aworkoutroutine.com/the-beginner-weight-training-workout-routine/
youtube.com/watch?v=38wrtAhZSM0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

235 smith
205 free
FUCKING 50 (100 cuz its two) DUMBELL REEEE

nice sips OP

What's your max sips?

That's really interesting, im at 230 smith and can do 8 reps of 50 dumbells. Gonna hit 3 reps of 60 soon bros

we talking pounds or kgs?

205 on barbell

75 lb dbs max

What's my max if I can do an 80 pound (160 lbs total) dumbbell press 12 times?

Q, why use the smith at all?

Not him but I use the smith because my gym doesnt have a free weight bench. I realize my mistake though, switching to dumbells now and doing incline dumbells too

245 BB
105s DBs

Im 105 x 10 smith machine
45lb db x 8 on dumbbell

I mainly use dumbbells and not smith machine as planet fitness is flooded this time of year and all the smith machines are used.

I usually sip coffee before gym, I only do sips on special occasions. As the kid in the video says " Look maa 0 cawhlories its good for me "

Bench max is 315
I always db bench on an incline and only ever do it after normal bench, but still work with 85-90s
I fucking hate dumbbell movements though.

240 flat bench. 75x10 incline bench. Haven't tried maxing out on incline db or doing db flat bench but I'll try it out this weekend

What's a smith machine?

Do you need to have special sips to use these?

75x10 incline db bench*
Dumbbell to barbell is about .75-.8 ratio of your barbell total

It's like a power rack but its on a cable. At my gym people mainly use it to bench, do 1 legged body weight sqauats, and shadowbox

315 bb
120 db

I personally prefer db bench, the stabilization helps elsewhere which is nice

>max dumbbell bench presses
I don't ever do these

Bench 275 for 2 reps.
Dumbbell: not sure I did 90 for 6 reps yesterday

220x4, and 100 lb db's for 6

That a joke? Pounds brah

Ausfag here. When I started reading all your posts, I was assuming kg.

Highest I've hit in bench is 500.
I prefer dumbbell bench. I do 150's.

nah

140 bb
50 db

>tfw dyel

is the ratio similar to overhead press and db press? how does seated affect it

Not really. DB and BB bench are basically the same sort of movement, while DB and BB ohp are different enough that its much more possible to get really divergent numbers.

275lbs bb flat bench

110lbs dumbbels for 220lbs db bench

Lolno. Pix

how do i make training my brain more fun like lifting weights :( im a genius but i must have the brain equivalent version of autism

This thread is fucking embarrassing
Bar 285x5
Db 105x10

170lb bench, 60 lb dumbbells for 6 reps lel

No your mistake was joining a gym that doesn't have a proper bench press.

205 1 rep bench
100 (each hand) 2 reps DB

Just started benching and I'm not transitioning well from DBs.

There's a lot of aspects of this post that make me suspicious of your self diagnosed genius.

60kg barbell
16kg db for 12reps
Been lifting for 3months

lmao are you me brah. I lift exactly 3 months too

60kg x 3/2/1 reps barbell
26kg x 6/6/6 reps db

if you can lift 60kg bench u can definetly do the 25kg each hand dumbell press try it out. Don't get stack lifting same weight for a week increase a little bit every week.

I wait till i reach 8/8/8 with a certain weight then add at least 5kg and do 5/5/5 untill i reach an 8/8/8 again to increase all over again. Try it

How about you both try SS???

wtf u talk about boi

I havent BB benched in quite some time because my spotter left for a bit and I'm too autistic to ask anyone at the gym, but last time I did it I did 62.5kg for reps of 8

While db benching I went from 25kg-30kg, gonna start BB bench again in a couple of weeks and I'm excited to see how I'll do. Hoping for 70kg, does that seem reasonable?

Anyone not dumbbell press at all or am I alone here?

strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/bench-press

you cant know if its reasonable unless u know ur bodyweight ratio to lifting. if you are 100kg and lift 70kg you fall in the beginer category while lifting 70kg at 75k bw u count as a novice

I dont right now cause im running smolov jr

STARTING STRENGTH
The reason you idiots are weak as dog shit if cause you arent following a proper routine.

no i aint weak as shit i can bench 68kg for 2 reps at least and i lift for 3 fucking months. i started at like barely lifting 50kg to take repst with almost 70kg. That shit works for me and if it works it mean im doing it right i dont care about the "SS" bullshit programs you read up, whatever works for u is the answer

>I dont right now cause im running smolov jr

How do you like it?

I should note that I've been doing a modified "beyond" 5/3/1 lately.

What the fuck are you on about? I didn't even tell you what routine I'm doing (I'm the guy with 30kg db bench)

I'm doing a beginner program with compound lifts and linear progression. Did it ever occur to you that maybe I'm simply weak because I haven't been lifting for a long time? I started mid november, pic related is my deadlift progress in kgs, I feel like I'm doing just fine

what app is that i want it

155kg 1rm

I've done 3x10 with 50kg db's in each hand

FitNotes

Pic related is my squat in kgs. Hoping to achieve double starting weight after 3 months

I know I'm not strong but I think my progress is fine so idk what that guys problem is

>"SS" bullshit programs
Explain to me why its bullshit?
>no i aint weak as shit i can bench 68kg for 2 reps
Garbage

Honestly i love it. I enjoy the huge volume. Im doing slowly. Instead of recalculating my max in the 4th week im just resting that week on push movements and simply adding 5lbs to eveything when i re-run it. Im on my 2nd cycle of it and currently in my 2nd week and its feeling super easy so it must have worked cause this is the same as the original 3rd week. If that makes sense. Benching 270 8x4 on friday.

I assumed it cause no good beginner programs include dumbells. That occurred to me. It also occurs you should stop doing whatever meme shit youre doing and either do SS or SL.

225 free
75 db (I think? I do 70 db incline so I would imagine it's higher slightly)

im pretty sure you didnt start lifting 100kg in the first month keyboard warrior so stfu judging others

I didnt say i did and im trying to help you you moron. Btw if you want someone to rub your tummy and tell you good job go to fucking redd*t you stupid weak sand nigger.

My program does not suggest using DBs for bench, I specifically said I only did that temporarily because I didn't have a spotter and that I will go back to BB soon.

I am basically doing greyskull LP, only difference being alternating between DL and squats instead of squatting twice a week and deadlifting once. Will probably swap to exactly greyskull soon. aworkoutroutine.com/the-beginner-weight-training-workout-routine/

I will never swap to squatting every session though no matter how much it bothers you. Would bore me out of my mind and fuck squatting and deadlifting the same session

Bench: 60kg max
Dumbbell: 25.5 kg per arm

I'm a beginner

your numbers are a joke unless you have some muscle imbalance/injury - which would still make the dyel joke.

we all start somewhere bruh

Incline close grip 2 plates easy for melon dolar celery baby
youtube.com/watch?v=38wrtAhZSM0

You dont need a spotter to bench you fucking mong. You only ever need a spotter if youre maxing. As I said above im benching 270 8x4 and i dont use a spotter so you dont need one. The weights youre benching are weights you can handle. If you are struggling so severely that you think you are gonna drop it on yourself then drop the weight 5lbs.
Also if you really want one stop being an autistic coward and just asks someone in the gym for help, most people are glad to help.
Also also greyskull is stupid cause it has you squatting last instead of frist.

there is a bench press machine on my gym, i can bench all the weight 3x, its 235lbs according to it,
barbell bench press is 205lbs (weight 194lbs) and i can do 60lbs for 8 reps (120lbs total) and i'm pretty dyel still :/

You sound like that one guy from gym that because he lifts he matters and call everyone a weak faggot. You sound like you come from /b/ get back in your cave

I only do dumbbell bench press. What do you guys estimate my barbell 1 rep max to be if I can dumbbell bench 170 pounds total for 6 reps.

95kg BB
30x2 = 60kg DB

I can't get the dumbbells up if they're over 30kg so I'm pretty much stuck there.

85kg bb bench 1rm

22.5kg db bench for about 6 or 7 reps

I never db bench though.

how long u lift

None of what you just said is true. Im actually trying to help you and as i said most people are friendly and will gladly spot you as would I. Youre just mad because im showing you how stupid you are.

For the last 4 months consistently. about 6 months of fuckarounditis before.

ORDER 66 YOU KYKE.
IT'S PISS
PISSENING

I don't like squatting weight I can handle without struggling on the last rep on the last set. I always go for max reps last set on bench, can't do that without a spotter.

Of course I can ask someone. Or I can just do db bench for another week until my friend comes back.

Right now I'm squatting first but the idea is that you're focusing a bit more on your upper body I guess. Call it bro workout if you will.

Bench in the power rack you mong

Benching* not squatting in the first sentence.

We only have one power rack at my gym :( not gonna steal it from the guys squatting in it just to bench.

I don't understand why people are so damn upset I'm db benching for a couple of weeks lol? Maybe if I was only ever db benching but I'm not. But even then, what's so bad with db benching? I've heard plenty of benefits with it; stops any muscle imbalance, offers a more natural ROM and needs your muscles to work extra hard to also stabilize the weight

>needs your muscles to work extra hard to also stabilize the weight
Thats actually not true. Barbell bench requires your stabilizers to work their hardest.
The only benefit DB has if preventing imbalances.
Nothing wrong with it just that when youre a beginner you should be focusing your efforts on compound movements with heavy weight.

295 for 3 reps. 100 pound dumbbells for 3 reps. 1RM is pretty useless IMO

185kg 1rm barbell

60kg dumbbells for sets of 8 or so, find them really hard because I don't do them often, so it gets a bit shaky with heavier weight.

I tried 75kg dumbbells and while I'm strong enough to press them I can't even get into position without help lmao, it's awkward.

BB bench: 110 kg x 1 (6 months ago, on madcow)
DB Bench: 40 kg x 10

>295 for 3 reps. 100 pound dumbbells for 3 reps.
Youre lying
You should very easily be able to press 100x10+ with that bb 3rm.

I've been neglecting barbell bench because I'm a bitch.

110s dumbbell for 8 reps, last I checked with barbell was like 185 for 5 reps.

For whatever reason, my shoulders give out on barbell bench. Its less of a chest exercise and more of an anterior delt exercise for me.

Goddamn, I know right?? I used to be able to bench just fine in high school, now it's an utter shit lift for me

My bad, i meant to type out dumbbell bench. Its a weird movement for me

Ah, shit. Yeah I rock at dumbbell bench. I'm I could probably hit 120s, but it's getting REALLY fucking hard just to get the damn things up now

70kg bench, 30kg dumbbells. Just kill me

Everyone has their go tos. Dumbbell flat bench isn't one of mine.

Dont know about maxs but I do 3x sets
BB 90kg x 6
DB 40kg x 8-10

Ratio is wack, for some reason i find dumbells easier, and i go deep on both

I bench 30kg each hand for 5reps on DB press but not used the bench in ages.. any guesses what I could do?
>Would be happy if i could just match it desu...

90lb db max (x2)
Bench is about 205-225 max

Could probably bb a bit more like 65-70

Actually nvm. Just went the gym and was able to do 27.5kg for 6 reps lel. Felt like my shoulders were going to snap getting into position though. That's why I hate dumbbells.

Bench 120kg
Dumbell 104 kg (2 54kgs)

I fucking hate heavy dumbell bench though. I never go over 70kg total usually

I bench 305 for 3 at the top of my pyramid.
I dumbbell bench 130s for 3 sets of 8.

Dumbell: 95s
Havent touched barbell in months but was maxing around 180.

>maxing on accessories

375lbs bench

maybe like 125-135lb dumbells, if I had to guess. Doing a 1rm on dumbells makes no sense to me.