Squat form check

High Bar @ 325lbs x 5

youtube.com/watch?v=cfKZya9q0c8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yha2XAc2qu8
youtube.com/watch?v=mmM-jR77SkY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

basketball shorts/10

Pretty good for the most part but you're pushing your knees forward a bit on the way up and that bleeds power. Focus more on driving your hips and chest up instead of focusing on using your quads and hamstrings to complete the movement

Show me a video demonstrating this

youtube.com/watch?v=yha2XAc2qu8
>inb4 >rippletits
Going into the mechanics of it squatting with hip drive loads the hamstrings like a spring, by moving the knees forward in a squat it bleeds tension however minutely. In the video you're not doing it to an insane degree, besides your 4th rep, but it's still something you can work on to be more efficient.

sugar land?

>high bar
>hip drive
"no"

this. it's literally all quads and knees

> looking up
> losing tightness in the back
> out of balance going up
Look ahead
Keep your tightness in your back by keeping your elbows pointed in the same direction throughout the lift
Doing the previous one will fix this, but just in case it doesn't, do it much slower at a lower weight and try not to tip over

>high bar doesn't have hip drive
>oly lifters don't load the hamstrings and use it to explode out
>there aren't techniques to specifically load the hamstrings when in the whole to get more of a stretch reflex
The only difference with high bar is the bar placement changing the back angle and moment arm. You're still breaking at the hips and squatting down with your hips.

lol don't listen to this guy OP. this is who is giving you advice

Hole. Not whole.

Fuck. Same point, pushing your knees forward when exiting the hole bleeds energy.

I'm not that guy. But I must say, that guy is B U I L T. What's his name again?

I am looking ahead

It looks like you're forcing your chin up. But it could be perspective. When looking ahead, I mean directly ahead. You should be looking directly at your eyes, in the mirror, the entire lift

My chin is up but I'm looking into my eyes in the mirror

well don't have your fucking chin up brah

Just keep your head completely neutral and line with your spine.

It raises confidence

Bump

This is more applicable to lowbar squatting

Sure it's more prominent with low bar, but it's still something he can improve on to make his squats more efficient.

youtube.com/watch?v=mmM-jR77SkY

yeah bro head neutral, low bar, milk all the time and a big mac too