QTDDTOT

I keep slipping...
Veeky Forums, what is the true secret to constantly staying full on a cut?

Should I literally chug water 24/7? I'm so close to my goal weight

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TFIaKrlY-tk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Intermittent fasting and caffeine. Also celery.

Is it okay to eat honey on a cut?

More secrets pls

how do i make my muscles and my body harder ?
i know it's autistic but in fighting sports i always feel like i'm being devastated by every hits.
i want to be carved out of fucking wood
i'm 6' and 165 pounds

Do stair machines count for lunges/leg work outs or cardio?

I'm a beginner lifter. This is my second time deadlifting.

How's my form?

Attempting: 200 lbs deadlift

Stats:
>age: 18
>height: 5'8.5"
>weight: 153 lbs

There is literally a deadlifting platform behind you, use it.

Is there anything inherently wrong with doing chest/triceps, back/biceps split?

Relax your arms, they're strings holding the barbell to your upperbody and push your chest more up/forward. But it looks fine I guess but I'm no expert.

BUMP

I know you're not supposed to deadlift with your lower back, but is it normal for your lower back to feel kind of tight after deadlifting? It's not really soreness or pain it's just like tightness

Looks alright. Be sure to control the bar on the way down, just dropping it like that could tweak your back.

Sounds pretty normal... lower back pump feels 'hard' to me anyway.

What are good accessory lifts when doing SS? I'm currently doing curls and wide grip pull ups. About a month working out.

Extra info
>weak back so trying to improve that
>skinnyfat

What are some things that make your body use up protein that could otherwise go towards muscle growth?

I'm thinking biting your nails as well as the skin around them, and ejaculating. Any other?

I go to planet fitness because that is the only gym anywhere close to me. How can I dead lift at a gym that only has a smith machine.

Lateral raises, neutral grip pullups, some forearm work...

Don't go too crazy on accessory lifts though if you want to do an orthodox SS. Rippetoe reccommends choosing one or two accessories in areas you think need work and no more, focus on compounds.

Alright I'll do some extra back work. Thanks.

Is there a reason no to do low intensity cardio as much as you can? Lets say I'm a neet and can go for a 3 hour walks two times a day, would it be beneficial to weight loss? Would it still be unhealthy to lose more then 2 pounds a week this way?

are dumbbell shrugs a good way to build thicc trapezius muscles? what else should i be doing?

You can do straight leg deadlifts with dumbells

literally get hit more. The thai hit their shins with bamboo and wood sticks. The japanese punch posts with rope bound around them. The chinese (at least in wing chun) use those wooden dummy guys and just whack them. Small stress fractures can help harden bones (anecdotally, idk the science) over time.
Also stop being such a skeleton. Why are you 165 at 6'?

Yeah they are fine, you can do lots more weight with deadlifts though.

Heavy rack pulls are bist.

Need some bicep ideas lads, i fucking HATE doing hammer curls. Cant do barbell curves because my left forearm is 1-2inches bigger than my right because of bad form when i first started. honestly cba to fix it.

im trying to find room to do these. all of my compound lifts are in my homegym, and then i have a PF membership for cardio/isolation stuff/dumbbells

>6'0''
>160lbs
>mucle
Eat, you have no muscle

Yes, deadlifting works your spinal erectors.

Calf raises. Dips Lateral raises and facepulls. Do your pull-ups with a normal grip. Wide grip is a meme.

Just do dumbbell supinating curls.

You use your lower back in deadlifts even if you aren't pulling the entire load with it.
If it's doms youre okay, if not it is your form.

I have a lot of shoulder pain when I bench press. I am considering adding facepulls to my routine to help my scapula.

I've heard two different techniques regarding form. I've head to keep my elbows above my wrists and I've also head that I need to keep my wrists above my elbows. Which is it?

Also, regarding benchpress form, can I tighten my back too much? Every video I watch makes it sound like I want my shoulder blades to be pulled back so far that they are touching, but I am starting to think that if I stop pulling my shoulder blades back that far, I might have more stability and strength in my shoulders.

Yea just not a shit ton retard

Keto/IF Meal Plan. This will be my strict consumption plan for 3 months.

Sunday will be my whatever day. I'm not sure if cyclical keto is a thing, was wondering if I could go over my carbs (only by a bit) but will likely stick to the plan and just concoct stupid shit and maybe a quest bar.

Get a critique? Also how much do ya'll spend on food in a month on average?

For the next 13 weeks I can only hit the gym for about 40 minutes, 3 times per week.

What's the best thing to do to minimize strength losses. I'm also cutting.

My current plan is PPL keeping weights high and sets low.

Dirty bulk, worry later

im hairy as fuck and i want to know whats a good full body shaver

Naturally enhanced or alpha body? Also, general thoughts on pic related

Lots of sugar. If you're only having a bit its fine.

That's muscle density, bud. Maybe do some more calisthenic stuff with fighting sports? Good bodily movements will tighten up your business.

Stairmasters are pretty rad. Get the heart rate up and put a burn in your legs. I like doing that after my sets.

Relax your arms, bring your shoulders back you have them forward. Move your groin forward a bit more at the top and bring it back down in a more controlled movement along your legs.

I'd need more information on your split here but are you just focusing on upper-body?

Low intensity cardio is fine if you're trying to lose weight and is a good baseline as long as you're combining it with a good diet. But a proper diet is 99% of losing weight.

Supinating curls. Do hammer curls anyways, dunno what else to tell ya.

Try not pulling your shoulders back so much. Keeping it that tight just seems terribly awkward and an odd way to cause yourself agony.

This seems fine. If you're that tied up you can spend a few bucks on a pull-up bar or dip station and catch that whenever you walk past it. I don't reckon you'll see drastic loss.

Nair. Literally... everywhere.

I have no idea what that means or who that is. Great traps though.

Are morning or evening workouts better? Or is it just related to what's most convenient in the schedule?

I prefer working out in the middle of the day after I've had lunch. I feel it is best to work out after having multiple meals because that is when I have the most energy.

It's up to you, whatever fits in your schedule and whenever you have the most energy.

Eat and bang it out around 10 so you have time for other shit.

>are you just focusing on upper body
No, I'm trying to train everything

Does anyone have any extreme fat loss tips ?

Currentlyvim doing IF +PSMF + EC stack and alot of water.What is your opinion on lifting weights while fasted? Loooking up info about it seems like it makes your HGH shoot up and makes your body use more body fat esp from stubborn areas

Is 3 teaspoons a bit? Honey

Per day

So the only gym in town dosent have a squat rack it has a smith machine. Is there any big problem if I use it to squat?

not even close to as good as a normal squat, but it's better than doing nothing at all .

Would I have to do more weight than usual to be like regular squats?

So I have some dull pain in my middlefinger's tendon. Probably from bad grip during deadlift. This has been present for last 2 months and I have since then not strained it.

Gripping stuff and pushing makes the tendon hurt right at the callus. I've read that it might be an infection and that resting would heal it but I'm getting worried now.

Anyone experienced this, if so, how did you fix it?

it doesn't matter how much weight you do, you'll never be using proper form.

The problem with Smith machines is that it doesn't allow you to find the proper form and could potentially hurt you due to inability to discover it on your own. It also doesn't work stabilization joints which are vital to any free weights work.

I'm 5'10, 165lbs, ~20%BF, havent lifted in about two years.
Wanna cut down to around 150lbs before i start bulking because i feel pretty shit about myself right now.

When cutting Is there any point in doing a program like SS, SL or anything high weight low rep? I figure my lifts arent gonna go up significantly while on a deficit.

I was thinking of doing a 3 day split, twice a week, going ABCABCx.

A- Chest/tri
B- Back/bi
C-Shoulder/legs

The routine would be compounds and accessory work all in the range of 3x10-15. I would also do some cardio.

After 1-2months id switch to a proper routine for gaining muscle.

Thoughts?

When I do ab work, specifically cable crunches, am I supposed to feel like I'm nauseous? Like the muscles around my stomach are getting tight? I know this probably sounds dumb but I jut want to make sure I'm hitting the right spot/feeling it in the right muscles

what kind of lifting routine should a fatass like me do, im 237lbs 6'1 eating about 1600 calories a day.

reading the sticky 3x5
killing yourself 3x5

sticky is whack as fuck, eat shit faggot.

>i'm a fat slob and can't figure out a beginner lifting routine
>sticky is full of examples for beginners
>sticky is whack as fuck

you're a retard, the sticky is there for a reason

i recently started eating a lot of beans BC I'm a poor fag and need to get protein fit cheap, but when do the farts stop ?? do they eventually calm down or if this something I'm just gonna have to learn to deal with?? also I'm much more bloated than usual does this go away? or once again I'm just gonna have to learn to deal

fiber-dense carbs = poots in the caboose

legumes are basically solidified farts.

so i just have to live my life as a gassy mother fucker??

there's some mom-science out there to reduce gas but basically the answer is "eat less beans".

I keep slipping control of my ass when I deadlift.

Is this a common thing? I want to take a shit when I deadlift and sometimes I let out rancid farts while doing it.

Is this normal Veeky Forums?

It sounds like you should go to the bathroom before you lift.

Yes you can.

You clearly don't sip then

I've been on SL for a month now, for my diet I changed I eat less shit and everyday before I work out I eat lots of eggs. Right now on days I don't lift I don't eat much but it's usually all meat. Should I be eating tons of protein even on days I don't lift?

I mean, just 1g per lb of lean body mass. Any more and you're just wasting it.

It doesn't matter. It's like the lift opens my bowels up.

does ab wheel work lower back?
my last session i had more pressure in my back then in my stomach.
i did semi standing ab wheels. (on a plank thats on partly on a higher point)

I once was reading about on here about a stack, I think it was yohimbine (I don't know how to spell it) and caffeine or something, what is all that called? I would like to try it

It's EC Stack, Ephedrine and Caffeine. But be warned, it can have some nasty side effects. Potentially ups anxiety and paranoia, as well as can cause heart palpitations. It's basically just a lesser version of speed.

You don't even burn that much more weight on it. I don't recommend it.

Well it showed you a weakpoint. Work on it. Never a bad idea to make the lower back stronger son.

what would even do that?

and wouldnt this exercise work my lower back then?

also isnt it a tell that my form was wrong ?

I'm 22. My dick grew 2 inches this passed year, went from 6" to 8", I have no idea why. My body looks similar. How? I thought I was done growing at like 17.

Do you have your plug in while you lift?

super addictive too, at least, if you have an additive personality

paranoia and anxiety go away with time, but if you take it longer it become more addicitive

Your knees are breaking a bit early but otherwise you're good, especially for a beginner

Not if you're adding in the rest of your body on other days

>I'm thinking biting your nails as well as the skin around them
No, that's keratin, that protein is already dead
>and ejaculating
Barely, if you're worrying about this level of detail instead of eating another gram or two of protein you're batshit retarded anyway.

>Any other?
Not eating enough

>Is there a reason no to do low intensity cardio as much as you can? Lets say I'm a neet and can go for a 3 hour walks two times a day, would it be beneficial to weight loss? Would it still be unhealthy to lose more then 2 pounds a week this way?
For weight loss, no. For weight gain and muscle growth- at a point. The only thing to consider is that any work- cardio or resistance or etc will make you hungrier. So long as you're staying within your macros it's fine.

>I've heard two different techniques regarding form. I've head to keep my elbows above my wrists and I've also head that I need to keep my wrists above my elbows. Which is it?
Both for different functions. For rhomboid/scapula you want to pull into a double bicep (youtube omar isluf has a good video on this).

>Also, regarding benchpress form, can I tighten my back too much?
Pinch until you feel your chest activate/push forward, no more or less.

Probably the big compounds. and as many isolations as you can fit in once a week

Good body and is well trained, but he comes across like a little manchild and talks like a fool.

Whichever you prefer. I spent a bunch of time trying out all the different times and

Morning pros:
>Less people
>More of a "just do it" mindset/vibe, less bullshit

Evening pros:
>Not going to spend the entire day rekt from a big workout
>Usually more energy in your body and muscles

I mix the best of both and go before or after lunch.

I haven't been here since April.
Please show me the newest memes.

Your routine

Does joga help with training, stretching etc? I heard that doing joga helps your muscles and makes them more visable.

it's 5/3/1 not new and not a meme either

DNP.

>What is your opinion on lifting weights while fasted?
While fasted is fine. While building muscle is retarded.

If it fits your macros it's fine.

Smith is bad for most things but particularly squats and deadlift, but like the other guy said, better than nothing. Also look into goblet squats and other dumbbell/bb squats.

>Anyone experienced this, if so, how did you fix it?
You don't, you see a doctor like a normal person and find out what it is.

>When cutting Is there any point in doing a program like SS, SL or anything high weight low rep? I figure my lifts arent gonna go up significantly while on a deficit.
They're good for maintaining muscle mass.

>The routine would be compounds and accessory work all in the range of 3x10-15. I would also do some cardio.
>After 1-2months id switch to a proper routine for gaining muscle.
>Thoughts?

If you haven't lifted for 2 years it seems retarded not to target strength. Whatever gets you in the gym though.

Probably from poor conditioning. Keep going at a lighter weight/intensity and see if it continues.

Read the sticky

Eating more veg helps as it adds fibre and other stuff. Fibre isn't what's causing it, it's the breakdown in the intestines, not the stomach.
More water too.

Slightly less on days you don't lift, but your body builds muscle for more than 24 hours after a session, so yes.

>does ab wheel work lower back?
Obviously, core and lower back

>my last session i had more pressure in my back then in my stomach.
>what would even do that?
Poor form and lack of strength.
Your abs aren't strong enough or your back isn't tight enough when you're rolling.

youtube.com/watch?v=TFIaKrlY-tk

I'm currently doing the below routine. Should I add some more upper body work, or am I doing enough? Also, I was considering adding lateral raises/Lu raises, should I?

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

A
Squats 3x5
OHP 5x5
Deadlifts 1x5
Chin ups 5x5

B
Squats 3x5
Pendlay rows 5x5
Weighted Dips 5x5
Facepulls 4x8

Do grip width matter on squats?
I like it narrow, just a bit wider than shoulders but people recommend bench width

professional help
seriously
if you're talking about losing a lot of fat, like 50-60 lbs or more, a little professional input on your nutrition rather than generic stuff from anons is much better
also, such weight loss can result and be sustained only by your decisions and mindset, not by calories or cardio, so weight loss counseling is very, very useful. you should seriously do a couple of sessions with a pro, not weight watchers or any of those programs but just a couple meeting with a professional who specializes in this. you are here and asking so you have a great start, you know you've got to do something and you're looking for guidance. get it from an expert.

not going to make it

will lifting natty get me somewhere close to bearmode if I eat a lot?

Lat pull downs

1/2/3/4 gives a reasonable ratio for OHP and chest etc, but is there a similar ratio or range you'd reco for lat pull downs?

What is Veeky Forums's opinion on quinoa?

Nope. It's the basis of a Push-Pull-Legs routine. Check out any PPL writeup to get an idea.

IF

>Do grip width matter on squats?
Not really. How wide your grip is on squats depends almost entirely on the proportions of your body (longer arms = wider grip). Grab the bar where ever feels comfortable.

>will lifting natty get me somewhere close to bearmode if I eat a lot?
yes. it'll take years though.

>What is Veeky Forums's opinion on quinoa?
it's definitely good for you. apparently americans eating qunoa has raised the price so much that that south americans are having trouble affording it though, so you'll be healthy but also an asshole.

My doctor has banned me from lifting indefinitely until she gives the all clear for some physical issues I'm having.
How do I keep motivated bros? I don't know how long this will go for.

What would be an ideal bodyfat percentage for early strength gains?
I'm 188cm 80kg 15.7% bodyfat and have been lifting for about 6 months now.

Today I saw a grill sway her hips forward at the top of her squats and it looked really awkward. Why exactly is that bad form, I'm guessing it can hurt her lower back?

Girl kept smiling at me in the gym today

She works hard, constantly see her benching, curling, all that jazz, has an ass of a goddess (dem Slav genetics)

I already stalked her on Facebook, she seems to be into guys like I

Should I ask her out for a coffee? I'm not at my goal body yet (swole af by normie standards, but she ain't no normie), and I don't have a drivers license until March

I'm autismal. Pls help

Smoke cigarettes, OP. Seriously, great stop-snacking aid

Does anyone have that anti vegan copy pasta that links some studies?

help guys fast plox

I never lifted the autism away

Yohimbine, ECA stack or bolth?
Why?