Why aren't you making teeth gains by flossing once a day?

Why aren't you making teeth gains by flossing once a day?

Teeth don't look like that naturally.

This is just as bad as asking a natty lifter why don't they look like zyzz yet.

Enjoy your receding gums

flossing is a meme instituted by dental officials to keep more money coming their way.

teeth are yellow by default. white teeth are not natural

why? no scientific evidence for it.

This, pure white teeth are much less resistant to caries and breakage than naturally off-white teeth. Bleaching pastes and treatments are a scam.

The same goes for flossing, toothpicks and inter-dental brushes are goat.

The same goes for Listerine - the alcohol and essential oils do far more to irritate and damage the gums than they do to kill germs. A 3% solution of hydrogen-peroxide or a hexetidin based mouthwash are far more effective.

not flossing causes receding gums

The vast majority of people will develop receding gums to some degree as they age. The main reason why people who floss seem to have less issues is because people who floss are also much more likely to brush their teeth and visit the dentist more regularly. Who is more likely to floss, an investment banker or a ghetto-rat/white-trash?

I havent brushed my teeth since November. Only thing i've noticed is that they hurt when i drink really cold water, and my breath is fucking disgusting when i first wake up. A meal / snack cures the bad breath though.

...but why?

oh dear god

Hell yeah dude dental hygiene is just a myth created by the jews

Keep it up dude, don't let the man control you!!!!!!

WTF is wrong with you. I didn't brush my teeth when I was a teenager (yeah autism) and sure enough everything seemed fine to me but I've asked others about it since then and everyone was aware of my mouth being disgusting.

Also here's my anecdotal evidence re: flossing. Since I started doing it daily about a year about my teeth have gotten MUCH less sensitive to hot/cold. Like totally immune actually unless I go from something hot to ice cream or ice water. Also they don't bleed anymore.

>3% solution of hydrogen-peroxide

This is what I do every night. Have never had a cavity.

>10 second swish
>spit
>let it foam up for another 30 seconds
>spit and rinse

I use a waterpik

A meal or snack absolutely does not cure the bad breath. Everyone around you can tell and is disgusted by you.

one theory is that tartar is causing receding gums. Flossing removes tartar.
Anyway, the whole thing is fucked up. Some say that, others something else and they want to colonize Mars even though they don't know what's causing receding gums.

Tartar definitely causes receding gums.
But I smoke two packs a day and I had more success keeping the stuff of my teeth with a mix of hydrogen peroxide and proper brushing than trough flossing.

For a time I flossed and used Listerine religiously on top of brushing of course, after a year I had two cavities and pretty badly inflamed gums. Never happened before or since with hydrogen and brushing.

>brush 3 times a day
>floss once per day
>mouthwash once per day

Truly the masterrace routine

I had not had any cavities in the last 10 years only brushing before sleep. Few months ago I started flossing too. For now I still have no cavities, no sensitive gums either. Don't scare me brah.

flossing has been proven to not have any benefit

last time i had my teeth cleaned my hygienist didn't say anything about flossing whatsoever

I doubt that's true. Probably just retards that don't know how to floss correctly because they are too pussy to run it up deep into their gums.

Your hygienist probably didn't say anything because they've started to realise that shit talking peoples teeth and gums is a good way to get people to avoid coming back and giving them money.

>flossing has been proven to not have any benefit
bull-fucking-shit.

Flossing can't help prevent excess bacterial buildup, gum diseases, cavities, canker sores, and a variety of other mouth diseases.

You think bacteria festering in your teeth does nothing?

just google the word flossing

Most people in said studies probably aren't flossing correctly like I said. They sit there and pussy foot around half ass flossing then see no improvement.

If you had dentists flossing them every day for a year their teeth would be flawless.

I haven't been to the dentist in the last 4 years.
I finally have dental/health insurance.

Brush my teeth twice a day and floss probably every other day.
How fucked am I when I go back?

hey if you say so

I'll use my own experiences to combat this idiocy. Gums would bleed like shit when I wasn't flossing, eventually led to cavities and eventually a lesion in my face. After 3 months of flossing, teeth don't bleed anymore and I never get canker sores.

they'll probably deep clean your teeth and you might have a cavity or two, but you should be fine.

i went 10 years without going and brushed twice a day

i had 13 cavities and needed a root canal cause i apparently had a dead tooth

none of my teeth bothered me before going, figured i might as well go since i was paying for the dental insurance anyway and hadnt been since i was a kid

Why are you saying stuff like you're an expert? You're objectively wrong. Studies on flossing have failed to show benefits.

>I havent brushed my teeth since November. Only thing i've noticed is that they hurt when i drink really cold water, and my breath is fucking disgusting when i first wake up. A meal / snack cures the bad breath though.
Can I get a picture? Please take a picture of your teeth.

For a long time I didn't brush, like once every two weeks on average. Now I'm brushing daily, rincing with Listerine and flossing once a month. You will feel refreshed after brushing trust me. Enjoy it, take like 20mins to clean thoroughly and appreciate your crispy clean teeth.

Eughh I reeeaaallly don't want cavities, I had one before.

Fuck it I'm booking the appointment right now.

How often do you get sick?

I have shit teeth because my mom is alcoholic whore. Fucking genetics, guys. No vitamins or good food. Now many fillings and teeth are still sensitive and sheet. I want kill myself desu.

I'm 23. December 2015 I had my first dentist appointment after 11 years (brutal anxiety).
I didn't take brushing too seriously in my younger years. One tooth was dead and needed a root canal. Another one was broken and needed a replacement. Since a "hygiene session", where they polish your teeth, worked wonders. No more pain.
It wonders me that you had this many cavities. Bad teeth genetics?

Also: The tooth was broken from an accident.

yeah my dad lost most of his teeth but he was a heavy sugar eater. my mom's are OK

That's bad to hear. All you can do now is keep the shitty food and soda away and go to the dentist regularly.
Green and black tea is also supposed to be good for your teeth. I have the subjective feeling that my teeth are better since I started drinking both daily. Can recommend

I had two wisdom teeth removed 4 years ago. They botched the operation: hit a nerve, damaged the jaw, left pieces of tooth and jaw in the wound. I had to have corrective surgery done on my jaw and had a fibroma removed.

Couldn't open my mouth enough to brush for six months, I resorted to just flushing with salt-water and hydrogen-peroxide all the time. After six months my gums were see trough. Afterwards my teeth hurt like hell from the damaged nerve and I brushed maybe twice a week for a year afterwards.

Last month I finally got around to visiting the dentist because I broke a tooth on a piece of cooper in a piece of candy. I thought he'd tell me that I need dentures, especially since all my teeth were on fire whenever I ate something sweet.

Ended up having 3 cavities, plus a filling for the broken tooth and a deep cleaning.

TL;DR Sometimes it's not as bad as you think.

this isn't a complete substitute for flossing m8

t. learned the hard way

ill start trying this out

Man my teeth are crooked. Im 34. I never smile. Is it worth getting braces at my age and getting white treatment?

yes.

yellow by default? how do you explain all those africans with perfectly white teeth then?

>refugees harassed my gf, i punched one in the face and two held me down while the other one soccer kicked me in the teeth and kicked out 1 front tooth, breaking off 3 others

fuck

Whats even worse:
the whole operation to nit look like a hobo anymore costs 8000€ and the judge ordered him to do social services and pay me 400€ as compensation

sweden yes!