Average standing db curl

Livestrong says the average db curl for men is 40lbs, and 20lbs for women.

I think this is absolute horseshit. At my college rec centre, the vast majority of people curl under 40lbs. Average strength dudes lift 20-25 lbs, people with some bicep definition lift 30-35lbs, and only the super jacked (by my standards and by IRL everyday standards, at least) can curl 40+. It's impossible that the "average" i.e. the regular joes you see walking down the street can curl 40lbs.

Also, I've never seen any woman ever curl anything close to 20lbs. On the rare occasion that they're doings some strength training, they're curling 10lbs at best.

I curl 25lb dumbbells 3x10 and I
squat 125x5 (pr today)
bench 115x5 (pr today)
deadlift 165x5
ohp 85x5

so no I would not agree average strength guys curl 25lb dumbbells since I am weak as fuck and use them.

That article is complete and utter horse shit.
I hammer curl 45lb dbs and i definitely stand out. Vast majority of men curl 25s and women its like 5-10 at best.

I call Bullshit on that
>livestrong
No fucking wonders Armstrong more like Gaydong

Yeah it's brostat horrible form cheat curling. I strict curl 40lb for 3x10 and no fucking DYEL normie is going to pull it off without using momentum and his whole body to swing the fucking weight.

Average dude would maybe pull off 30lbs for one rep. Even that seems high. 25lb for men, 15lb for women, with good form.

i curl 40 lbs and i weigh 165.

Average American man: 15lb curl
Average American woman: 5lb curl

This is the reality.

I do isolatated curls 3x12 40 as an accessory to 5x5 program, but my other stats are pretty low. I hope I can reach 1/2/2/3 before summer though

how fucking weak are your gym goers?

20kg curls are common as fuck...I'm DYEL by irl standards and I can still curl 15kg for reps

I'm 18 and I weigh 140 lb, I can curl 25 for 10 reps for 5 sets. I must be a women then
Bench-> 165*1
Squat-255*1
Deadlift-> 315

>how fucking weak are your gym goers?
America is the obesity capitol of the world breh.
>165 bench
>25 curl
bruh

Idk where they found the people for this survey, but I'm 6'2" @ 175 and I curl 35 3x10 and while it's difficult on the last set it Still isn't that hard.

got him.

There's your problem. You still go to a gym largely populated by kids.

Through age you grow stronger, the average male is a lot older than 18-22, and you aren't going to find a many groups of people that raise the average in tests like this. E.G. blue-collar workers, truckers, and etc.

You need to broaden your horizon and realize your little shitty world isn't the whole world. Don't they teach you at school to gain perspective?

>Through age you grow stronger
Past 25 is a downhill struggle.

No, it'd really not. You're still thinking only in terms of training.

>Use it or lose it
And a 55 year old male who worked all life in the metal industry sure used his body a lot more than an untrained 22 year old pencil neck school boy.

He is going to curl more , or would if he cared. Vanity is for the young

> the 10 regulars at my gym are weak
> therefor the entire country must be weak

>tfw curl 30lbs (no cheat reps) but arms still look DYEL; they only got thicker in diameter without getting the delicious hill-shaped bicep
>some people who curl 25lbs have Popeye-tier lumps

Why?

25 is when the tutorial is over. Things are about to get harder and now is the time your achievements matter. Nobody over 30 gives a shit about college time, except the fuckers who wasted it and never accomplishes anything after.

Or kids.

Look at Arnie, he will NEVER EVER surpass his peak, his entire life is a downhill battle and he can never be the glorious man he once was.

Are you kidding me? Do you even know what he's done after his "golden years"?

There's more to being a man than how he looks.

>There's more to being a man than how he looks.
That's where you're wrong. Your body is literally everything. It is the pinnacle of human existence, your body is your god.

I was curling 106 on the ez bar for strict reps and then I got tendonitis. Then eventually stopped curling entirely.

I look like shit though, and did then too. Only 16 inch fatceps. 13 inch forearms. Looks like shit too.

I want to start curling again and I hope this gay wrap heals me since it seems to be helping the 3 times I've used it.

I can do 50 lb for 10 reps strict form if it's my first exercise, but it took me a while to get to that point. I don't see how people are averaging 40 lb considering most men aren't making 10 year commitments to the gym.

That's fucking retarded. I'm a fucking skelly and I curl 15lbs. I'm weak as fuck.

>being this autistic

>I'm weak as fuck.
So are Americans.

Could you stop being a Boi for just long enough to have a serious conversation? I mean it, things change after 30.

Your appearance still matters, but you aren't judged on your facial features the same way kids are. Or how buff you are. It's about how you dress and groom.

Ok, send your best football team over here.

The think the entire strongman and powerlifting community wants a word with you.
Most men's strength peaks at 35-40.

You got tendonitis where?

Elbow/forearm. If I touch that little point on the side of elbow I can feel pain there, and it feels like my muscles are always sore in forearm. Hurts when I squeeze. Undiagnosed but I figure that's what it is since it hasn't gotten better since July or whenever it was. This little tendonitis kit has been helping though.

Might have been from phat grip curls and throwing a weird overhand while trying out weird punches. Either way it's fucked.

>caring about weight for curls
shiggydiggydoo

People e-stat, OP.

America doesn't even have a football team

Hand Egg then, not Grass Dive.

I'm weak as fuck (115 bench) but I can strict curl 30 for 10 reps or 35 for 5. I can easily see the average gym goer being able to curl 40 lbs no sweat.

Have your women's team play vs a women's rugby team from GB, American rule set. See if your words are still so big

i'm a fitter than average female and can't curl 20lbs

Cause you're fat lol

>women sports
The worst. But ours would literally murder you at any sport besides rugby (only because we don't understand the fucking rules no matter what system)

No fucking way the standard for men is only 25lb. I'm ottermode and can do 37.5lb on a good day.

> grass diive

euro but still kek'd

I'm a grill and I curl 30lb dumbells, but haven't progressed any further in a couple weeks so maybe that's the natty grill limit

I curl 35 for 3x8. Could prob do 40 for 3x5

Don't see a problem here desu.

I weigh about 202lb and curl 55lb 3x8, but i am not an american feggit maybe thats why

if i do strict curls with my back against the wall and elbows not moving an inch then I can do about 40s for reps no problem. but i mean when I do my incline DB bench i cheat curl 110s on each side no problem. I am fairly big at 195lbs 5'10 and

lol I'm 5'11" 76kg and 12% bf and I curl 40s

I'm actually a (former) auschwitzmode skeleton. My pecs and back have developed great but my arms have gotten thicker but without the bicep bump

Read the article. The problem here is the retarded author takes the data for barbell curls (80lbs for men, 40lbs for women, which seems about right) and uses the logic that for dumbbells the max weight must be exactly half (ie 40, 20) for each arm when if he had any clue what he was talking about he'd know that's total bullshit.

If you can curl a certain weight barbell, for a one arm dumbbell curl you'd be able to curl roughly 1/3 of that, definitely not 1/2. So that means that for men the average curl according to the information is 27lbs and for women it's 13 lbs. This seems about right for gym-goers, but for true average joes in which case there are lot of superfat fucks with no muscle mass bringing the average down, I'm sure the mean number would be even lower.

Mystery solved.

Your other lifts are just fucking awful compared to your biceps rofl. How the fuck are you benching as much as you squat. Your lifts are fucking shit, work on those before comparing them to your dumbell curls, you'll realise the curls weight will go up a lot more slowly than the other lifts

saw another one of these that had like average bench at like 80kg
lol