Artificial sweeteners, how do you feel about them?

artificial sweeteners, how do you feel about them?

>aspartame
>xylitol
>sucrose
>stevia
>erythritol
>saccharin (sweet n low)

Other urls found in this thread:

fda.gov/aboutfda/transparency/basics/ucm194320.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8910956
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>aspartame
cancer
>xylitol
fine, it's just fruit sugar alcohol
>sucrose
cancer
>stevia
hoping it's fine because it is in all of the protein shakes/bars i've gotten, supposedly it's natural and just from a plant and totally safe but seen other articles that say it gives you cancer and deformed babies
>erythritol
same as xylitol
>saccharin (sweet n low)
cancer

I'd stick only to sucralose. Seems to be the sweetest and one you need in the most minimal amounts. Also pretty safe in regards to health. The only problem is the sweetness goes away if you expose it to high tempereature. So pancakes end up quite bland. Stevia tastes like shit. Aspartame is cancer either any way you look at it. Xylitol is only okay in your toothpaste. If erythriol is the stuff they use in Quest Bars then i suppose it tastes nice, but i don't know much about it, besides it being easy on your blood sugar. Avoid Malitol and other sugar alcohols though.

WARNING some of these artificial sweeteners are LETHAL to DOGBROS. Keep most chewing gum away from doggos

they're all fucking fine

they are all ok. I prefer sucralose for food and milk, the taste is good. For drinks aspartame.
Only problem is sucralose accumulates in nature because it's stable in organism.
And both won't give you cancer.

he believes the studies paid for by sugar lobbyists

My biology teacher says they are fine and are not unhealthy

> cancer
do you have evidence, or is this your alternative fact?

isn't sucralose supposed to be super bad like transfats because your body doesn't know what the fuck to do with it?

certainly tastes good though.

It's sugar in every noticable way except it's harmless. It's perfect

CANCER

None have been shown to cause cancer st even high consumption. The only time rodent studies got artificial sweeteners to cause cancer is when the rodents were given hundreds of times more sweetener than a human could possibly ingest in a day. All are safe.

I personally prefer sucralose, as all of the others taste weird (aside from xylitol which can be ok in gum). I bought a bulk, pure granule shipment off amazon. It came with a tiny scoop, and about a third of that scoop makes a sweet 12 ounce cup of tea.

fucking everything gives you cancer nowadays.
brown food is the latest villain.

There's absolutely zero evidence that any of these cause cancer. There's some emerging hypothesis and evidence that they can effect gut bacteria in a negative way. This may have an effect on obesity and diabetes. That's a very new front though and could very well be bullshit.

>the rodents were given hundreds of times more sweetener than a human could possibly ingest in a day
>the rodents were given hundreds of times more sweetener than a human could possibly ingest in a day
so rodents can eat more then humans huh?

Artificial sweeteners are used almost exclusively in garbage food products made for fat fucks who can't go ten minutes without eating something sweet.

I don't know or care how they affect your health compared to sugar; I boycott all of them them as a way to eliminate cheap, shitty food from my diet and as a way to enforce a "quality over quantity" approach to eating sweetened foods.

Real sugar tastes better anyway.

You're literally retarded breh. The rodents were given the equivalent of hundreds of cans of diet soda in order to cause cancer. Short of you buying pure artificial sweeteners and intentially in taking exponentially more than you normally would, you won't get cancer. But even then, the sweetness would be so foul and cloying that I doubt you'd be able to keep it down to begin with. More than that, rodent studies need to be taken with an enormous grain of salt, as they often have no carry over to humans.

In short, you're a fucking idiot.

It's been shown to have a positive correlation with certain types of cancer. You know, just like the sun, most plastics, meat, many beauty products, and all processed foods ever. So basically if you've ever used/ eaten any of those products your doomed. Sorry kiddo.

>sucrose, the sugar in ripe fruit
>cancer
pick one

He obviously meant sucralose.

In large amounts they'll give you diarrhea.

Stevia is probably the best because it's natural or whatever, but it's also the most expensive.

You're a fucking idiot

I only ever use stevia

monk fruit is pretty lit

>It came from a plant so it must be safe
>muh organic healthy stuff

Go chew on some beladonna then and rid the world of your autism please

Aspartame is one of the most researched food substances ever and no realistic correlation to cancer has been found

Stop believing everything your mom posts on Facebook you nigger

Aspartame is the best. Unfortunately, sweeteners still increase your blood glucose via microbiota in your intestines, usually more harshly than just plain soda. Specifically saccharrin is pretty harsh. You can potentially develop insulin resistance and diabetes from it. Aspartame however can be digested into base amino acids and only increases your blood glucose to about (slightly under) the level of sugar. So, yeah, aspartame is the best out of most sweeteners.

thats not true my mom is a diabetic and never has to adjust her insulin levels because of a diet soda

>Stevia is Natural
fda.gov/aboutfda/transparency/basics/ucm194320.htm
"Stevia leaf and crude stevia extracts are not considered GRAS and do not have FDA approval for use in food."

You're making a lot of definite claims about an area of research that is in its infancy. As another user said, there's a reason diabetics don't die from drinking diet soda. Stop pretending to be an expert on the Internet, someone might believe you.

>stevia
>artificial

lmao dude what?

okay, like still haven't posted any credible truth like some sort of faggot

see
Anything being sold as Stevia is requires so much refinement that something which is NOT a food can be turned into food.

sugar also causes cancer

I follow what the research about it says. That said, there's a lot of P-Hacking and bullshit involved in studies. But as a med student, it seems to make logical sense to me and I've yet to see reason to believe otherwise. Wouldn't say I'm an expert, but I'm certainly more educated than 95% of Veeky Forums.

Studies showing Saccharin gave people cancer were debunked when they found that the cancer showing up in mice was the result of a mechanism not relevant in humans.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8910956

Voting Democrat. Also, causes cancer.

>Unfortunately, sweeteners still increase your blood glucose via microbiota in your intestines, usually more harshly than just plain soda

If that was true then diabetics couldn't use artificial sweeteners. They can without issue, so you're full of shit.

>t. first year premed who doesn't know shit

Just imagined a doggo trying to chew gum. Adorable, desu senpai.

4th year med school at UW which is the highest ranking Medical School in the US.

That is a damn nice salmon

I find aspartame to have a bitter aftertaste

I use to drink Diet Coke like it was water. Too me it tasted so fucking good. This was before I decided to get \fit. When I stopped drinking diet soda I had cravings for it and migranes.. but I notice after a few months my skin got much brighter (I'm Asian).
If you see this:

Drink only water.