3 weeks into SS

just failed 70kg squat

should i just kill myself?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g2tyOLvArw0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yeah, let real lifters use the racks

Weakness of body is permissible. Weakness of conviction is not. Keep trying, you will get stronger.

Canadian here not sure what 70kgs is in retard units but I started squating exactly three weeks ago and I could only squat 90 pounds for 10 reps for 4 sets. Last week I squated 140x10x4
And this week I did 150x10 160x10 170x8 and 180x2
Keep in mind I started so light cause I didn't want to 1/2 rep. I go right down till the back of my cavs and almost ankle touch my butt. It just takes time

A few months ago I could hardly squat 85lbs
But I hit 2pl8 squat today.
You gotta just keep going.

This.

Canadian again
This is my 170. Did 8 pause reps

Yeah, just keep going, you'll get stronger breh.

Those are some good looking gloves.
But why gloves?

>gloves
>pad
>carpet
>using rack backwards

lol, wtf

Haha that's funny you caught that. Force of habit I always use gloves when I workout I know people say real men don't but I hate calluses. And as for the funny glove they are great for grip and the long glove means I can have wrist straps and or lifting straps without digging into my wrists

Eat more

That pussy pad tho

So I should rip out my my carpet? Also 1000× more comfortable then you can imagine I have some foam interlocking pads I put under for deadlifts and if I'm doing something I might need to drop weights

I've tried without but I don't have the traps and otherwise I get migraine for some reason after so pussy pad or else

You want to squat and deadlift on as hard a surface as possible. When you have cushion of any kind it compresses and you lose energy transfer to the bar, which means it's harder for you to lift and you might have uneven footing.

No other choice even if I wanted to.also didn't know that.but I can see what you mean. Maybe I should think about bidding a small wooden pad or something to stand on

You know you can buy things to place over the carpet to have a hard surface over the carpet.
But ya know, do whatever you wanna do.

My girlfriend squats more than that

letting a cold ass metal bar dig into your skin will probably negatively affect gains

>dat pulley system

shit dawg, you might as well couple your workout with some form of construction project

btw, nice little set up there. I wish i was as comfortable as you

>letting a cold ass metal bar dig into your skin will probably negatively affect gains
Think about what you just typed and go sit in the corner.

>don't like calluses
>afraid of wrist straps 'digging into wrists'
>pussy pad
pansy

>Haha that's funny you caught that. Force of habit I always use gloves when I workout I know people say real men don't but I hate calluses. And as for the funny glove they are great for grip and the long glove means I can have wrist straps and or lifting straps without digging into my wrists
I once tried gloves but they never really survived deadlifts, and back then I only DL'd lmao3plaet.

I fixed my grip and I find I have fewer callouses than most other dudes who don't even lift, even though I do sets of 5 at 405 lbs now.

Trips don't lie must be true but Im just doing my thing don't like to hurt myself anymore then I have to even if it goes against most gym etiquette

Did you fucking build that? If so, fucking nice.

fucking beautiful gym setup

Nah you're good user, don't listen to these idiots who preach dumb shit like "LOL UR NOT A REAL MAN IF U DONT LET THE BAR DIG INTO UR UPPER BACK AND CAUSE THE SKIN TO KERATINIZE OVER TIME BECAUSE MANLY MAN!!!:DDDDD", I personally don't use a pad but these idiots know no good. Very nice gym setup by the way.

This is my third week on SS and can lift 54kg on squat. You're fine pussy

anyone bashing gloves is an idiot. I wear gloves and still get calluses. They don't help with grip. The only reason I wear them is so I don't wear aids.

Enjoy your aids even though your a virgin.

>3 weeks into ss
>can only do 30kg

started at the bar

Thanks
And I did before I bought the cable/pulley machine I was bored and rigged it up. It's pretty ghetto but it's fucking strong and I can get an over head pull down that I can't quite get with the cable machine

That's literally following the progression though. Nothing wrong with it mate.

Think of it this way, if you keep at it by the end of the year you'll be able to squat over 3 plates.

"Give me a pulley and a place to stand and I shall move the earth." - Archimedes.

I don't use gloves but I got real bad tendinitis, so I use these straps around my wrist to keep them from bending too much and putting stress on the tendon, causing pain.

Also helps me stay in good form, holding the bar nice and straight.

4th day of SS as a skelly
95 diddly
85 squat
65 bench
45 OHP
feels alright

HOW MUCH IS 1 PLATE IN KG?

Well, most American's I've known consider 1pl8 to be 45 lbs. That's 20.4117 KG.

20.4 kgs = 45 lbs

Thanks.

1 plate is 20kg
lifting lmao1pl8 means 60kg

Great depth but that fucking pussypad. Learn to lift without it and you'll do better.

How do you deal with the weights swinging? Do you have any kind of stabilisation for them?

you are facing the wrong way

I have a hard time believing that you are going beyond parallel. I made the same mistake my first few months until I started recording myself.

That confused me too.

It sits straight down and because of the long cable length from the ceiling to floor it had zero swing unless you fucking go store shit it can get a tiny swing and if you time it you can get it to grow in swing. But normal use ìs amazing.
Only complaint is you can only pull down what you weigh cause I don't have a seat that can lock me down. You can put a plate on your lap but hard to sit down with it and try and reach the bar

He's saving money on buying a form mirror by using his big ass monitor, isn't that obvious?

i dunno tv is there and a mirror to watch my form does it really matter?

lmao gotta mire the dedication I guess

yes it does
once you start getting to higher weights its much safer to rack the bar by going forward

>gloves
>pussy pad
>using rack backwards
Do you wear a squat plug too?

Do you not? Does your gym not provide them?

Post your home gym for us user.

ok there is aparently still alot i need to learn, but i mean i do have the safteys on incase i were to fail but something ill take in mind for sure

>you will never have enough career stability to settle down in one area and buy a home and fill it with a comfy basement gym

1 plate in lbs = 1 plate in kgs

Lmao do people fucking do that. I tried to Google wtf a squat plug was and my best guess is what it sounds like. I guess have a few things that people don't do but that's because in just chillin at home with nobody to tell me what's what. Self taught gym etiquette lol

Was origionally going ATG. Got concerned about losing tension in lower back. So now I go just below parallel.

I Think I was initially really weak due to skeleton mode.

what do you mean? i started my own company 9 years ago and work maybe 10 hours a week, and i own my place and have no intention of leaving for itlest another 30-40 years, i have alot of free time on my hands thats why i figured id invest so much into my home gym

His point was that he doesn't have those things.

oh haha shit sorry bro,

Seeing that you're on Veeky Forums I wouldn't be surprised if your girlfriend has a cock
>it's ok it still isn't gay

>

>50% improvement in just 3 weeks
keep up the good work user

you're gonna make it my man. You're definitely gonna make it

Yes

deffo do that, get a hard wooden platform or something. it's the same reason why you should never weigh yourself on anything other than tile, hardwood, etc. The soft cushion absorbs some of the energy transferred to the scale and thinks you weigh less as a result.

What kind of company?

Sorry bro no penis

Any woman who dress like that deserves to be raped

Bros...I think this guy actually made it.

t. Muhammad bin Abdulaziz ibn Hani al Tughj al-Ikhshid

Should I start using that? I feel like my back can't take the squats as well as my legs can.

youtube.com/watch?v=g2tyOLvArw0

That's a form issue. Pussy pad just stops the top of your spine/shoulders from mild discomfort and bruising