Squat replacement for osgood-schlatter disease

My doctor tells me I have something called osgood-schlatter disease, which is apparently something I've had all my life that was responsible for my knee soreness since puberty. My doctor says even with perfect form I will never be able to do barbell squats of any kind, or most leg exercises that involve excessive knee bending, without incredible pain.

I just fucking got started too, I don't want to be a fat piece of shit anymore! Are there any leg exercises to replace squats for quads? Are there any novice programs I can do since SS/SL are now out of the question because they revolve around squats? Are my dreams of not being a fat piece of shit done before they even started?

can you still do any knee flexion at all?

because if not, that excludes leg press, leg extensions, pretty much any quad exercise really

Anything that involves me bending my knee has been causing flaring pain beyond just light walking.

Fuck man, I don't want to be the toothpick leg guy.....

Stop being a bitch and squat heavy

Your doctor spent 12 years studying the body. I spent 12 months building the body. Who do you trust more?

Ask your doctor faggot

I did, he said no more leg exercises that involve bending my knee. I don't know if there's any that don't involve the knee.

You have a shitty body and shitty genetics. Go as nature intended and die an early death due to heart disease as fat virgin.

Dude wtf i had this as a teenager. Doc said it would go away when I stopped growing and it did. Still get a bit of knee pain, but in joints. I squat twice a week

I dunno, I'm 24 but it's still so painful.

You don't have to bend your knees for stiff legged deadlifts

I have osgood-schlatter and I squat fine.

Obviously the wisest choice is to believe an anonymous poster on an internet message board

My gf and I both have one leg with Osgood and we're still lifting. She gets tenderness when she starts to squat really low with a heavier weight, but she still does it. Mine doesn't bother me unless I'm kneeling on a hard floor. I haven't been going heavy on squat because of back issues, but it doesn't bother me on leg press or extensions (when I used to do them). I would be concerned if it was bothering me all the time though. Maybe take it easy for a few weeks and slowly get back into it.

I have this. Hurts only when I kneel or run for a long amount of time. I still squat ATG twice a week and I only get a little sore on the knee joints. What made my pain go away is I didn't do any sort of sport or exercise that stresses my knees but only swimming until it stopped hurting a lot.

Maybe try to lose some weight first, since that might be having an impact on your knee pain too, and then slowly ease into squatting/other leg exercises.

That's terrible advice, go see a physical therapist that specializes in sports/ortho.

Basically this. I have it, onset at 20y/o which is rare. Rested knee for 6m and now i can squat fine. Not pushing it but i lift for aesthetics instead of strength now anyway.

I have that stupid fucking bump too and it's so fucking annoying.

It's only painful for the first few months but the bump never goes away.

Tiger fitness. No bending of knees required

I have/had that when I was a teenager. Shit sucked.

Had a minor operation to have the extra piece of bone removed. Overnight in hospital. Done.

It never ever bothered me again in the 20 years since. In fact, I'd forgotten about it until I saw this.

OP I have Osgood's as well, it's in both knees but mostly effects me the worst in my right knee. I lost about 40 lbs last year and really really helped the pain and swelling, if you don't do hammy streches and practice sitting in a deep squat it'll never feel better. Do seated leg curls and extensions untill you can squat, then don't forget to stretch before and after every leg day.

Shit sucks but you'll grow out of it. I'm 20 and it barely effects me now, I only have flare ups after direct impacts on the bump, but it still takes 2-3 weeks before my felxibilty and ROM is back to normal after the flare ups.

Don't grow too fast kids or your bones won't keep up :(

Um, I had ogs growing up but I can still squat just fine. Admittedly I don't fuck with lmao3pl8 but Ive squatted 2pl8 no issue.

Glute bridges might be good still.