High vs Low

Which is better for weight training?

Barefoot

>weightlifting
You mean casual gym exercising? It doesn't matter. Wear sandals if you want. Or clogs. Or glass hooker shoes.

>Squatting in glass clogs

Neither. I fell for the Chucks meme. They aren't cheap, and don't have hard flat soles. Maybe the old ones, but the new ones have thick, soft soles. Get wrestling shoes or minimalist. WL shoes if you can afford it (and squat high bar)

High tops look better for casual wear
Low cut are better for gym, but look gay

high top shoes are best for powerlifting. I think aesics does a wrestling shoe for

>squat high bar
RIP in peace sweet DYEL

I bet you bought all star II's or some shit. Instead of plain classic chucks

Newfag found, sandals might be ok with the flat soles, but your toes wont thank you. Weight lifters have worn converse for decades. My question is simple, highs or lows?

Wouldnt $8 chinese fake chucks be exactly the same?

So high plain classic chucks are the way to go? Thanks doggy

My actual walking shoes are chucks, but i take them off to do DL and Squats....
Not nasty though, I keep my socks on.

>newfag
>thinks casual gym exercising is weightlifting
I got bad news for you "newfag who needs shoe advice"

Don't even buy Chuck's. Go to Walmart or Kmart or Payless and get the knockoffs. They are way truer to older chucks then these new fag boy fashion sneakers.

> spending money on a quality product
vs
> spending twice as much on shitty knock offs that fall apart and require buying new ones

>not nasty
that'ts what you think

Twice as much..My dude they are Walmart Kmart sneakers. Them shits cost like 15 bucks tops. If he is not going to be parading around town in them every day they would do just fine as a lifting shoe.

These new Chuck's are like cushioned and are not as stable as the older version. I'm not sure if they added more material or softer material...But they don't feel the same...So why would I spend 60$ on some shit that won't work as gonna as something for 15$

High. I don't really have a reason for it. May get a little support when I don't really need it. But I think the high top just look better overall and feel nice. No real difference in lifts so far.

This is some bullshit, orange is the worst.

>wearing that shit to the gym
>ever

Yeah. Pretty much.
Not like you'll use them for much else.

>Tfw can't go barefoot at my gym because Muh health and safety bullshit.

youre all insecure faggots, these shoes simply look good

> gray chucks

My nigga. Versatile as fuck

> not wearing navyblue Vans

yellow > orange > pink > red

Mark Bell Magical Meme Slippers are your best option op

They also cost about as much as chucks. I paid 30$ for mine

> mark bell

The brother from that steroid doco?

Yes

Go high chucks lowbar squats. You'll thank me later.

Gray? Shit, it was so obvious this whole time.

where my $8 walmart shoes boys

t. fat """powerlifter"""

My downsyndrome step cousin has these shoes

I'd go with low ; more ankle mobility

they're actually really comfy

i'd buy chucks but my feet are stupid wide so this is the best i can do without spending $150+

The worst decision we ever made as a species was deciding only people with intellectual disabilities get to wear hook and loop closure shoes.

Ensure you are wearing jeans for maximum range of motion and go straight to body weight with your squats.

>wearing navy blue vans

>i'd buy chucks but my feet are stupid wide so this is the best i can do without spending $150+

I have wide feet and chucks fit me fine, just get a size up or down. To answer OP's question, low is better for training, but I feel like the difference between the two is negligible at best.