Carbs & Calories

Male, 24, 5'9" and 190 lbs here.

When I was 17, I weighed 210 and went on a extreme diet which limited my calorie intake to 1500-1800 daily. I wouldn't eat more calories even after I went to the gym(I'd burn 1000 on an elyptical every few days). The problem is that at the end of 7 months, I weighed 140 lbs and lost a lot of muscle mass. I still had boob flab despite being UNDERWEIGHT. I would eat 1800 c

Anyways, over the past 6-7 years, I've been eating normally, gained muscle, but put on some more weight. I got careless since I got married and "comfy" eating complete junk. I would eat cake, ice cream, soda, etc.

About a week ago, I realized I was about to hit 200 lbs again so I decided to make a chance but I DO NOT want to make the same mistake by losing muscle mass again.

I've been eating less junk for about a week now. I'm eating mostly protein, only putting cream in my coffee with no sugar, but finally limiting carbohydrates for the first time.

Would it be the right thing to put my body into Ketosis by limiting my carb intake?

I work third shift in an office at a standing-desk so I'm usually walking up and down stairs doing a bunch of reports and whatnot.

What would be good for me to lose weight in a healthy way? Should I simply cut carbs and just so mild exercise? I want to join a gym soon to gain muscle but I want to lose the chub first.

Any suggestions from anyone? Should I cut back on carbs and limit it to under 100g a day? Should I do mild or heavy exercise while doing this? I want to do this correctly without losing a lot of muscle mass. Most of the weight is in my face, chest, stomach.

Thanks guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis
amazon.com/BAYER-HEALTHCARE-DIABETES-CARE-Ketostix-Strips/dp/B01IF54RKA/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post pic

You will never get gainz without carbs fatass. Ketosis is a fucking MEME.

I know that. I want to lose fat first while limiting carbs.

After I lose some weight, I want to gain muscle.

So basically, low carb diet until I lose some weight, then normal diet afterwards.

>cutting before bulking
Not gonna make it. Eat at maintenance and lift.

.>Ketosis is a fucking MEME
but it works tho

See?
Now I'm conflicted.

Will Ketosis minimize muscle loss?
And how many carbs should I consume to induce ketosis.

I need help guys

not really. you lose weight because you restrict calories, not because keto does anything special. you could eat the same amount of calories on a different diet and get the same results.

no, it won't minimize muscle loss, and keto is terrible for high intensity training like lifting.

This.
Like I mentioned, I ate tons of carbs at 17 and still lost weight...but I lost muscle. I overworked myself and wouldn't consume any kinds of fats. I avoided milk, butter, etc.

Would a LCHF diet work to minimize muscle loss?

The part that works is the deficit, which you can do with carbs too, keto has zero benefit for weight loss. fatties go from eating tons of carbs to not eating carbs(which is probably like 40% of their calories), which just lowers their calories and they are amazed it works, no shit.

Of course it's calorie restriction, but doing it with keto is easier because fat gives you satiety.
You'll lose muscle but you'll lose more fat than muscle.
>Also lots of water weight the first week.
Doing recarb once a week is fine tho.

When people do keto it's mainly because they want definition
>easy to get because you are deshydrated as well.

For me keto is just a way to lose fat like another.

To contribute
>Do IF cardio and keto
>started this week at 101kg
>today i'm 94kg.
I know, water weight

makes sense

OP, I just did a cut about 2 months ago

Lost 25 pounds while on a 500 cal deficit (so about 2500 cals/day). My macros were something like 220g carbs/100g fat/230g protein (can't remember the exact numbers, this wa). Point is, I ate a SHIT ton of carbs, so that I could still have great days in the gym while on my deficit. Lost minimal muscle mass.

It is almost literally all about calories in vs. calories out. Have some self-discipline and count your calories. I'm now at maintenance getting about 250g carbs a day. Carbs are massively important for building muscle, and ignoring them is a complete fucking vegan-tier meme

Limiting carbs is going to fuck your lifting up, you need glycogen if you want to lift well. Not being able to lift as much means you'll produce a worse stimulus and have a harder time maintaining strength/size since your workouts are going to be hampered big time.

You are right, but currently my goal is not to lift heavy. I want fatloss.
I ate too much during the last 3 months and gained 10 kg of fat

Keto is for faggots that dont know what they are doing. Im on medium carb high prot low fat rn feeling, really good long term.

"No!"

The lowered insulin is highly conducive to fat loss.

Short term yes.

I've been eating high carb for like 5 months now. As with everything it really depends on what you eat, if you eat healthy and within your range macros are not that important (unless you cut protein completely, that's dumb).

God fucking damn

Read the FUCKING Wikipedia article you uneducated fucking sad cunts
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis

Ketosis is like a "mode" that you can switch your body into by keeping a steady carb-free (maximum 30g a day) diet for *at least* 4 to 8 weeks. You use some fucking KETOSTIX then to check whether ketosis has kicked in or not.
amazon.com/BAYER-HEALTHCARE-DIABETES-CARE-Ketostix-Strips/dp/B01IF54RKA/

Keto diet *does work* and it works rapidly. It reduces a lot of fat but also makes your muscles flatter by withdrawing glycogen. BUT you *can not* keep this diet for long-term and *will* gain most of the weight back once you start eating carbs again.

It is occasionally used by professionals, because if you have to hit a specific deadline, it is the fastest way to go. Afterwards they bloat like fuck from all the carb intake.

Anything low-carb is not suitable for the common lifter. Count your calories and eat enough proteins. You all act like eating is fucking science while you're just being purely retarded.

Apart from the insulin related effects, the reduced appetite, the general feeling of being more energized throughout the day? Yeah no benefits whatsoever besides caloric deficit

nothing wrong with carbs, as long as you're on tren.

that goes double when on GH.

one of the few quality information posts in this shithole full of DYELs