Only guy who lifts in my uni class (applied mathematics and machine learning)

>only guy who lifts in my uni class (applied mathematics and machine learning)
>people probably assume I'm a stupid meathead because I both lift and have this dumb accent of the distant rural redneck part of my country where I come from
>tfw the qt intellectual girls at uni don't want me

Anyone else here who been judged as stupid, bland or anything else negative because of your lifting hobby?

>qt intellectual girls
The fat ones or the ugly ones?

I was judged as 'stupid' for lifting and having a better than average physique while I was an undergrad. Now I'm a med student and the ones who made fun of me got into 0 grad. schools. Who's laughing now, DYELs.

I studied physics and mathematics at uni and in my experience lots of people worked out, including weights. And since people there were very goal-oriented they typically made good gains as well. I never got the impression that people thought any of us were stupid for lifting, but I live in a country where working out is considered high status.

Your insecurity is showing

No the pretty ones who are a little shy but interested in science and post big bang theory memes on facebook. They are the girls who fit for me, I can't handle slutty sorority-type girls.

Not the case in my country, it's seen as something for the working class brutes.

>intellectual
>post big bang theory memes
>facebook
now i know why people tthink that you're retarded

>tfw grew up as a mma fighter
>black belt in 3 diff martial arts by 20 years old
>closet full of tapout/everlast/reebok ufc shirts because sponsors
>too poor to buy normal clothes
>unironically like the design of these clothes so wore them everywhere
>constantly getting sized up at the gym by roidmanlets
>getting picked to fight by betamales at the bar every weekend
>bouncer always throws me dirty looks
>people think i'm out looking to beat someone up every day
>mfw all i wanna do is chill and be friends with everyone

Tbh i dream the day i finally gather enough money from my part time job on campus to purchase plain tshirts/jeans

>>people probably assume I'm a stupid meathead because I both lift and have this dumb accent of the distant rural redneck part of my country where I come from

You sound like a qt.
One of my goals was always to get big enough for people to assume I'm a stupid meathead. I think it's good to high your intellectual power level to a certain extent.

>applied math
You literally are a stupid meathead

Come user I will feel with you

Im 18 and just finished arkansas HS, im bout to go out of state for college. Is kids gon bully me for being aesthetic...i used to be really skinny at beginning of HS and got made fun of by rednecks, the cycle never ends

>>people probably assume I'm a stupid meathead because I both lift and have this dumb accent of the distant rural redneck part of my country where I come from

Wear thick rimmed glasses and a bolo tie. Start saying gee whiz, swell, gosh and inappropriate more often than you usually do.

How do you want to be perceived? How do you dress? If you want to fit into that crowd maybe wear glasses and follow thier style. I had the same problem (and I'm still DYEL just reached 1/2/3/4), but went other way. Lost the glasses, wear chinos and button downs that fit really well. See more girls mirin' and more jealous guys but I love it

>used to get along with somewhat smarter girls on the internet when I was lonely
>could list all the nerd interests, from sci fi, technology and other things
>still am into these things
>but because I like to lift weights now and look better everyone assumes that I dont go full weeaboo anime retard if given the chance

It does feel kinda odd, to be both into somewhat extreme worlds. From weeaboo, technology, internet culture, sciences and even a bit of literature.

To lifting, running for competition, eating well and even walking in nature. Appreciating nature things as well.

I even think/know that lifting goes actually very well with competitive video games as the reaction speed and tactical thinking increases because of more test. I have been playing much better because of high natural test. Even use it as a brain benchmark of some sort.

>competitive video games increases test
Yeah that explains why these LOL and DOTA players are so ripped and manly looking.

>imblynigsing

If "lifting" is part of your identity, you're a douche. If it's just something you do, in addition to many other things, than you have potential to be okay.

>calling lifting "a hobby"

You're an Autist. Do neck hangs until failure.

I assume that people are trying to preserve their self-steem. Surely user can be smarter, but he doesn't look good; sure he can look good, but he's dumb as bricks, etc. Before lifting everyone was OK with me being somehow more knowledgeable, but when I started lifting people were giving me shit, or saying "user I didn't know you could do stuff like that", though my body is mesomorphic. They thought I was not athletic at all.

Not OP but have you ever left your room lmao. Most people are complete plebs regardless of they academic achievements. It doesn't make them less smart, it JUST means that they have no taste. In a way, I even admire that because developing "patrician" taste takes years of browsing /tv/ and /mu/ and wasting your time. Also people who have a life are not insecure enough that watching sitcoms or using convenient tools like normiebooks will shatter the image they have of themselves.

This this this. Anons listen to these anons and you too will probably have a normal relationship one day. OP I'm sure you'll find a match, also as you said they are shy and have probably been practicing hiding emotions their whole lives. They could be schlicking their way to and from class just thinking about you but they won't say a damn thing you know why? They have PROPRIETY. ask the girl you think is just the best out for coffee/study/note comparison. Have normal conversations and see if you hit it off. If you don't no big deal it was just coffee and you move on to the next one. We aren't all matches with everyone just stay confident you got this.

>tfw the qt intellectual girls at uni don't want me
That probably because you're short, ugly, and autistic.

This is the case. I'm a grad student in hard condensed matter theory and my s/b/d/ is 425/250/515 lbs. A colleague of mine in quantum gravity is doing a bodybuilder routine and another friend in experimental soft condensed matter does gymnastics.
It's actually quite tough to find someone who doesn't take care of his body and/or diet in my department.

kek

I study mechanical engineering (at a pretty shitty university to be completely honest) and almost nobody works out seriously enough to be called a lifter (maybe 1 guy in 50 or 100).
People don't really assume I'm stupid or out of place or something because this place is full of pretty shitty students anyway, but when they realize I'm one of the good students they're often weirded out a bit.

Clothes are dirt cheap, cmon. T-shirts are $5.

>tfw not aesthetic enough to be thought of as a meatheat
>tfw not nerdy enough to be thought of as smart
>Tfw just want to be deceptively aesthetic for a mechanical engineering major

Same bro, just replace mechanical with computer

Fucking this.
OP please

I lift for my boy Fly

hey man. are you still a virgin or? the way to get a girl is to seem "fun, relaxed and not desperate".

so what are they? well you get them by having a circle of friends, who by simply hanging out with you shows that you're worth something. learn to be grateful for that, look at yourself as a member of the group and be happy about it. this gives you confidence and also makes you less desperate. because if you have friends, it's okay if girls tell you No when you ask them out. The chance that a girl will like you back is small as fuck to begin with because there are thousands of men for her to choose from.

Get a hobby that you like and look forward to. With that, and the group of friends, you'll be well set. You need to work on happiness, you see. If you're then all else will fall into place. Then when you meet girls try to treat them as you treat your friends. Be kind and crack jokes and talk about really anything.

Learn to love your accent. It's your home, your birth right.

>No the pretty ones who are a little shy but interested in science and post big bang theory memes on facebook.
They probably take more cock than the soroity girls you fucking autist. Big Bong Theory watchers are also statistically more likely to be BLACKED than otherwise.

WHO /WEABOOANDLIFT/ HERE???

If you think that's bad, try taking an upper division humanities class; not only do the cretins not lift whatsoever, but a good portion of them are degenerates who have deluded themselves into thinking that they're somehow morally superior because they don't take care of their own bodies.

that or you are just ugly and those girls arent required to like you

>mum introduces me to chess at 4 years of age
>20 years later I lift heavy and box competitively
>Shaved head, military, heavy metal, white, full on lunk skinhead look
>mfw dyels trying to prove 'I work out at the library' challenge me to chess

What triggered feminist shit uni are you attending?
I study Comp. Eng. and apart from me there's 2 guys who lift in my entire course but I never felt rejected for it. People actually ask me about nutrition sometimes. Maybe you're just autistic.

Also I have a strong fucking manx accent.