Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/article/starting-strength-coaches-a-demographic-analysis
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes

no

Yes
1 plate ohp is even a bit harder than 2plate bench

That feel When OHP as much as i bench..

who the fuck is this retard in OPs pic and why did he ignore most of his body parts. i bet he thinks he looks good too. fucking retard. sauce?

>tfw 60kg ohp but only 80kg bench

>why did he ignore most of his body parts
but he is just fat, he doesn't lift

FUCK YOU
my OHP is only 45kg

Next time add more weight than you can handle and push press it and do a slow negative on the way down. This helped me a lot.

I can OHP 1 plate but can't bench 2 plates? what the fuck is up with that

I skipped shoulders a lot over the last 6 month, but I'll try what you suggest. Thank!

Probably something to do with form and/or proportions, if you've been training the two equally. The carryover between the two lifts can be rather variable.

Not for me.

Seems legit.

lol no fucking way. I press a 60kg (1pl8) and bench 80kg (1,5pl8) and the press is easier.

make sure you are shrugging at the top and tense your whole body esp. your core.

eh, worked for me. Made my strict press weight feel lighter.

i can ohp more than 1pl8 but can't even bench 1.5

startingstrength.com/article/starting-strength-coaches-a-demographic-analysis

average ohp = 66% of bench

>70kg ohp, 80kg bench
How is this even possible? I really hate bench, but I feel like there must be some easy gains to be had there.

no

t. monkey arms

i can do 1pl8 ohp for 3 and my pr is 200 for 2 reps for bench

It's not OHP if you push with your knees or hips you retards.

I fucking don't.

>how to spot a weak faggot

I can STRICT THE PRESS™ 1pl8 for 10 reps but i cant bench 2 plates. What now?

>i cant bench 2 plates

Now you've both been outed as weak faggots.

>>>/reddit/

You are a retard. Faggot.

No.
My bench was just over 1.5pl8 when my ohp was 1pl8

I hit 1pl8 OHP and I'm nowhere close to 2pl8 bench. I'd say 2pl8 bench is harder.

>tfw disproportionate

Same, just hit 1pl ohp yesterday, bench at 85 kg

im not denying that im a weak faggot but you have to be a weak faggot physically and mentally to get butthurt about someones lifts and call him out when those lifts are not even impressive

fucking me too kek
glad to know i'm not the only one

> almost reached 4pl8 DL
> above 3pl8 squats
> just reached 1pl8 OHP

> LMAO STILL GOT 20KG LEFT ON BENCH PRESS UNTIL 2PL8

t-thanks

what is 50kg OHP equivalent of bench? I been only doing dumbell bench.

Pic pls

all depends on your genetics and leverages
I hit 1 pl8 ohp at 1.75pl8 bench.
Others hit 2 pl8 bench way earlier

Rippetoe says most men should be able to press their bodyweight.

Do you even lift?

probably because most dudes do bench press 24/7 and neglect doing OHP. In my gym nobody does OHP consistently, but they all do 10 sets of various bench press exercises.

I agree so much with him on his thoughts about this lift. A couple years ago before I started training I was down in the basement working out with some of the equipment we had and I loaded up the bar and pressed it over head. Most natural thing to do.

this was my think as well.
People that start going to the gym when they are 14 do bench and curls...

Little offtopic but by pl8's do you guys mean 45lb plates or is it higher?

100lbs eleiko plates

Jesus is that individual or both sides?

both sides. Also never count the bar.

Really? I always thought you counted the bar. Thats good though since im doing 55 each side

On average, people will reach 1pl8 OHP sooner than they will reach 2pl8 bench

1pl8 is the weight of the bar + 2 45lbs (or 20kg) plates, 1 on each side. So in total, 60kg.

Sweet so i can do 10lb over one pl8 thanks my guy

I would say 1pl8 OHP is much harder than 2pl8 bench. Took me a while to get 2pl8 bench, but got 1pl8 OHP quite fast

around 80kg

>120kg bench
>dont even ohp 1plate

make fun of me

The shame of being a benchbro should be ill enough.

I just never bothered to train OHP.

For me OHP is much easier than bench.
Doing 60kg OHP but just 70 kg bench.

Or they do brosplits that mostly have seated db shoulder-press in them. Did that for years and could do even do more on those than with db bench. Turns out this has a terrible carryover to OHP though, because when I started actual OHPing I could barely do 0.25pl8 in the beginning.

>only have two sentences in post.
>they contradict each other

I'd say most people are a bit over 1plt OHP by the time they reach 2plt bench. Maybe 1.2plt OHP by the time your reach 2plt bench is average.

Sounds about right.

60-70% of bench weight is normal.
Below that you should probably take a look at your technique/try different grip widths. Above that and congratulations, you are a push pressing faggot that tries to pass it off as his OHP.

>can't even squat 2pl8.
>can DL little bit over 2pl8 only
>can OHP 1pl8 and BP 2pl8.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

Very short arms and long femurs.
or
Shitty technique
or
Caring more about upper than lower.

tfw
43kg ohp
93kg bench

I DIDN'T TRAIN MY DELTS FOR MY FIRST YEAR REEEEEEEEE

You don't squat enough

Enough as in times a week or weightload?

my fingertips, when hanging,reach below the bottom of my scrotum.
I have long femurs

you're not doing it right then

>my fingertips, when hanging,reach below the bottom of my scrotum.
So do mine (by quite a margin) and I still have arms that are an inch shorter each than average for my height. It's probably, at least in part, due to being a member of the t.rex club, welcome brother - best to just accept that you weren't built for deadlifting.

No it's fucking not, I bet u can't do either for even 8

When my bench was 110kg I could OHP 85kg.
Now my bench 1rm is 150kg but I stopped OHP for a year and I'm still at ~85kg, might have even lost some strength. Seems like there's very little carryover- in my case anyway.

exact opposite here. i had 1RMs of 110kg and 70kg respectively, then only benched for a while and tested ohp for fun: 125 / 80.
i feel like the more reps you do, the harder the ohp gets in comparison to the bench. for 1 rep 60kg ohp is much easier than 100kg bench, for 5 they're about the same and for 8 reps (rather stupid standard btw) benching would be easier, for me at least.

Yes, because when you OHP you're standing on two legs and pushing against one plate, so a ratio of 2:1. But when you're on a bench you have your two legs plus the bench's two legs pushing against 2 plates, so a ratio of 4:2. 2:1 = 4:2, so it's the same.

nice broscience.
after all, why do leg day when the bench has legs for you to use?

>squat at almost 3pl8
>deadlift just over 3pl8
>OHP 45 kg
>bench 1pl8
Still working that linear progression in squats and dl, stalling on OHP and bench.

To make things even worse I recently hurt my hand so I can't even pull or push anything so I'm stuck to only squatting for a couple of weeks.

>those lifts
legitimately feel bad for you.
keep working. we're all gonna make it brah.

kek, and you probably still follow a routine that tells you to alternate BP with OHP

this is what you get for not doing both OHP and BP on every session

I'm 6'0" and hit 1pl8 OHP around the same time I was doing 1.5pl8 bench

It's all about how stubby/lanky your arms are