice.

If whey protein is just milk then is my mind just fucking with me then? I ate some hamburger made of the stuff and it did the same thing, anyways I will try to find something nice to swig down before the workout and i'll look into the weed shake stuff you mentioned, thanks.

I started out at 55.6kilo, and close to 71kilo now(cutting for a few weeks)

Just keep progressing with the weights at the gym. If you eat well and everything, you will notice muscle gains fast.

Something that the bros forget to mention is that for the most successful this is a hobby, not a destination. You can do gym to get somewhere with your body, but if you're planning on stopping once you get there you should really start thinking about how body fitness works

Where do I start for #3, where do I begin to learn?

Past the starting stuff in the stickied post, I mean.

You browse Veeky Forums, bodybuilding.com, popular fitness youtube channels.

YEah, I guess the best motivation is going to be when you see results. You could also try no fap. I am testing it out currently. Did like 15 days and now I am starting all over(going for a month without), because I jerked off. No interesting results, though, except for the really big cumshot.

It takes around 2 - 3 months to establish a new habit at the very least, but depending on your personality you're going to see fluctuations.

Problem is after around 1 1/2 months, you start to experience fatigue after the novelty of a new activity has worn off.

>and was wondering if you had some tricks that keep you going?
Go to the gym repeatedly. Literally all it takes.

There is no secret pill, no magic mental thing, no motivation secret. You just go regardless of how you feel until you reach your target.

As for decreasing resistance to going, things like:

>Going over your goal every week
>Checking your results every week
>Learning information about what you're doing and how you're doing it
>Setting out your gym shit the night before
>Making friends at the gym
>Finding friends to go to the gym with

All help

>No interesting results, except for the really big cumshot

cause that's all that really happens

I can't be sure that what works for me will work for you, but here are some things that keep me going.

The biggest motivator for me is without a doubt is being competitive with myself. My goal is to be stronger than I was last time.

Another thing that keeps me going is having fun. I do the exercises I enjoy. That makes going to the gym dissimilar to being a chore. Rather, like someone mentioned, it led to an addiction.

I go to Uni, so sometimes when I dont feel like going, I stumble across some eye candy in gym clothes. That, combined with my horniness gets me in there some days.

Pre-workout works magic, but Im not sure if I can recommend it for someone who is nooby. Actually, maybe go to GNC for some free samples or order 1 serving packets off BB website. There's various kinds. I recommend experimenting and finding out what ingredients you prefer and in what quantitities. I really love the ones that make me jittery, makes it seem like I can feel the strength and energy emanating from my body. But many people hate that and there are plenty of preworkouts marketed as non jittery. On days where I'm feeling lazy or tires, pre-workout can single handedly 180 that feeling and make me want to lift heavy ass weights for hours. Also, don't take pw within a few hours of bed time. It sucks feeling sleepy and not being able to sleep.

Pre workout is a great motivator for me on those days you want to do everything but hit the weights.
I'll tell you a story about what made it real for me
I go to raves, don't know if you've ever been but they're really fun. Anyways people are usually in great shape, shredded bros with their shirts off. I see this guy walk through the crowd and hes so aesthetic, i say to him "dam man you don't need me to tell you how much time you spend on the gym, good for you". Fit bro smiles and gives me a pat on the back "If you want results, its a lifestyle. Every action you do has to have your body in mind"
I was on drugs so i thought it was the most philosophical thing I'd ever heard at the time. But it honestly changed everything. You can't put the time in the gym and then just go about your life when you walk out the door. You have to eat sleep and breathe fitness. Everything you do is a means to an end.
If you want results, its a fucking lifestyle

For me it's seeing the change. Look back at your lifts from day 1 and your lifts now. Seeing that and wanting to see how far I can go always keeps me going. We're all gonna make it.

Just keep going. Doesn't matter how much you can't be bothered just drag your lazy ass there. If you stop going don't start again next year and get in people's way.