r8 form

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bEG8Ml8eE88
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

10/10

>lowbar lol

-Finn

nice squat morning my dude

Memes aside you do have a squatmorning thing going on. Hips rise before your torso, caused by weak quads most of the time. Legs can't press the weight so you dump all the torque onto your hips and back.

That's called hip drive

open a book son

Nice bounce at the bottom. 3 red lights.

Otherwise good.

What? He literally pauses and doesn't bounce - Finn

>bouncing at the bottom of a pause squat
0/10, see me in the showers after class.

Not sure if you're memeing here, but just in case...

That's not an effective way to squat long term. You're throwing away knee torque.

Is it okay to do that thing where your hips kinda raise up a bit before your back and your back becomes more horizontal to the ground?

I do that sometimes but I've been counting it as a failed rep because I feel like it'll hurt my back when the weight starts getting big

>That's not an effective way to squat long term. You're throwing away knee torque.

>Disagreeing with the mighty Rippetoe

What do you think of Matt ogus's squat?
youtube.com/watch?v=bEG8Ml8eE88

- Finn

more sips before lift

Why does he have such a narrow stance

r8 form

Looks good to me. He's got them short femurs, great for squats

the bar during deadlifts is like three meters away from him. anyways, x'ed out because i dont watch people who take steroids

clean form 10/10.

are we forgetting that he's pausing with at least 365lbs on his back? a little squat morning isn't going to kill him. we should instead be asking what his working sets and 1RM look like.

Squat form looks fine. BUT don't do this step to unrack the bar ever

Always put both feet under the bar and squat it up, then do 2-3 steps backwards.

Shut up tian tao does the same thing
- Finn

Not him but why not use the step? Bad on knees?

That's called a stiff legged deadlift you genius.

You and OP are not Tian Tao.

okay thanks

terrible
beautiful

what if they are...........................................

really makes you think

more like lolbar

Better balance and less effort to unrack.

You don't want to waste energy on unracking and if the weight gets heavy you want to have it as stable as possible. Its also easier to brace your core and hold tension when using a small squat to unrack it

Thats not what hip drive is you fucking retard

Thats just bad form

Looks good. Obviously you shift back angle when coming up but it doesn't look like your upper or lower back caves in so it doesn't matter that much.

Depth is good but it's hard to say anything with a film straight from the side.

because powerlifting regulations dictate that you pause at the bottom of a squat for 3+ seconds. he can obviously squat that weight comfortably WITH an exaggerated pause. i'm sure he looks fine bouncing out of the hole.

what the fuck is time under tension?

What the fuck does anything you said have to do with hip drive and the fact that you think good morning is that?

>lowbar
stopped watching at 0:00

for aesthetic reasons, stance width determines adductor stimulation

>because powerlifting regulations dictate that you pause at the bottom of a squat for 3+ seconds. he can obviously squat that weight comfortably WITH an exaggerated pause. i'm sure he looks fine bouncing out of the hole.
>what the fuck is time under tension
Stop talking about things you have no clue about

Please post your high bar

If your form looks like this one How do you make it look like this one?

your back seems a bit overextended. probably not a problem tho

Do high bar, get weaker and don't tighten your core

Don't go so deep it will eliminate the butwink.
Unrack bar with two feet, hips and glutes, not with a step.

the fact that you're calling his form bad. he's coming out of a 3 second pause, it's not the end of the world that he has some forward lean. i'm not calling his squat a good morning. i'm merely stating that what he is doing is an accessory for his squat. there is no reason to pause other than to train for a better squat.

are you able to parse sarcasm?

and can you speak on the matter of time/tension? i'd be thrilled to see coherently shit all over my comment.

first statement was meant to reply to obvs

>hips rise too fast out of hole
>too pussy to just wear tights without shorts over top
>shit tier belt
>ginger

4/10