How many miles do you run a week?

How many miles do you run a week?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RFyCPicGbXM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

At least 6*5 so ~30+ miles

This is all at a relatively slow speed of 8.30 minute miles.

But I hike 100+ miles a week does that count.

About 15
6 days of 2-3 miles

I jog 3km (1.8 miles) every night so 13 miles a week.

I have lost 5kg in about a month just doing this and eating less (I am fatty)

Those are good mile times (since you're going long distance) if they really average out to 8.5 minutes each.

What's your height and weight?

Probably 6 to 8

I used to run 40 to 55 miles a week in high school when I was on varsity cross country

5k per day, 6 days a week. So in burger distance that's about 18.6.

22ish

I try to get in a 5k every day

around 15 miles a week

Probably about zero

About 5 miles a week. Only run once a week. Calves stay sore for fucking ever.

8.5 minute/mile for 5 miles is considered good? I never knew I was a decent runner. I'm running 7.5 minute/mile for 8 miles (or I was before the winter).

Quit bragging. How terrible is 11.50 average over 5 miles. Just started running about 3 months ago. Never ran track quit all sports in 7th grade to smoke dope and chase puss.

None. Its cold here.

not competitively, but to the average runner you blow them the fuck out

Thats not a terrible starting point. I run like a 10 min mile

Thank you no one ever answers and I don't know if it's shit or ok. No one I know runs

Zero
I live in New York and take public transportation/walk to 90% of the places I go

I live in New York too and I manage to squeeze in a 5K every other day.

how many dicks you suck a week?

only 3, all my lifting friends suck at least one a day though

usually get two 5k's in a week at about 8 min per mile. would love to commit sometime and get close to 6 min

I personally have upped my dick game to a 4 a week minimum. It help me squat better

kek

8 miles

2 days of half an hour at 8mph

35-75 depending on season

Am I good enough to join a local running club and not embarrass myself at this pace? I see people at my school signing up for 5K's when they 'run' a mile at 25 minute paces, and I don't wanna be that guy.

What's a good beginner running routine? Before or after weightlifting?

I'm on the 5k program, currently able to jog 25 minutes
>TFW I dont want to do cardio because I dont want to lose fat
I also need to not feel tired to do cardio properly or else it's pure suffering cause I get exhausted too easy, so that means eating a lot, sleeping a lot, and avoiding feeling depressed and anxious

As many as I like when I listen to this
youtube.com/watch?v=RFyCPicGbXM

I'll be pushing 80 this week and roughly the same next week. From there I'll drop it back to 65-70.

After or else you'll tire and your form will break down

12-15 miles most of the time i do hiit but one day il see how fast i can do my 1 mile. I walk/jog 36 miles a week i have been wearing a fitbit and it dose alerts when i jave been sitting down too long.

Do 8k everyday barring Saturday cuz I do a 5k time trial on Sunday.
Just need to break 25 mins

Use the metric system, you piece of shit. I run a half marathon every Sunday for fun. Monday to Saturday just lift.

>claims to run
>can't run 5ks under 25 minutes.
>Kekd

I have a hill behind my house, i just do sprints up it after lifting for like 10 minutes

During winter I do speed work and I'll bump up to marathon stuff come March, that's when running is the best, just sprinting for 26 miles

I dont think you know what "sprinting" means

Two 1 hr cardio sessions
10-12 miles a week

Yes I do,everyone sprints in marathons, the world record for a marathon is like 70 seconds for 400 meters, how is that not a sprint you retard

Is not being able to jog very long a sign of a weak heart? I'm 6'0 and 170lbs and recently started jogging. Just one mile at a moderate pace leaves me extremely winded

>I run like a 10 min mile
Near ideal for cardio fitness.
Ideal is 10k (~6.25 miles) within 1 hour each day

There are 60 year old women who can run 5 miles in under 40 minutes

5k a day at around 3:55/k no idea what that translates to in burgermiles though

Yea I know. Gotta start somewhere I guess. And I would say it's more than most people can do. Not good for runners. I started out way bad similiar to
And smoking for 10 years didn't help me any either. One mile killed when I started now I can go 5 so piss off m8 I'll get there

Currently doing anywher from 15-20 miles per week.

Just keep setting yourself pace goals, try and hit 11 minutes a mile for 5 miles then drop it to 10 etc, there is no real skill or technique to running, so just keep working at it and you will get better. All you need is willpower.

I try and change it up week to week with short faster runs and longer jogs it seems to help up my speed in the longer runs

In the army a good 5 mile time was 40 minutes. I started at about your time and after about 6 months got the 40 min goal.

I would walk a 500 miles and I would walk 500 more, just to be the dyel who walks a thousand miles to fall down on the gym floor

Thanks hoping it gets little easier as weather warms I'm way more active. Right now I don't even wanna go outside to run any more than once a week. It also wrecks my calves for about 4 days. Is that normal

4 miles a week. i do 1 mile every other day. i run half a mile at 6mph then i alternate between 4mph to 6mph every minute into i finish the mile. currently trying to do 2 miles every other day. i have no idea how fast i should be running on a treadmill.

>He lives in /the/ walking city of the US
>Not getting those cardio gains throughout your day
>Willing getting btfo by the MTA
>He doesn't run in empty winter Central Park mornings for maximum cold air gains

can confirm, same here

5min/km or 8min/mile was considered good pace for longer distances (5km+)

i cycle around 40 every day though, to and from work

Anywhere from 30ish to 70ish. Depends on where I am with my training - weeks vary in intensity. Probably average like 40-45.

6:34min/mi approx. not bad, but you should do more than just the over type of workout every single day - bad for muscle development.

Shit, that was for

0 because im a fat fuck. Recently picked up cardio because I swapped to 531 and have more energy. Doing about 20 miles a week on the eliptical per week for past 4 weeks

On average, zero. That's not to say I hate cardio or I don't do it, I'm just not a regular runner.

Are you running outside or on a treadmill? It makes a big difference

I used to run 4 every day, well 4 split into 2 out and 2 back. While at my halfway point I'd eat a piece of fruit, shadowbox, fuck around doing pullups pressups and dips on the trees and shit. Good times.
Then the knee pains started... Not from running but from work. I had to switch to cycling but it's just not the same.
Took me two years of chilling out my knees before I became comfortable running on them again. And only after a very long warmup walk. But I'll make it.

>Veeky Forums
>running

LUL

Try doing form drills and other exercises that work your intermediate/stabilizer muscles - when these muscles are weak this is a great contributor to knee pain in runners, and an easy fix.

>lifting
>Veeky Forums

KUK

Approximately 30km spread over 3 sessions.
Not much, just to keep up my cardio and cut some weight.

I run 3 miles 3x a week. Is that gud?

anyone have some advice?

13-15

Is running twice a week enough if I want to keep an acceptable level of stamina? Apart from that, I commute to places by bike.

Can you run outside?

Depends on your definition of acceptable.

But yeah probably.

i could but i always tire out quicker and do less without the treadmill to gauge my speed & time

It's easier to run on a treadmill

probably due to the fact that's easier to set goals also the cold air doesn't shred your lungs

Well last year on a whim I decided to train for a marathon so in like three months I went from 1 10 min mile every day to about 20 miles every single day and then I ran my marathon and quit running and now I'm here. Felt like Forrest Gump

I walk 15km most days. I skip a day every week or so. I'm on week four of the couch to 5k thing as well. Although I've skipped this week because my heel is all cut up from running in tight shoes. It's also been raining with 40km/h winds. I walk at 5km per hour.

1 mile a year. on a good year

keep at it man

Because the treadmill moves under your feet. The earth doesn't. It takes way more effort to propel the weight of your body forward when the treadmill doesn't do half the work for you.

>not everyone lives in Manhattan
>MTA is necessary if you don't want to pay tolls and parking out the ass
>Queens master race: run in beautiful surburban parks with minimal air pollution and car density

I used to run up the West Side Highway and my lungs felt like they were poison sponges.

It's kinda like that for me too user. You need to stretch calves/hams/quads after every run, and probably every day. Also try foam rolling your calves

No. I was able to run a lot on the treadmill even as a heavy smoker when the outside would slay me.

fifty

I had shin splits so I'm taking it easy I do 30 min to a hour 6 days a week on the stairmaster.

It ranges from 100 to 200 floors climbed.

I love it desu senpai. I always laugh when dumb cardio sluts try to copy me and do it without holding on to the railings and almost bust their asses.

Last I checked, sprinting for 400 meters isn't sprinting an entire 26 miles.

about tree fiddy

My knees are mildly fucked but still ok and I fear them getting worse so I haven't run in years

Used to run like 30-50 miles a week. Got injured and started lifting these past 8 months.
5k pr 17:47
Half marathon pr 1:31:52
Started running again these past 2 weeks like 2 or 3 miles at 7:30 mile pace.
I'm going to keep lifting
Stats, 6'3" 175 pounds