I just got a membership to Planet Fitness. AMA

I just got a membership to Planet Fitness. AMA

How ya doin?

What do you think happens when we die, user?

How are the donuts? you fat shit.

Pretty good. You?

We rot in the ground and become one with nature by turning back into our original carbon forms

i quit eating doughnuts a few months ago, and I'm not fat at all. 150 lbs to be exact

I'm actually thinking of joining one too cause it's cheap.

Do they have squat racks? How heavy do their dumbbells get?

I just realized yesterday that your brain doesn't die all at once when you die, and that potentially the part of you that regulates time perception could act up and malfunction during death. All it'd take is one brief instance of error and you could have to endure the complete loneliness and nothingness of death for what could feel like a dozen years. Just one extremely small moment in which your time perception is thrown off like that and that could be your fate for a hundred perceived years

>Pretty good. You?

Everything's coming up roses, buddy.

you have to squat in a smith machine

i think they get up to like 75

not op but the one i have is a new one thats really nice so id expect it to have everything. it has no squat racks. only like 4 smiths. it has 3-4 benches and dumbbells that only go up to 60lbs. if u wanna go there for cardio/tanning/the hydrobed/ or fucking around on machines, id recommend it. anyhting else id look elsewhere.

I used to go to a YMCA. Think 200X better.

That's awesome. Stay awesome, friend.

Is the lunk alarm real or a meme?

where i'm at, it's real, but its never used

it got set off on me when i was "dropping the weights" in a smith machine

What did they do? Just tell you to knock it off?

warn me. thats it

you must have gone to a pretty shitty YMCA for a PF to be better than it.

Yeah. I live near the one in Hendersonville, NC.

Things it has:
>shitty weights
>shitty machines
>4 treadmills
>2 ellipticals
>manual bench press
>2 cycles
>outdoor tennis court
>basketball gym
>pool
>sauna
>hot tub

that's about it. compared to the Y, PF is god-tier.

another PF bro here OP, the PF is shit is just a meme. Check out the hydro massage its the shit and it replaces using a foam roller.

i don't have a black card

That's retarded. You're implying that the human brain is powerful enough to think at that rate

how big is your clit?

>outdoor tennis court
>basketball gym
>pool
>sauna
>hot tub
is this what us gyms are like to be considered bad?
my gym only has a load of machines, 2 squat racks, 4 thredmills, 8 ellipticals, 2 benches and dunbells

nobody wants that extra trash we just care about good equipment for lifting heavy weight

Isn't there a story where a guy gets knocked out and during the 15 or so seconds he was knocked out he "dreamed" about having a completely different life, with kids and a wife and a new house and stuff, but when he looked at a lamp in the "dream" he realized it wasn't real and he gained consciousness and felt extremely lonely because his dream was so real. Then he killed himself.

>what are dreams
Nearly all dreams start and finish in a matter of seconds

The one near my place had no barbells. Fuck that dyel shit

>extra trash
>not going the way of zyzz and hoping into the sauna

I'm second year at uni and haven't lifted since high school. I was pretty ok then DL - 350, Squat 235, bench was horrible at 150 though. I want to go somewhere comfortable while I get back into it so I'm thinking of going here. It should be alright

None of them have barbells afaik. Dumbbells stop around 50 lbs.

Hi Leddit! I read the story too

>i think they get up to like 75
I'm weak as fuck so this actually isn't too bad.

My current routine kicks off with a OHP of 80 pounds 3x5, can I successfully replace this with dumbells?

Do they have tanning beds?

yes

Damn Planet Fitness sounds great

I bet i would have to pay more for 2 sessions here than a month of planet fitness

>squat in a smith machine

Why live?

I was fucking around on a machine and the girl was loud and set off the lunk alarm (more like hunk alarm, amirite?) so they asked us to leave. But it's OK cause I got some pizza on the way out

>tfw there are 3 ymcas in ur city
>tfw one membership gets u into all of them
>tfw u go to one for weights and one for pool and hot tub

i used to go to the one on 6th ave

Isn't that awkward as fuck having to be thrown out of a gym? Or does it happen so often there that it's not a big deal?

how much do you bros pay for your memberships?

I pay 26 bucks a month for a p good gym that isn't crowded. 3 squat racks, a hexagon thing where you can do t-bar lifts and squats, eight benches, loads of machines, about 10 treadmills and 3 row machines

nobody really checks after a while

Bullshit. You've clearly never soaked in the steam room or hot tub after a hard lift. You know when Arnold says he's cumming all the time when he's on stage? This is actually like that.

Planet Fitness sucks. I basically can only use machines there because everything good is being used. That said it's $10 a month an I've been making decent progress so I guess you get what you pay for.

my choice 10$ for a retard packed planetfitness. I couldn't stop laughing through the tour because all the memes were true

>vibrating pad, backed by science to tone ur legs and build muscle
>lunk alarm, gymtimidation
>no barbells
>db up to 60
>4 bench
>3 smith
>5000 machines
>red light green light '30 minute workout' on the clowniest assortment of machines, sweaty people running down the line to the next one

went across the street to pay 4x more for a normal fucking gym.

Except you don't rot because of the embalming.

> outing yourself as a redditfag just to call out someone else

>you have to squat in a smith machine

That's retarded and you're retarded for buying a membership there

4 benches, but no barbells?

did you get the free ham coupon?

>free ham
Nice

There is a Next Gen about that you fucking retard. Why do you even post this. I fucking hate you. Piece of shit ruining Australia Day with your shit. Cunt

>manual bench press
the fuck is a manual bench press?