Hey Veeky Forums can you give me advice with the squat

Hey Veeky Forums can you give me advice with the squat.

I have started doing back squats (115 pounds) but have been having low back pain, and as you can see here my back shifts a lot. I am thinking of switching to front squats, but they look just as horrendous. Any pointers? And obviously, Im just using the broom to practice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sp-o3UVyt2k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtu.be/sp-o3UVyt2k

forgot to add the video

bump

>squatting a fucking swiffer broom
>not going below parallel
>wearing leggings with shit tier aesthetics
>shirtless
>30 fucking seconds to get ready
T O P K E K
O
P

K
E
K

Master the back squat first my man. They're not bad, you wanna focus on keeping your back straight and chest protruding outwards. Going to parallel is fine, you'll eventually get ATG don't worry

Your back is leaning forward way too far, should almost be close to vertical for a front squat. Keep that chest out and keep your elbows up high

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!?!??!
THE GOD DAMN BROOM STICK IS GOING SLANT WISE DOWN AND UP
ITS NOT EVEN SLIGHTLY RACKED ON YOUR SHOULDERS
YOU ARE HOLDING IT UP WITH ONLY YOUR FUCKING ARMS
HOW CAN YOU BE THIS FUCKING AUTISTIC FRONT SQUATS ISNT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE JUST KEEP IT RACKED ON YOUR GODDAMN CLAVICLE REGION AND MAKE IT GO STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU STUPID MANLET UNATHLETIC FROGPOSINT PIECE OF SHIT GO KILL YOURSELF JESUS FUCK

Thays tough to do with no weight on the bar

OP you need to get us an actual video of you squatting some weight. These were pretty ugly, but it's really hard for beginners to mintage vertical torso without weight. Even an empty bar is better than a broomstick.

Good news is that the main problem you have is flexibility, and that will fix itself as long as you stay aware of it. Squat to parallel now and with time you'll be able to go lower.

Also the thanks for the keks, next time the the sweepy bit off first.

yeah i noticed i have no flexibility at all. its pretty horrendous, thats why i want to fix it before I land in snap city. Ill see if my form gets better with the bar and just squat low weight while i establish flexibility. ill record an actual squat with weight later tomorrow

listen to this guy OP

That was horrendous.

You're doing a back squat motion for a front squat

Sit your ass straight down between your feet and keep your back perpendicular to the ground

There is no helping you, you are beyond retarded just end it

doesn't help it looks like he has a bit of a palvic tilt so if he isn't using his core and glutes in the back squat 1pl8+ will give lower back pain for over arching

t. dude with forward palvic tilt

Thanks for the laugh op

But be real. Where's the real video?

Holy shit you weren't kidding. He took half a minute to set up with a broom. Now imagine OP in a crowded gym setting with a barbell and weights.

My sides

Rip my friccin sides

In the video it looks like you have anterior pelvic tilt, this can be due to many reasons, the most common being tight hip flexors. I recommend 10-15 minutes of stretching your quads, hamstrings, ankle, and hips every day. If you fix that your back and front squat will probably be fine.

here you go OP. this should help with your form

I agree with all of this and want to add, start warming up your joints with dynamic stretches before squats and stretch them for real after.

Don't listen to the "omg never stretch before warm" faggots that are going to swarm this post. They read/heard it once and never knew why it's a saying.

Look up Alan Thralls videos on squats, he has one about warmup and one about stretching, they both have good elements

There's no way people squat like this. I've seen some pretty bad squats, but since this is the most recent these are easily the worst.

its the kids first time squatting

he doesn't have anterior pelvic tilt, watch the beginning before he sets up and end of the video. he's just uncoordinated and doesn't know how to rack a front squat

Youtube "chris duffin squats supertraining"

Its a great video teqching basics of bracig and cues during squat

Bullshit, why is he squatting 135 then.
Looking at it longer, yeah it might not be pelvic tilt but I don't think we can discount it yet. He is super uncoordinated though, most of that is down to him squatting at the knees and his hips. Stretching his posterior chain can only help.