Bodybuilding is dead

youtube.com/watch?v=xyFJpxGS7Hw

Arnold was right. Bodybuilders with their bellies sticking out are ugly. Modern bodybuilding is disgusting and degenerate. It is false aesthetics.

Ronnie Coleman seems to be turning into Uncle Ruckus there, but he agrees with Arnold. Effectively bodybuilding is dead. It has become a carnival freakshow.

But why not go one step further, and not just go back to the Arnold or Steeve Reeves look, but also pay more attention to what you can actually do with the body? In other words, go right back to before Steve Reeves when bodybuilding contests also included strength or gymnastics elements. Form and function combines. True aesthetics based on strength you can actually use.

The ancient Greeks would approve. Function. Power. Not empty vanity.

Learn the lesson from the fall of bodybuilding Veeky Forums. Train for strength and not for false standards of aesthetics that lead to ugliness and uselessness.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QDVu_q1rcHE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i will say the belly thing freaks me out. whats the deal there, lack of core strength? how do they end up with that?

Ronnie's the fucking reason it's a freak show.

Cutler had to be gifted his Sandows for being the only one to even get close to Ronnie at his prime.

A post like this begs that a few questions be asked.

What do you consider a fit person? What sort of attributes qualify you as the next Mr. Olympia?

Is it just strength and aesthetics? Is it strength, aesthetics, and stamina? Is it flexibility?

It would take a huge re-imagining of the entire concept of modern bodybuilding to do what you're suggesting.

Bodybuilding is supposed to be tasteful mass and symmetry.

i think lifting for vanity is 100% OK since we are hereto reproduce and we want to mate with females that have no physical defects and show strong physical traits and are mentally capable so that we can have strong and beautiful kids that will be chads

but in the end having a beautiful greek god physique isent even that hard to get so training specifically with that goal in mind seems more like cutting yourself short since theres no reason why performing impresive feats of strength wont have carryover to your physique and likewise even something as vain as doing concentration curls can stop you from tearing your biceps and might even help you concentrate

Weird diets and drugs. It's ain't all about the steroids like it used to be back in the 70's and before. They use anything and everything to get as big, lean, (and ugly) as possible nowadays.

wehavethisthreadeveryday.jpg

bodybuilding is and have always been the sport of faggots

Jeff seid will save bodybuilding, once he gets tired of partying and all.

hgh and insulin make your organs grow

not really, also you forgot to >your.jpg

Big Lenny is the epitomy of aesthetics. I don't really care about the phenomenon that is Lennyism, it's all right. I never liked v-tapers actually.

Bodybuilding has always been dumb and gay

literally the tom platz of abs

No it wouldn't take a huge anything. The history is already there before the Weider brothers became dominant and led the charge to the mass freakshow.

Simple combinations of strength displays (e.g. overhead pressing) with the 'beauty parade' stuff are easily achieved.

More complex ideas, such as including simple gymnastics feats such as handstands aren't that far beyond comprehension.

It shouldn't take much to figure out that an all round good athlete is far superior in form and function to a drug bloated ugly mess.

Yes. Which makes you wonder why so many Veeky Forums suckers have failed to realise that absorbing bodybuilding thinking and the fixation with low bodyfat to show off the belly is demonstrating to the world that Veeky Forums boys think and act like homosexuals.

Agreed. Pic related is how a man should look- and I am dead serious.

/thread

Zydrunas is pretty much what a strongman should look like. A fair proportion of the old time strongmen did look like him. Louis Cyr being a prime example.

How many modern bodybuilders can do anything even approaching this?

What is more impressive? Obvious drug use or this?

these roid bellies are disgusting

those homosexual gold painted guys do wild bw stuff bearmode.

But they have a six pack!

Veeky Forums needs a proper think about priorities.

That's a GH and slin belly. Roids don't give you a stomach like that.

>Quaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiidd

>physique does not exist
>classic physique does not exist
>mr olympia is the only form of bodybuilding in the world

ok then bro

Zydrunas literally looks like a space marine now

HGH and Insulin make visceral fat grow

Its nothing to do with training for

>false standards of aesthetics that lead to ugliness and uselessness

You power lifting fuck

>You power lifting fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=QDVu_q1rcHE

Powerlfting does not have any overhead lift. Overhead is more natural than the bench press.

God he went from strong teddy bear to chaos marine in a few months

What a guy

The power belly should make a comeback once he recovers from injury.

What gives you the impression anyone on fit gives two fucks about pro BBing

Bodybuilding is the foundation for the 'aesthetic' look that Veeky Forums is obsessed with. That whole six pack thing? Bodybuilding. The 'swole' thing? Bodybuilding. Veeky Forums is essentially /bb/.

LSSJ Starvin' Marvin

I think you missed the 'pro' part

I can't remember a thread or discussion about pro BBs that wasn't trolling/sarcasm.

Misc sure, but not here

>chaos marine
Please, he is an Ultramarine posterboy

where in OP's picture do you see "tasteful mass and symmetry"?
Wanting to go back to bodybuilding's golden age-style physiques is fucking admirable! That's when they looked the best.
Every young boy watched Arnold and thought "fuck me, I want to look like fucking he man too"; nobody but mentally ill steroid cucks admire these modern guys in that same way.
Power, strength, muscle mass, endurance, flexibility, and aesthetics should all be idolised and BALANCED.

i think your egg is overboiled

>bodybuilding's golden age-style physiques is fucking admirable! That's when they looked the best
yeah 100% agreed! arnold looked massive, impressive and aesthetic, today bodybuilders look massive, freakish and ugly as shit

MY HGH GUT IS THE HGH GUT THAT WILL PEICE THE HEAVENS!