Soylent

Thoughts on the stuff?

I'm usually a huge critic of new-age supplemental shit but I recently got oral surgery and as a result pretty much can't eat for a couple weeks and this has been a great help

That being said I'm pretty sure it gave me food poisoning once

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/t8NCigh54jg?t=5m40s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

does it also give you incredibly bad breath?

Lets say I want to go on a diet with this shit at 1600kcal a day.
How expensive is it compared to a regular diet?

Why not go on their website that gives you the prices

Good for situational use like you said, if you can't eat solid food right now ... but if you CAN eat solid food you should.

go to diy.soylent.com and mix your own instead. the "people chow" and "keto chow" I can confirm are legit, but any of the recipes marked 100% complete should be fine. The people chow ends up being like 6 bucks a day.

Aight, thanks bro, I'll check it out!

Expensive powder for manchildren who think cooking takes too much time and food tastes bad and masquerading as nutritional.

What if you were a [spoiler]servicemember[/spoiler]? They aren't allowed to cook food and sometimes you don't want to deal with the mess

Is it safe to be eating 100+ grams of protein only from whey/soy? I think adding some (pasteurized) egg whites and taking out a scoop may be the better move.

IT'S MADE OF PEOPLE!!

OP are you aware that this stuff is literally mixed in dingy warehouses?

youtu.be/t8NCigh54jg?t=5m40s

soylent is autism in food form, if there is such a thing

are you aware that IN THE DOCUMENTARY YOU POSTED, they state that since taping, the location has been moved to more clean facilities. And since taping, soylent has changed classification to "food" vs. "nutritional supplement" and now has to adhere to all FDA standards?

It would be around $6.68 / day for 1600 kcal. I did it for about a month last year for weight loss (since easy as fuck calorie management). It's not bad at all, but I do have to question long term use as a sole source of nutrition.

I'm doing the same thing with huel, a similar product from the uk. it seems to be working, but it really tastes like anus.

even the liquid flavouring from bulkpowders can't tame it.

almost certainly responsible for what happened to that OoT speedrunner

Isn't this the same thing as eating a mcdouble and taking a multi-vitamin?

>$50 a week for 2000 calories maltodextrin, and liquid memetic poison
>whereas I spend $40 a week on 3000 calories of chicken, eggs, and fish
REALLY

MAKES

U

THINK

FAMPAI

Yeah I'd be doing it for a month too, for the reason you mentioned.

huel also turned my poo a weird clour, just sayan

No. A McDouble is significantly better for you.

Goylent is the equivalent of drinking two XL vanilla milkshakes a day with a multivitamin.

That bites on the taste. Soylent has this nutty/oaty flavor that's pleasantly bland.

If you do decide to go for it, Soylent is best after mixing if it's rested for at least 12 hours. The texture was rather grainy (or at least it was) if it was mixed right before drinking.

how does this look to you educated types? am i going to die of malnutrition?

I had a pouch of Soylent v1.5 laying around that I received from a friend.

>Taste
Pretty bland with just a hint of sweetness, definitely tasted of soy (Who would have thought?)

>Texture
Creamy and gritty.

>Fullness
I drank two servings at once for dat dere bulk, kept me full for the most part.

>Price
$9.15 / day for 2k calories (Non sub price)
$64 / week for 14k calories (Non sub price)
$3,328 / year ( $2,808 if you decide to subscribe)

There are no savings buying in bulk, only through subscription

The price is an absolute joke. You could could buy rice, beans, and whatever else to most likely save a ton compared to Soylent.

>Misc/other thoughts
Gave me terrible odorless gas, I seriously could not stop blowing air out my ass.

Soylent is a cool concept, but you can't rid one of life's simple pleasure. Soylent felt like a novelty, just a fun thing to try out once.

Would I recommend it as a meal replacement, no. I would treat it as a supplement, meaning use it when it's needed.

Thanks for reading.

Psuedo Reviewbrah out.

WHat is with the soylent meme? It's nothing but a multi-vitamin in liquid form. In fact it's an easier shittier idea than a multi-vitamin because you got to drink a whole bottle of mediocre tasting shit. There's also a lot of different multivitamins for different people.. desu seems like it would be overall easier just to swallow a pill. Plus unless you're an old person about to die why woudl you want meal replacement. Go make some food for yourself you fuckin autistic retards.

mainly laziness on a cut, can't be arsed measuring shit for calorie control.

weigh this weigh that, cook for x minutes, or dump 3 scoops of this shit and add water.

Will turn you into a screaming pile of estrogen and cause you to grow man titties. Also possibly turn you gay, has been seen in some vegan diets so choose wisely

if you can't take the extra 30 seconds to measure out your food (assuming you're not good at eyeballing portions and need to measure) then youre garbage

if you can't be arsed to cook for yourself then you shouldn't be living on your own

Goylent is even worse than vegetarianism and maybe worse than normal vegancuckism.

This shit is literally oat powder mixed with sugar, sugar, more sugar, and sugar. It also uses meme-protein and the shittiest types of vitamins possible
>Vitamin D2
ENJOY NOGAINZ

Or I should just be drinking soylent :^)

>0.3g of vitamin c per day
>vitamin D2 (can't be absorbed properly like D3)
>Calcium-D-Pantothenate (don't do this lads)
>maltodextrin
>choline bitartrate (not bioavailable and requires YUGE amounts to ACTUALLY get you your daily dose, eat eggs faggots)
>I could go on but JUST
enjoy death desu

I am also using huel at the moment. Although i haven't switched entirely. I really like the high amount of protein compared to other similar products like eg eatnano

Well I hope you enjoy having gyno because a few months on Goylent Meme will give it to you.

Then you're just fuckin stupid or lazy and just get tested for low testosterone. Cooking is easy as shit. If you can read you can follow basic instructions that usually amount to around 5 steps. Soylent is overpriced retard garbage.. you're better off buying 2 chili dogs and eating an ON men's multi or something. The whole idea of soylent was probably developed by liberal man children who wanted to make an easy buck. Lazy fags that don't care about their appearance beyond getting a hair cut and wearing hipster clothes wanting an easy solution to food. "Like fuck dude if I eat this I won't have to worry about anything". The sad part is the people that developed and marketed soylent probably made a killing off of retards like this. So good for them.. if they tested their own product on themselves.. and it gave them the bright idea to ripoff a bunch of people.. maybe it does work as intended.

probably be a good idea to do 2 huels and 1 real food meal per day or you might be kill

Eat eggs you gay sissy faggot.

also no soy in huel, my tits are actually decreasing at about the same rate as my bank balance

>The whole idea of soylent was probably developed by liberal man children who wanted to make an easy buck.
Actually it was developed by jews and marketed to autistic liberal man children. Goylent Meme: It's made for sheeple

>no meat sterols
hahaha

you faggots are going to become low-t and get gyno lmao

a diet without cholesterol will drop your test levels you retards

I love the concept, but I am skeptical of the early stage research. If they could fill in micronutrient gaps and keep decreasing the cost I would take it as a supplement. I think it is a step in the right direction for the future to increase health.

Do you realize how big of a meme you are kid?

>make constructive post
>wow ur a meme fagget

this is why none of us will ever get laid

>Goylent Meme
>a step in the right direction for the future to increase health
It's literally cancer. It's twice as expensive as normal food, worse for your colon, worse for your gainz, and worse for your heart. It is shit and will turn you into a sissy gayboi with gyno. Ironically this is what it was designed to do.

>not using your jaw muscles, absolutely degenrate

lol at close minded fgt, literally nothings been invented by somebody not trying things...not gon make it.

>close minded
Wanna know how I know you just got off the train from /r/fitness kid?

I think you're both faggots. :^)

anyone who uses "kid" in an argument is n honorary faget

Hey, that's exactly why I'm interested in this. Besides, it's still probably more nutritional than dfac.

Why don't you cum over here and succ me off kid.

Just get dem natty gains from sucking off your fellow man bruhs. Nothing gay about it, perfect protein source with added hormones to make you extra strong brehs. It's not gay it's science.

Hey faggot, there's no nutritional value in sperm.

>thinking semen and sperm are the same thing
bruh call me when you're out of middle school eh

There also no nutritional value in semen, gaylord.

Reminder that an all soy diet ruined this guys life.

Also it's not new, its just PediaSure with an edgy new look.

its basically the same as eggwhite

It's 100% protein with an ideal amino acid profile plus ideal sterols. 1 gallon of semen a day and you will become the NATTY KING.

Man, I feel sorry for you. To know that this is the lie dangled off the first dick you sucked that eventually became the lie your cum guzzling life has become. How's it feel to be some old man's cock sleeve?

>v1.5
>tastes like soy

That's impressive since 1.5 gets its protein from brown rice
Thanks for the bait though

Oh Cosmo. How I miss thee.

what happened

I love it

>It's a who baited who episode

If I were to compare it to soy milk I wouldn't say that their flavor profile is that off.

I eat it for breakfast. It makes mornings really easy before work.

It's an easy way to spot teenagers, because they are constantly paranoid about being viewed as a child rather than an adult. Normal adults would never have the thought of referring to an internet stranger that disagrees with them as "kid", because they don't regularly talk to or have debates with kids. Only kids call each other kids.

he went on an all soylent diet and then all of a sudden he goes full tranny and his life has been a fucking trainwreck since

I use it because it makes people asshurt, kid.

I do it for breakfast. It's so incredibly easy and covers your bases nutritionally. Keeps me feeling satisfied until lunch.

I usually cant stomach an actual meal for breakfast but I actually find myself craving for a soylent when I wake up.

Going on soylent for your full diet seems pretty retarded though. No way they can have every possible nutrient in there, you will end up deficient in something.

>eating breakfast
>not doing IF
enjoy cancer and gyno fgt

>doing prolonged IF without using anabolics

enjoy your HPTA dysfunction

My brother got me a 2 month supply as a gag gift last year.

Lost 20lbs, was always thinking about food and my lifts went into the shitter.

Still got a few bags of the shit in my pantry

Did it turn you gay?

>>choline bitartrate (not bioavailable and requires YUGE amounts to ACTUALLY get you your daily dose, eat eggs faggots)
It's less bioavailable than other forms of choline, but 200-400 should be fine per day.

Almost!

Men I watch Alex Jones so I know the FDA is a Jew organization to control you.

Face it, if you don't eat at least a dozen eggs per day you are probably low-t and skinnyfat.

JEWS ARE YOU CRAZY?

NO IT'S THE NAZIS! THE SPACE NAZIS! THE FASCIST SPACE NAZIS ARE TRYING TO KILL US BY MAKING FISH PEOPLE AND PUTTING CHEMICALS IN THE WATER! BUT YOU CAN BE SAVED IF YOU BUY MY FILTERS! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! NAZIS!

>don't have car
>End up freezing or buying froze. Stuff just so I have food for the next time I ask for a grocery run favor
>Most frozen shit tastes horrible
>Most breads milk eggs etc. End up going bad.
>Usually overeat calories because of difficult in counting complicated recipes/ not like fish or chicken

Honestly might try this but I love cooking way too much.

literally walk to the grocery you bitch ass nigga wtf

>tfw soylent green is peeple

I do slim fast powder in whole milk with a multivitamin. Only real food I eat is grilled chicken breast

so much disinfo and hate from people who havent actually researched it or tried it. what a bunch of fags.

soylents are perfect for people who have other things they want to do instead of
> spending 10-30 minutes cooking one meal
> calculating the calories of that meal
> determining the macros hit from that meal
> paying over $10 for that meal (easy as fuck when you eat out for lunch)
> deciding what to eat. every. day.

if you enjoy all that, fine, fuck you, dont use soylent you faggot.

i use something similar called keto fuel for keto cuts. it's cinnamon and tastes 500x better than Soylent.
> makes cutting easy as pie.
> takes less than 1 minute to make a pitcher for the whole day in a blender.
> less than $4 a meal

if you think "real food" has some special magical ingredients your body needs but they can't figure out how to put into a soylent, you are a fucking moron.

I have a subscription and drink roughly one a day.
The taste isn't unpleasant, though it is bland, and it reminds me of the boca burgers and rice milk I grew up on.
It's good cutting food and it's also good crippling depression, still need-to-eat-something food. Give it a shot.

>less than $4 a meal
I can feed myself my mum and my little brother for 4$ fgt

>t reminds me of the boca burgers and rice milk I grew up on.

Literally raised to be a low-test beta.