What are your thoughts on Joe rogan?

What are your thoughts on Joe rogan?

I think his nutritional beliefs are mostly shit. He goad on about how carbs are bad for you and never seems to be objective about it.

Plus he shills fucking butter coffee and his supplement company.

I was cringing through his podcast with Gary Taubes

Other urls found in this thread:

ustream.tv/recorded/13234487
youtube.com/watch?v=L6nMtVxLVa8
youtube.com/watch?v=22GjkJw0WXk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

smug manlet

He can be retarded but he's pretty laid back and just looking for a good conversation really. Nothing wrong with him being wrong if it stimulates discussion, which he's always open to.

His dude weed lmao bullshit though gets old fast

I like him, I just wish he'd admit using roids and HGH.

He's a massive advocate for them, and says for any man to age properly they should do TRT, but always falls short of saying he does it himself, which he obviously does.

He's an ignoramus. Not just when it comes to nutrition, either. He's incredibly ignorant about the world in terms of science, history, politics, government. He's basically what you'd expect him to be based on the fact that he's a college drop out who takes lots of drugs and has brain damage from kickboxing.

One of the worst things about him is his Napoleonic rage; he's a very angry little guy and this is evinced by his need to show people that he knows more than they do. He can't stand it when someone like Bryan Callen or Brendan Schaub contradict him on anything, even when he's clearly wrong. This is the guy who said unironically "Ronda Rousey is not just once in a lifetime; she's once ever" and "Ronda is the greatest mixed martial artist of all time by a wide margin. It's not even close. There's Ronda and then there's everyone else."

When a guest knows more than him about something--hardly a rare occurrence--he'll forcefully steer the conversation back to an area where he believes himself to be an expert. For instance, when Gad Saad showed off his education a little too much by giving a professorial lecture on various subjects (read: showing Joe up on his own show), Joe responded by insulting Gad's physique and then going off on a tangent about how Gad needs to keto, bro. It was all very cringe inducing.

He has admitted to using both on the JRE multiple times. Here's a clip of JRE episode no. 88.

"Now I take human growth hormone and testosterone...It does wonders for your body..."

24:15

ustream.tv/recorded/13234487

>He can't stand it when someone like Bryan Callen or Brendan Schaub contradict him on anything

Callen and Schaub are fucking retard yes-men and are nearly always wrong. Joe can correct them because he is pretty much THE authority in MMA, which is what they nearly exclusively talk about.

>This is the guy who said unironically "Ronda Rousey is not just once in a lifetime; she's once ever" and "Ronda is the greatest mixed martial artist of all time by a wide margin. It's not even close. There's Ronda and then there's everyone else."

And that's how plenty of people felt in terms of her ground game, which truly is sensational. Also, don't forget it's literally his job to hype fighters.

>When a guest knows more than him about something--hardly a rare occurrence--he'll forcefully steer the conversation back to an area where he believes himself to be an expert

Joe prefaces almost everything with an "I'm not an expert, but this is what I think...". Listen to his podcast with Dr. Rhona Patrick, he is eager to learn and take in as much information as she can give.

I get that he can be annoying and condescending as fuck at times, but you're taking the most cynical possible approach about him.

well no because
*brings the mic closer*
every 10 years your cells in your body actually completely change.
i was reading this article about how DMT can actually advance this process into only taking 6 years because your pineal gland- jaimie could you get that article up? yeah but its because your pineal glands can actually make your cells rejuvenate faster ... here we go
*looks over at the screen*
look at that ...
yeah that chimp must be what? 400 pounds? jesus those things will tear you to shreds

*clears throat*
*clears throat again five seconds later*
Cough button, not even once.

>Well read
>Good listener
>Awesome podcast
>Can protect you

He's a top-tier husbando.

man let

joe rogan fan boys: idiot teenagers or man children

Rogan is life

youtube.com/watch?v=L6nMtVxLVa8

he has been open about it for a long time

he's all right by me. A lot of times he's just challenging people to stimulate discussion. He does talk out of his ass a lot though and says a lot of dumb shit, but most of the time he's talking reason with common sense and with an open mind.

All in all, it's still background noise when i work

He's pretty much retarded except his great knowledge of jujitsu and TKD

He does good technical commentary because of his jujitsu, bar riding dicking riding of Ronda

I wouldn't listen to him outside of mma because he's pretty much delusional

I like when he talks with Joey Diaz.

Great stories.

>There's Ronda and then there's everyone else."

That was taken from an older interview when Nunes was nowhere in anyone's radar

He's full of shit a lot of the time and he basically just repeats or riff offs what other smart people tell him. At the same time he has interesting guests and has gotten pretty good at what he does, talk to people. I like when he has comedians over and some of the intellectuals he has on as well. He also knows a lot about mma (and yeah, he has opinions on that that not everyone agrees with but so what). Anytime it gets to nutritional stuff or 'motivational' shit, I turn it off though.

That podcast got rid of my bias of him just being a dick if he doesn't know something he was really engaging to learn more it was pretty cool. Also she's not that hot but fuck she's my waifu now.

I like Joe.

He definitely talks out his ass sometimes, but who doesn't and at least he prefaces a lot of what he says and repeats.

He has a wide breadth of knowledge in a number of areas, but not necessarily much depth in topics outside of MMA and related subjects. Nothing really wrong with that though, that's what guests are for.

I believe the main issue people have with Joe is his approach to topics. Online everyone has a "holier than thou" approach to a subject they are interested in and anyone who approaches said subject differently is seen as a retard. Go on Veeky Forums and see for your self.

I like the podcast for its entertainment value and what kind of things are discussed that I can look into more in depth later. It's great for that but by no means is it meant to be an authority on anything.

Someone post the rogan copypasta

Doesnt he take a fuck ton of fish oil too?

I went off Joe for a year after listening to JRE since it started. The Jordan Peterson and Jon Jones ep's have got me back in though.

The shows he did with Milo, Mcinnes and Molyneux made me realise it's not worth listening to him speak to anyone slightly less centric/left than him. Or anyone religious. It's just painful.

JUST

This one?

Well I just listened the first hour of the recent one with Rhonda Patrick and they legitimately talked for an entire hour on a chemical compound found primarily in broccoli sprouts cures/prevents every illness known to man so...

Also, what this user said about the weed.

I think back when Neil Tyson was on the show the first time they had a conversation about the health and medicinal uses for marijuana and he just started spouting ludicrous claims such as:
>pot has never been proven to impair memory and brain function.
>children with epilepsy should be given THC and CBD orally

What are you talking about hes been open about it.

I had a crush on her just from the podcasts until I saw her face

> no "look at the hog on that thing"

hes alright
the way he guides conversations are pretty questionable sometimes

his guests are generally interesting though and he shits out podcasts multiple times a week

He's said it so many times, lmao.

THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER TO PLUG IN YOUR BLENDERS, HEAT UP YOUR FLOTATION TANKS TO SKIN TEMP (35.5*C)

THE WEED HAS BEEN LIT AND IT'S TIME TO SLAM YOUR KALE SHAKES, TAKE A TOKE & MARK OFF YOUR CHECKLIST

TO POP YOUR:

ALPHA BRAIN
SHROOMTECH
KRILL & MCT OIL
PRIMATE CARE PILLS

youtube.com/watch?v=22GjkJw0WXk YOUR FEAR FACTOR THEME SONG ALARM BLASTS THROUGH YOUR HOUSE

>YOU INSTINCTIVELY JUMP INTO YOUR HOMEMADE OCTAGON, FITTED WITH BATTLE-ROPES AND A "WRECKING BALL" STYLE CHIMP KETTLEBELL ACTION COURSE

>AFTER YOUR INTENSE WORKOUT YOU CALL OVER BRIAN REDBAN USING TING BEFORE GETTING INTO YOUR ISOLATION SENSORY DEPRIVATION FLOTATION TANK AND PACKING YOUR MOUTH TO THE BRIM WITH POT BROWNIES FOLLOWED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS BY COCONUT WATER ENEMAS JUST AS THE DMT KICKS IN AS YOU LISTEN TO DUNCAN TRUSSEL AND GRAHAM HANCOCK HYPOTHESIZE THAT THE PYRAMIDS = ALIENS AND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT IS HIDDEN IN UGANDA

DUDE BOOOOM LMAO

DUDE KETTLEBELLS LITERALLY ENCRUSTED WITH WEED AND DUNKED IN MCT OIL AND THROWN OFF BUILDINGS FEAR FACTOR STYLE

>"BRENDAN SCHAUB JUST END IT ALL, I THINK YOU ARE A WORTHLESS FIGHTER AND I HATE YOU, BUT COME BACK ON THE PODCAST SO I CAN BLOW YOU THE FUCK OUT OF THE WATER AGAIN AND REDUCE YOU TO TEARS"

>"BRENDAN "FRASER" "FUCK MY SHIT UP" SCHAUB, JUST TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT. YOUR CAREER IS OVER. IT'S TIME FOR THE SMITH AND WESSON RETIREMENT PLAN"

- Joe Rogan, 2015

>YOU ARE NOW PICTURING JOE ROGAN NAKED IN A FLOTATION TANK WITH A MOUTH FULL OF POT BROWNIES TRIPPING

Brought to you by SquareSpace©