Mfw arrived late at the gym so the instructor wasn't there and he couldn't explain me the exercises

>mfw arrived late at the gym so the instructor wasn't there and he couldn't explain me the exercises
>mfw i just went home and now i'll have to go there tomorrow and friday again thus disrupting my schedule of one day to rest before going to the gym

Godammit i'm fuckin mad now
(yes i'm a noob in the gym\fit world)

>skips the gym
>needs a day of rest before he can go to the gym again

I think you'll be fine

This is bait

>Skipping gym
You'll never make it.

It's just that i've been told that in the beggining you ought to rest one day before going to the gym. Now i'll have to go two days in a row and i'm worried it might damage my gains

I didn't skip gym, it's just that the instructor wasn't there and since i still don't know shit how things work i can't understand the meaning of the exercises or how to do them properly.
After i understand it i will be able to be on my own

Google/youtube can teach you almost anything you need to know. Or just ask another trainer or person in the gym.
Either way I hope you get better in the future, good luck.

Well, tomorrow i'll do the routine that was set for today and friday i'll do the apointed routine so at least i don't ruin the pace.

Mondays i train chest and triceps, wednesday i train legs and back, fridays i train shoulders and biceps

Why wouldn't you just skip tomorrow and then fall back into the schedule you had set?
And then learn not to do that retarded shit again and stick to the plan?

user, I'm going to assume you have 0 experience in the gym.
I'm also going to assume you do not work a physical job.
I'm also going to ask you what your age is.

We can work this out.

Because tomorrow i'll learn how to do the exercises and then i'll be set to do them on my own.

I'm 23 years old
Currently a NEET

I'm a tall skelington but it seems i've got a bit of high bodyfat.

The whole point of having a day of rest in between sessions is to let your body recover. If you do different muscle groups each time that won't matter at all, since you literally have a week between stressing the same body parts.

Get off whatever shit "routine" your instructor gave you or you cooked up and do 3 full-body workouts per week with linear progression until you're no longer a noob.

user that's the whole point of beginning. Humility and willingness will get you through, in addition to the patience and persistence that the sticky mentions are prerequisites.

Try the motions. Think about what you're doing. Change what you think needs changed. Ask questions. Read up on your questions. Learn. Then reapply what you learned. Keep this cycle, staying on the safe side (I fucking mean this, godamnit) when you're starting out. Seek form correction every now and then, but never rely on others guiding you through you working your own body, or you'll never feel the motions, the muscles, the balance and weaknesses.

In short, you'll never think for yourself, which is exactly what you're doing right now. You need to break through this, soon.

Or perhaps fitness is not for you.

Why didn't you just try them out yourself.

It's not like your trainer was going to immediately throw you into heavy weight Olympic style lifts. He was probably going to pussy out and give you 5lb dumbells with high reps.

I think that the instructor actually knows what he's talking about. I've been told dozens of times that the sticky is a meme that will make you look like a T-Rex.

You didn't answer my other questions. I'm looking for some background here - previous physical activity levels, sports, athleticism?

Also you're very good at making excuses, which is lying to yourself.

7/10, now I know it's a troll.

G'night Veeky Forums.

I don't understand what's so wrong in trusting in somoene who is way more experienced in this subject than me.

He gives me sets of 3x12

I practiced jiu-jitsu when i was in high school but i haven't done any exercise after that

He could've had this with the "instructor knows what he's talking about" but the t-rex gave it away. Shame.

It's just that i've been seeing that meme all over this place

Well, now everyone thinks that i'm a troll.

It's settled.
I'm not gonna make it. Back to /r9k/ where i belong.
Lel, what was i thinking... Becomin a proper human being... Sometimes my naivety amuses me

Do you talk like this out loud to other people in real life?

Just curious.

>Do you talk like this out loud to other people in real life?

Yes, of course. I make sure to climb the highest building, steal a speaker from somewhere and shout at full lungs for everyone to hear my rants.

(no, not really)

I'm going to continue (against my own health) and give you some benefit of the doubt.

The sticky isn't a routine. It does give you a few routines to start on. It also helps you define goals with some basic rules to start achieving those goals, IF you actually try in the first place.

The sticky recommends (for lifting, aka resistance training) full-body, composite (moving multiple joints through the motion of the lift) lifts that are easy to understand and begin, but difficult to master as you continue to lift and the weight goes up. That's good, it keeps you interested and asking fresh questions. Otherwise you'd get bored.

What part of a full body workout do you think gives you only legs and no upper body or torso? Full body means your back, chest, shoulders, arms, legs, thighs, hell even your neck and forearms. It's to get your body STARTED lifting, to see which of YOUR individual muscles are weak, or where you're too tight and lack flexibility (mobility). It also gets your CNS (central nervous system) primed for more weight - you're telling your body, "Hey, you're doing this kind of work now." and your body will adapt to that kind of work to get better at it. A lot of people have inactive and underdeveloped muscles/systems because they rest them all the damn time.

Anyway, you already said it for yourself - you're not going to make it.

>you're not going to make it.
>making it

That concept does not exist

Don't do it dood. If you go back there is a 100% nothing is gonna change.

Read starting strength or watch the videoes on their youtube channel and read some articles.

To be honest, the sole reason i started lifting is to become strong so i can become the most self-centered egoist person on the world.
Being strong means that i don't have to give explanations to anyone and i can be an asshole without suffering physical repercussions.

The ultimate IRL shitposter

> coming to Veeky Forums for legit advice and sympathy
Son, I'm not sure you understand this place.
But let me sum everything up by saying no-one but you can get you fit. Not your trainer, not your waifu, not Veeky Forums. Just you.

bait, and out

I guarantee if you were literally the strongest person in the history of mankind, you would still get your shit knocked out of you very quickly if you acted like this.

I hope you find some incredible amount of motivation to actually go to the gym, attempt a new PR, and dislocate a spinal disk causing permanent paralysis from the neck down.

>split as a beginner
>posting about it on Veeky Forums
Wewlad

Triggering the triggered

God i love Veeky Forums

>I hope you find some incredible amount of motivation to actually go to the gym, attempt a new PR, and dislocate a spinal disk causing permanent paralysis from the neck down.

Paranoia kickin in.
Nope, nope, nope.
Back to /r9k/ and to the books. The path to wizardry is one of the mind not the body

>a boo hoo hoo woe is me I give up two days in
the go and fucking give up. with that attitude, you were never gonna make it anyways

>Taking the troll seriously

Should have at least hit cardio and called it a off day

days in a row
Yeah, train different muscle groups. I work out days in a row and i train the different groups.

>deleted gym save file
>back to dyel mode

That sucks friend