Why do people say to stop SS after 1 cycle?

Why do people say to stop SS after 1 cycle?

Rip says any 18-40 year old male should be able to hit a 400 squat and 500 deadlift on it, and that you can keep on running SS until you hit it.

That said, is there any reason to switch off onto a intermediate routine unless I can squat 400 and deadlift 500?

Rip says a lot of shit that has very little relation to the reality of most trainees (also, Rips own guys generally don't hit those numbers on SS anyway). The question is not 'can you hit a 400 squat on SS?' but 'is chasing a 400 squat with SS an effective means of reaching my goals?' and the answer frequently is no.

I do SS, I like it and it's effective, but threads like this are why people say it's a meme and they honestly have a point

So many ppl fooled by this old man and the one marketing book he read 30 fucking years ago

Honestly, he's an inspiration to me (as a businessman).

Also, op RUN FR AWAY from this old man

I'm 160 lbs and a 500lb deadlift would put me way into elite territory.

Maybe I could gain 20-30 pounds and do it, but I don't want to be a fatass powerlifter.

I've been lifting 4.5 years and I recently found myself back on SS.

Gets boring making zero progress on PPL/split/Upper/Lowers.

rip also says that lactose intolerance is a myth and you'll 'get over it' if you continue drinking a gallon a day.

Are you 5'3?

i actually did get over it drinking a half gallon

took prolly a couple weeks

5'7". I probably have about 10-15 pounds more muscle until I'm at my genetic potential. Even 10 pounds more is gonna be hard to get if I want to be lean.

I make gains on Upper/Lower split

I went for 5 months on SS last year. Got up to lmao2pl8 squat and people started to notice i was lifting but I felt small in my upper body. Workouts were fucking boring (3+ minute waits between sets, regular failure of sets) and I lost motivation. I still recommend it, started it again recently, but supplement it with more upper body workouts or switch routines about 6 months in (regardless of progress).

Eh, you're probably not strong enough if your Upper body is falling behind on SS.

I have a strong bench, strong ohp, and a strong weighted chin-ups. My upper-body is developed amazingly well on it, just as good as it has in the past on bro-splits.

Bait.
>Felt small in my upper body
Chances are you're still small and lift small if it took you 5 months to get up to a 225 squat, as evidenced by you saying you're doing a beginner program again.

lol how is that bait? I really don't get the point in lifting if you're not somewhat lean, unless you're a giant.

he's just giving you a goal to shoot for. he says to switch to an intermediate routine after you have to deload 3 times

>3+ minute waits between sets
You are supposed to rest 5-10 minutes between sets.

>weighted chin-ups
technically a supplement to the main lifts. my upper body tracked with my other lifts desu.
started from years of inactivity. stay mad.
fugg don't remind me. i can only stare at the ceiling for so long.

Why would I be mad that you're a beginner lol.
It's bait cuz you can get a 500lbs deadlift at 5'7" 160, which is not way into elite by the by, you just have to train specifically for strength. I'm not too sure about muscle mass but I think you could get 185 in a few years of good diet and training.

elite is 478 pounds at 160 according to symmetric strength. I can do 3x395 currently. I dont see myself getting that high without gaining some weight unless I lose muscle in places that don't benefit my deadlift and gain it where I need it, but that would suck.

How is he benefitting from me doing SS?

Symmetric Strength has a very loose definition of elite.

It says 540 is elite if I plug in 160 for weight.

I did whatever formula is there by default.

Either way is SS supposed to get people to be lifting at elite levels?

Is elite achievable by most people or is it for genetically gifted only?

I don't know if people at my gym suck but hardly anyone deadlifts over 400. If they do it's mostly strongfat guys.

People at your gym suck, at least as far as strength goes (which, to be fair, is probably a fucking long way down their list of priorities. There's only so many things you can put the time into being good at). The numbers for elite that Symmetric Strength uses are borrowed from one of Rips pieces and the definition of 'elite' is basically "has trained for strength over some years and is in the top few percent of the country - counting everyone who doesn't lift". Pretty much anyone could exceed those numbers given time and determination.

There's only one formula on symmetric strength. SS gets you to intermediate levels. Elite is achievable by anyone through hard work, world class is the one not everyone can get to through hard work. Most normies can barely deadlift 315 brah, you underestimate what the body can do. There a few asian manlet powerlifters at my gym that can rep 315 bench and 500 deadlift.

>Rip says any 18-40 year old male should be able to hit a 400 squat and 500 deadlift on it, and that you can keep on running SS until you hit it.

you can get to those numbers easily, but linearly? if someone can hit those numbers increasing the weight every workout and without any plateaus he is gifted.

I meant strength standards. There are a lot of huge roided out dudes at my gym but most of them don't deadlift. a few of them squat, most of them don't do over 3plates though especially if they go ATG.

They don't train for strength.

Maybe one out of every 100,000 guys ages 18-40 could start SS and achieve those numbers without stalling/restarting, generally when you hit 4/3/2/1 you will have restarted a few times and from then on it becomes very hard to progress doing a linear progression program.

Once you get to 4/3/2/1 most people get onto a goal specific program - If you wanna be a fatty fat faggot powerlifter who spends 3 hours in the gym doing a powerlifting program to lift heavy weights but look like shit then do that. If your goal is aesthetics and bitches then get onto a push/pull/legs or upper/lower program (But still do powerlifting exercises).

Rip has a history of saying stupid ass shit e.g. "30lbs of lean muscle in 11 weeks" following his program

>If you wanna be a fatty fat faggot powerlifter
have you seen powerlifts in weight classes? they are everything but fat.

>3x395

>If you wanna be a fatty fat faggot powerlifter who spends 3 hours in the gym doing a powerlifting program to lift heavy weights but look like shit then do that.

t. someone who has never lifted at a powerlifting gym

> B-but muh weight classes
> 5'4" 80KG manlets who justify being a manlet by lifting heavy things up and then putting them down again

better than deluded lanklets lifting in hopes of getting big and getting a shot at pussy

you sound skinny and weak desu

> This triggers the manlet powerlifting fanbois

Nice knee straps fags