His gym doesn't have the best bar ever made

>his gym doesn't have the best bar ever made
>he spends all his time reasoning down to barbell superiority because of it

Isn't that for people who can't deadlift properly

it's for people who want an objectively more efficient move without all the autism of barbell culture

It depends on your goals. Hex Bars work quads more then lower back, and vice versa for bar bells

Wish my gym had one not for diddly tho those are for BB. I want one for shrugs.

you're right about goals absolutely but trap bar can work the spinal erectors and leg muscles wildly differently depending on how you set your hips up

I want to use this for rows and overhead presses but I'm scared of how it will look.

Pls help.

just use dumbells

My old gym used to have a trap bar and I thought it was just for pussies because I was an impressionable faggot and took the words of a bunch of anons to heart.

Years later, my new gym finally got a trap bar (about three weeks ago) and it feels like a totally different exercise. I guess with time and experience your views change, especially when you stop caring what other people think.

I do. It's not the same.

how fucking magical are these bars?

They're not magical, but it's different. Pick what fits your goals best.

why not leg press instead? i don't understand. a barbell deadlift and a hexbar deadlift are two completely different exercises.

I need this
My life can't be complete without it

>why not just do leg press?
Are you retarded?

I used to deadlift with a trap bar because i couldn't comfortably deadlift with a barbell (lanklet with flexibility issues).

When i fixed my flexibility and switched to barbell, i had to deload from 3pl8 to almost 2pl8. Trap bars really don't hit the hammies or back nearly enough; it's practically a squat.

hex bar deadlifts are more like a squat than a deadlift. well, half-squat, since you don't break parallel. in a deadlift you're required to keep the bar in front of your legs which has an effect on the back/leg/shin angles. in a squat and a hex bar deadlift the weight is allowed to position itself freely which gives those two movements pretty much the same back/leg/shin angles.

>using a hexbar

are YOU retarded? the point of a deadlift is to train your posterior chain. if you want a balanced lower exercise, just squat or use a leg press.

no user. you recommended leg press over hex dead. hex dead is floor loaded and must work your back musculature too while executing the exercise. while the leg press is pretty much an isolation movement considering how braced you are against the seat.

i would always pick hex dead over leg press. not even that guy. actually i'd hack squat to work quads over any of that shit.

i guess i was in a "man what a redundant exercise when squats exist" state of mind

The worst I ever hurt myself in the gym was with one of those.

ARE YOU ALL RETARDED THE OBVIOUS ANSWER IS TO DO ALL OF THE ABOVE FOR MAX GAINZ. WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT PUSSY EITHER/OR ARGUMENT ABOUT. LIFT TILL YOUR LEGS FALL OFF YOU PUSSIES RRREEEEE

i bet you lmaolowbar

i was only speaking about the OP implying that all gyms should have a hex bar. they are unnecessary.

EVERY GYM SHOULD HAVE EVERY BAR PERIOD. ILL HOMEGYM IF YOU WONT PROPERLY STOCK YOURS.

I do RDLs with mine. Destroys hams. Easy on low back.

can this be replicated with DBs

or do they swing about too much

dont

not really, maybe with a feet together stance? part of the reason it works is the handles are position out wider. try picking dbs up that wide and they swing back in toward your body. this is what happens when taking a normal stance with dbs. with a really narrow stance it could work.

If I wanted to squat, I'd use a squat rack.

So you lift primarily to get good at that particular lift rather than to perform the most efficient lift

Why would I do a squat variation that doesn't allow me to reach proper depth?

Depth can be whatever you want it to be and most people can move more weight this way while recruiting more musculature than squat. All depends on how you choose to perform the movement.

>than squat
*barbell squat

Doing an overhead press and rows with a hex bar is an awful idea , look into a Swiss Bar or a tricep bar instead

nah man it works great altho for ohp if your bar has high handles it might interfere. mine doesn't. my right wrist wound up not liking it tho so i dropped after a few months for db press.

my gym had one of these, i wanted to try it, but then it disappeared for some reason

rip is that you?

The only thing I miss from high school was that we had these fucking bars. fuck 24 hour fitness

my gym has one of these but I never knew of its use. Can I use it for rows?

Gonna need one of these soon when I max out the dumbbells on farmers walks.

They're kind of crap for farmers walks. Better than DBs but nowhere near as good as proper handles.