Fitness trackers

I know that most of you have a shitty opinion on these stickies, but for some retarded reason, I think that they not only look great but provide some useful information (Like steps for instance).

What would be the best price/quality tracker which you would honestly recommend?

Fitbit is shit. Misfit's better accuracy, gps etc.

What will you do with that information determines how useful they'll be. 90% of people wearing them are fat and don't change their diet but think muh 10k steps will fix that.

I'd only use it for monitoring my sleep cycles and amount of walking I need to improve. I'm already doing it, but it would be easier for me to set some goals.

For instance, 100k steps per week & shit.

>provide some useful information (Like steps for instance).

Kek

Oh cmon, don't tell me that any of you have ever thought of buying these shits?

Bought one for heart rate monitoring. That's literally all I use it for. Idk why you'd need to know how many steps you take or whatever.

It's way more useful as a sly way to enable a remote control app so you can watch what you like.

Well, not only for steps. Heart rate, metabolism and any other stuff which is possible to detect is interesting to monitor. But yes, that steps thing is like a game, it's quite fun.

And what wristbands do offer this? Besides smart watches

i have vivosmart hr+
It gets good reviews and the calorie expendenture tracker is found to be accurate down to2-3% by those who tracked calories, weight and what the clock said. Its decent to track sleep quality, but not 100% accurate, and the step count is very inaccurate because its attached to your wrist, and not to your ankles, knees or hip.

I wouldn't even think of relying on these things for metabolism dude that's ridiculous.

I got one for Christmas and have had a good experience so far
It does a good job of tracking my workouts, movement, and heart rate. Even if it had an error of +- 5% it is still less error then me estimating how active and intense my daily activity was
This gives me a more accurate daily TDEE to work with and is way easier then trying to keep track of everything yourself.

Also I leave my phone on silent and never on me. So getting the text and call notifications is great

Bonus:
>gf has one
>challenge her daily
>visually sees me 3x more active then her
>steps her game up

Kinda wanted the fitbit charge 2 for a while, I liked that it reminds you to move, tracks sleep, and has you do breathing excersizes when it senses stress, and of course the HR monitor

Is there anything thats better quality that has similar features?

whats ridiculous about it?
>weigh x pounds
>move x pounds y distance in a day
>move x pounds for t time at various heart rate intensity
>get better resolution of activity = more accurate TDEE

the breathing exercise is shit, just a gimmick

The rest of the charge 2 is great for the price. I also got mine 30$ off during holiday sales

How is the Xiaomi Miband 2

It wouldnt be accurate for absolutely everyone. But they can be very accurate. People report accuracy up to 97-98%. It depends on the model too. Not all of them are accurate. some have an accuracy of only 85% or 80%

Better than the charge 2.

Source: I own both

I find my tracker to be be of good value. I mostly use it for sleep tracking. It did highlight for me that battle ropes for me increases my HR post workout for much longer than any other activity. Since I noticed that I do it more often.

Have a Charge 2, replacing the Charge HR I bought back in August of last year. Have shed 50 pounds (started at 250) and about 12% body fat since 8/22 (started in the mid-30s).

It's all about applying the feedback. For me, it makes my progress more tangible, and it's easier to stick to my goals. People can call it a crutch or whatever they like, but I'm seeing a shitload of progress, and I have to give at least some of the credit to my Fitbit.

what do you have the calorie deficit set to?

Do you find it's calorie tracking to be accurate?

I use mine mostly to track calories burned (not super accurate but good enough) and my resting HR so I can tell when I'm getting out of shape

It's a portable wrist mounted botnet node.

>2017
>willingly subjecting yourself to the red botnet

Ayy lmao

I set the deficit to 1000, and the daily calorie burn to my sedentary TDEE (so any lifting or cardio is just gravy). My cut is more aggressive though - I try to take in 1300-1800 calories a day - so by using the food tracking aspect diligently, I'm losing about 12 pounds month.

The thing about the calorie burn tracker is that it's not 100%... But then again none of them are, so I don't assume I'm burning exactly 400 calories on my run. That said, the Fitbit is sure as fuck more accurate than the number the treadmill calculates, and without a tracker, who knows (with any precision) you burned lifting. What I can say with certainty is that it's internally consistent, by which I mean I can easily compare today's workout with yesterday's, and adjust my diet on the fly accordingly. So if it says I burned 450 on leg day and 375 on arm day, I know to adjust my intake on arm day by -75 calories versus what I had on leg day. The way I see it, as long as the burn/intake differences more or less match, it should be a wash at the end of the day. So far this strategy has worked well for me.

It helps if you don't focus as much on day to day and focus more on week to week.

This is also true, and will work for a lot of folks, but I'm a data scientist so I like to focus on the nitty gritty and then see the results aggregated up. In this case, this takes the form of making sure I end every day about 1,500 calories below what it says I burned. Sure, I could get the same effect by finishing the entire week -105,000, and while that'll give me more flexibility on a day to day basis, it's too hard/high level a target for me to manage.

It'll certainly be better/easier to operate that way for some folks, though.

I've been using the Alta since fall last year and I like it. I don't focus a lot on lifting and mainly do cardio and aerobics, so for my goals the trackers are helpful. I really only treat it as a supplementary device to keep a rough estimate on progress.

One thing I have to note is how great the durability is. It's been through sweat, rain, and impacts and has no problems or connectivity issues.