/plg/ - powerlifting general

Welcome to /plg/ - Puppy lovers general.
Primarily for the purpose of becoming a better athlete on the platform, but all forms of strength training accepted!

>train hard edition

Post progress, PR's, meet videos, schmexy lifts, or anything strength training related!
Powerliftinggeneral.com

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NUdKocJ2GnpjFXei-N_doL7NM6aT-LwulkS8LQwGEk/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing
scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
youtu.be/7r6lRgU2ceI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tall_poppy_syndrome
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First.

are there any good mobility/streches/strength exercises i can do everyday to fix my weak wrist/forearms/elbows?

i work as a programmer 8hrs a day, play guitar & piano, and powerlift

i feel like my arms never get any rest, or any love for that matter. they're constantly aching or hurting, or getting injured. just writing this hurts my wrists a tiny bit

i don't want to quit any of these activies, help plz

Is Tamoxifen or aromatase inhibitor alone (without steroids) effective for cutting fat?

You're in the wrong place.

Isley pls

pic related is how I feel

Get to /fraud/ with the rest of the roideroos you degenerate cuck.

:^)

gym owner offered me free membership as long as i keep hitting PR's every month.

i declined because he said he wanted to record my lifts for his youtube.

Good.

>getting paid 20dollar/month to be a bait for landwhales

So what do you cucks run?
test + deca I assume?

- Finn

no no you misunderstood. I wrote train hard, not tren hard.

Sheiko Programs:

>Beginner (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing

>Intermediate Small Load (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing

>Intermediate Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing

>Intermediate Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing

>Advanced Small Load (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NUdKocJ2GnpjFXei-N_doL7NM6aT-LwulkS8LQwGEk/edit?usp=sharing

>Advanced Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing

>Advanced Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing

i wanna fill you with my advanced large load

ayy

Ahhh

Does /plg/ back Sheiko above other programmes in general?

>TFW Isley is rubbing off on you
He would be so proud to see this

Context.

it's literally just trappy forcing the memeko meme

Because substances?
Or because cutting fat?

As for the latter, I gain muscles easily but I can't lose fat without losing muscle gains. I don't want a sixpack, I just don't want to become obese. Do I want too much?

Why is it always the fags that suck up to others?

i can't find any good anime or tv shows to get into again

That is the shittest tattoo I've seen since Eddie hall got the Chinese symbols for strength on one pec and its meaningless mirror image on the other.

Welcome to the NHK and Kimi no Na wa. are all I can recommend.
Better if you watch them with someone.

You have friends don't you, user?

repostin cause I'm mad

>at gym
>in bathroom, washing hands
>go to throw away paper towel
>right on top of the garbage is a paper towel with a cum load on it
>at
>the
>gym
Marines are disgusting

>deads to knees took 15 minutes
Now onto bench. I swear the longest part is just waiting for a free rack.

>What is lean bulking

Lazy son of a biiiish. Also, are you fat now?

I've been in situations where I've been tempted to Jack off in a public bathroom because I couldn't hold it in any longer

Being a high test alpha male is hard

>You have friends don't you, user?
lol no, i can't find anyone who lifts and who isn't a dickhead douche

>Welcome to the NHK
yeah i watched this, i couldn't get into it lol

>Can't lose fat without also losing muscle
Congratulations, you are no longer an absolute noob/are like the rest of the human population.

>at gym
>in bathroom, washing hands
>go to toss my used up towel to be washed
>right on top of the hamper is a towel with a cum load on it
>at
>my
>home
>gym
I then decided to fap again. Home gym truly is master race.

I don't believe in short cuts. If I had to work from fatty borderline alcoholic to lean (soon) and big without help then other people should do it too.

24%. With wrong fat distribution pattern (stomach rather than ass). This is my personal upper acceptable limit. I'm okay with it if it doesn't expand further. But I know it will. I would be okay with as much as 30% if it was ass fat, not stomach fat.

Nothing lazy about dirty bulking when lean bulking simply doesn't happen.

Watch again with dubs

I've watched so much shitty anime and its the only one that ever stuck out as memorable to me.

>Being a high test alpha male is hard
Unrelatable t b h

anyone else sick of the grind?

I just need to remind myself its everyone and not just me...

That's a good attitude to have

Are you even looking at your calories if it bothers you that much?

Thanks. I don't think chemical enhancement is anything wrong if not executed mindlessly and gratuitously.

I hate how medical establishment is quick to prescribe people catabolic steroids (cortisol) for various ailments but demonise anabolic steroids (which can often treat these same ailments BTW). Christian sadomasochism and hypocrisy.

Reducing calories simply reduces my muscle gains alongside fat loss. It's like rolling back in time, wasted effort.

Perhaps just ride maintenance calories then and recomp? Or are you past that as well?

Does anyone have the pictures of the phat bottom Asian QT from worlds? (I think it was world's)

The one with Brett vs hack

Webm slightly related
>girls and traps take note of a real wiafu

If you're super autistic about your intake and you don't cut too hard, you can actually gain some muscle, or at least barely lose lean mass, assuming you're not too advanced, which you most likely aren't. Jesus cut while on TM and gained like 1-2 lbs of muscle, DEXA confirmed.

>I don't believe in short cuts.
Following your logic, people with natural high testosterone should take anti-androgens to avoid "shortcuts". With all respect, I don't think so. I think training against unfavourable endocrine environment is masochistic, irrational, counterproductive and unnecessary.

I will consider this. Details, please?

I would need to spend two months in some controlled environment like a training camp to achieve truly autistic level of calorie control. There is no way I can accomplish such precision at home.

>Buy ingredients
>Make own food
>Weigh food before it goes into your mouth
>Put in app like MyFitnessPal or spreadsheet program like Excel
>????????
>Profit

That's a bit of a leap in the dark really, if you're born with a natural advantage then that's not a short cut. Thats just an advantage.

I don't encourage short cuts but I haven't been training long enough to face the wall you may be approaching. I just hope that you know it's the right decision for you before you make it.

I see your Kanae and raise you Fil

The thicc commentator chick? Bethena or w/e?

Have a play with this: scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Set it to gain muscle lose fat.

>Make own food
This is where I systematically fail. I make inedible food.
My rice is inedible, my burgers are inedible, my Irish stew is inedible.
And no one wants to teach me cooking face-to-face.

The worst trips are online

Literally worse than a dead thread

Hey, I dropped my trip code.
Does it make you feel better?
t. Kortneyfag :^)

I wasn't talking about you

- finn

>scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
Nice link, thanks.

Also what did you mean by "recomp"?

Recomposition is where you take one year off lifting to allow all your cells to be replaced which rids of any injuries as you are fully replenished.

Cheffag here, worked in kitchens for 6 years, ask me anything

do they really spit in your food if you're a dickhead?

Why did you always forget to take off the gherkins

Where you don't change weight much, but increase lean mass. It's a slower route than cutting where you train at maintenance calories. If you find you lose weight too quickly and start to stall increase the calories by 200. It's hard to accurately determine activity level when calculating your base calorie requirements.

Talking about cooking doesn't work for me. I need hands-on guidance. I need to share a flat with someone who lifts and cooks well (ideally a big strong woman with big testicles).

I think you mean 'obese' if we're thinking of the same person

>It's hard to accurately determine activity level when calculating your base calorie requirements.

Not a grind for me. I switch things up if.I get too bored. Always making gains and setting PRs in something

Am i wrong in thinking it's to do with fat and muscle then?

I didn't, I'm hyper sanitary, but you'd be surprised how gross some chefs are.
I make the exact same meal for 9 hours straight, then YOU come into MY HOUSE and tell me to change it?
"Do a set of 15 squats but on the 14 one pause halfway up"
Yeah right

Well you could easily underestimate if you're training really hard I dunno.

stop

recomp is when you eat at maintenance to lower your body fat percentage by gaining muscle

Deciding not to learn isn't the same thing as not being able to, but suit yourself

>just realized I didn't put on a belt for deadlifts to knees
WTF how did I not notice

i wish this was a thing so much
i would love to have an injury free start over

>tfw when you doubt yourself even when u rite

>recomposition as abstinence from lifting
Interesting, thanks.

I'm skeptical about my capacity to accomplish any recomposition on maintenance calorie level. I fear I will just stall. Maybe not, but that's a real possibility that needs to be taken into account.

>If you're born with a natural advantage then that's not a short cut. Thats just an advantage.
So what about hypogonadal men, in whom deficient testosterone makes lean gains outright impossible? Should they passively accept their condition and lift in vain? Why should they even lift?

Is therapy for hypogonadism a "shortcut"? It's not... but who decides which level of testosterone is "legitimate" for HRT? There's no objective level here, it's all human judgement. A philosopher could argue that "hypogonadism" is relative, everyone is born with testosterone deficit, as there's no such thing as "too strong".

try harder

U one of those fuckers who read a sentence and then stop.

Please reread everything and reconsider your response and you will find I have answered your concerns already. Just fucking try harder and don't eat like a you're a dustbin.

I never said a medical condition shouldn't be treated so you're not sick from having messed up hormones.

Is this you though or are you a lazy faggot with love handles?

My shangri-la has gone away,
Faded like the Beatles on Hey Jude...

Except hypogonadism is objectively a disease and causes other malfunctions that aren't just not being strong/being able to lift more. The levels that are below the average threshold are those that should be treated, statistical normality of the reference class is used to determine whether something is dysfunctional or not.

>WTF how did I not notice
"They don't call me Fat Retard for nothing."

Touche. Put it on for the top sets of normal deads, getting a bit too much without it.

youtu.be/7r6lRgU2ceI

Ultimate comfy

Can I keep dis Zen husky?

If you let people decide which testosterone level is "a medical condition" based on their liking, your argument against anabolic steroids becomes circular logic. Who is to say that normal testosterone level isn't "a medical condition"? Do you equate normality with health? Dying is normal too.

>hypogonadism is objectively a disease
By this logic, almost all women are ill because they have testosterone levels that objectively impair their capacity for male sexual function (speaking objectively, i.e. without gender prejudice).

>Statistical normality of the reference class is used to determine whether something is dysfunctional or not.
People still falling for this fallacy... in 2017... This is why we can't into space 50 years after the Apollo programme.

Your "normality" is malleable depending on the reference class of choice. Abnormal becomes normal depending on the whim of the authority. According to your logic, Superman is ill because he is statistical outlier, and dying is healthy because it's statistically normal. Your norms speak more about you and your dogmas than about reality.

>Women's test levels are impaired because they're not the same as the average man
That's not how that works, at all. If you aren't baiting, both sexes have their own average testosterone levels. That point was genuinely something so stupid I don't think I could match it in its stupidity.

>Superman is ill because he is a statistical outlier
No, the key point is that normal functioning is impaired, which I did admittedly not make very clear in the previous post. If someone was super fit or has excellent cardiovascular ability, it doesn't make them necessarily ill because this isn't impairing their function.

Sounds like some existentialist bullshit justification for taking steroids desu.

Why don't you stop getting all philosophical to try and justify it to strangers and stand by your short cut and fuck what we think?

Talk to me about training, plg. What are your current gaols (long- and short-term)? What are you doing to reach them?

450-470/365/550-570 by the end of the year. Running (and inflating) DA SHEIKO (to RPE 10 :^) )

i stick my finger up my bum and pretend i'm esmeralda

If you can't even cut on a maintenance while on ROIDS you're literally a genetic failure lmao
0/10 would not let spot.

>Statistical normality of the reference class is used to determine whether something is dysfunctional or not.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tall_poppy_syndrome

Health profession is holding back human development. If you want an example of a stupid doctor, only look at Ben Carson. I can't believe how stupid doctors are.

>baiting
It's called having an open mind. I know it's alien to Veeky Forums.

>both sexes have their own average testosterone levels
If dividing people into arbitrary population clusters that match your prejudice is acceptable, then I'm free to say that I have my own singular testosterone level which shouldn't be compared to other men. Or, please, put me in the same cluster as HYPERGONADAL men where my present testosterone level is statistically subnormal. Why do you want me to aim low? You're just trying to cuck me (and yourself).

What if I demonstrate that your strength is statistically abnormal? (Which likely is.) Will you cut your strength to fit the norm?

I haven't roided YET.

>finger
>pretend i'm esmeralda
You need a lot more than just a finger and one hole in order to even come close

trip on isley

hi is this the powercucking general

Eeehhhh

Could argue but eeehhh

I wish I was Isley
Or even if he was inside me just a little bit

>Stupid doctors
I never said doctors weren't stupid. Just because someone got through med school, it doesn't make them intelligent, although just because someone is stupid, it doesn't necessarily make them a bad doctor.

>Dividing people into groups of 1 or groups of solely dysfunctional people
Literally not how that grouping works, at all. Randomly selected populations of people tend towards a normal distribution once the population reaches 30 (or higher) and there are all sorts of statistical tests and protocols to attempt to ensure such ridiculous groupings don't exist, or at the least, are caught. You're either strawmanning and don't realize, or you're baiting me hard as fuck, which I must admit has been very successful.

>Will you cut your strength
Like I said, if it doesn't cause dysfunction despite not being the norm, I.e. heart rate is lower than average, someone is faster than someone else, then that person is healthy. And with that last part, I'm almost 100% certain that you've been baiting this whole time.