Core exercises

I fell for the meme that compound exercises are enough for good abs, so my core looks like shit. Now I'm looking for advise for core exercises to fit into my program.

My goal to make strength progress and some hypertrophy in the meanwhile as I'm a beginner, ultimate goal is hypertrophy.

A:
Bench press 2x5 1x5+
Squat 2x5 1x5+ or Deadlift 1x5+
Row 2x5 1x5+
DB Flys 3x8-12
Facepulls 3x8-12
Biceps/Triceps superset 3x8-12

B:
Bench press 2x5 1x5+
Overhead Press 2x5 1x5+
Squat 2x5 1x5+ or Deadlift 1x5+
Pull ups 2x5 1x5+
Lateral raises 3x8-12

One week Squat on A en DL on B, next week other way around.

I'm 1,95cm/87kg and lifts are
BP 57,5kg x6
Row 50kg x5
Squat 85kg x5
DL 110kg x5
OHP 35kg x5

So what exercises should I do? and where should I fit it in?
Other more general advice is welcome as well.

>my core looks like shit
>I'm a beginner

of course your core looks like a shit, you're a beginner. don't attribute it to compound exercises

that said, i think your routine looks fine.

also your stats are shit. keep adding weight.

abs and core are also different things

I can't speak for looks since I'm only starting my cut now, but since I started using the ab wheel 2-3 times a week I feel much stronger and safer during squats and deadlifts. I hit a squat 1RM yesterday and while it was a grinder I didn't have any form breakdown.
I can also see some of the top abs in certain lightning even though I've been gaining weight for a long time, and I couldn't see them before.
So yeah, try the ab wheel. But be careful because as a beginner you're definitely not strong enough to do full reps, especially when you're that tall. If that's too hard, try weighted planks and go up in 5kg increments when you can do a full minute.

hanging leg raises with weight and ab wheel from standing position will make your core strong. don't neglect your lower back strength though and also do back extensions.

Get food poisoning seriously.
You will vomit so much the abs doms will be insane.

>back extensions
That is a hamstring exercise, user.

I don't think you lift enough to be worried about your core not being up to snuff.

You didn't fall for anything, you're just weak as fuck. If you want a strong core, fall for the eating and not being a pussy meme.

You want a 6pack, eat less and do the ab wheel. Keep being weak.

L O N D O N

O

N

D

O

N

ab wheel and minimum 1 minute planks.

I am a very handsome young man, and strong and I love sex in all positions and I love to perform sex for long periods of time. Everyone that has had sex with me will testify that they have experienced something they had never seen before. I am going to take off all your clothes and walk my lips over every part I reveal, kissing every inch of your body and I'll carry you in my hands, and hold you close, and tuck you into bed and hold your breasts. I put each tit in my hands and kiss them, and I'll put each tit in my mouth and lick your nipples with my tongue. I'm waiting for you. Please respond.

>beginner
>skelly
>lanklet
>stats are shit
>I-I swear, it's the c-compounds! my abs would be 10/10 if I only did those 3 crunches at the end of my workouts!
Retard.

Just do compound movements and add abs to the end of your workout. Its not rocket science. And do more than 3 sets if you want hypertrophy. YOu need strength gain and volume for maximal muscle growth. 10+ sets for each muscle a week.

Buy an ab wheel and do that everyday.

Why would you train a msucle everyday? seriously. Do you do back everyday too? or do you think abs are some kind of magical muscle?

I'm just giving him suggestions. He doesn't have to do it everyday though.

Youre giving him bad advice. If you want to have good abs then they need to get bigger. And muscle needs rest to get bigger. Training the same muscle everyday isnt the way to go.

Because for the most part you can train abs everyday. You're not going to tear your abs like a torn pec. You're not going to slip a disc.

That's not to say training abs everyday is fun though. Actually I should start doing them in the first place again.

fair enough

The reason you rest is for the muscle to build itself up after you trained it. When you hinder the recovery process you also hinder the gains. I did not talk about injuries or pulling a muscle.

>Your abs need more than 24hours of recovery to rebuild themselves after you've used that ab wheel for 5mins
Holy shit man, do you unironically think our body is this much of a cuck?

>AMRAP

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Literally just READ SS and DO SS

>2x5
Nigger what are you doing?

Nearly every compound lift requires your core. Training your core 24hrs before squat or deadlift is asking for a visit to snap city. Coincidentally, your lower back is engaged while doing many core exercises.

Dude, have you ever tried doing an ab wheel extension from standing position as a beginner? This is some pretty high level shit, OP's gonna rek his shit

Just do planks every morning. Once you can do it for 5 min then do ab wheel

a leg raise progression for dynamic movements, combination of planks, hollow hold and arch hold for static

>Sluttiness as a way to compensate ugliness: the picture

the one on the left isn't too slutty but she is also not pretty

it still goes prettiest -> ugliest and purest

Yeah and every pushing lift requires your triceps and shoulders. That doesn't mean I can't do a few pushups on my off days. Running on off days doesn't influence my squats either, even though both have leg involvement. Jesus, you guys are underestimating your body so damn hard.

>N-no I cant carry these grocery bags, I need my grip strength for deadlifts tomorrow hurr durr

Core and abs/obliques are different things, if you want to train those for hypertrophy you can do it everyday or alternate it, those muscle give better results on direct work. But that's a low volume routine for hypertrophy.

Smaller the is muscle higher the frequency you can train it. You could train arms every day, same goes for abs. The same doesn't work for legs for isn't, they need some extra time to recover. But for obvious reasons doing 10x10 on four plates barbell curls every session isn't recommended.
Silly.

Using this shitty advice, you may as well train each body part each day, 365 days a year.

>running on off days doesn't influence my squats

You must be dyel

If they do, then you have shitty conditioning levels, user. Either that or you must be simultaneously a world class squatter and long distance runner.