DON'T FALL FOR THE Veeky Forums MEME

>finally hit 4pl8 dead, 3pl8 squat, 2pl8 bench, and 1pl8 overhead press @ 6'1 200lbs
>all the sudden my confidence has changed
>feeling so good about myself, feeling strong, alpha. Like I could take anyone. Start wearing nicer fitting clothes, groom myself more.
>Guys start looking at me more. I can tell they're jealous and insecure around me
>all the sudden girls start noticing me out in public
>feeling Veeky Forums as fuck
>decide I wanna be even more alpha and fit
>did a free drop in at a boxing gym last night
>the pre-warm up was 20 minutes of skipping
>my calves crammed up after 5 minutes
>I couldn't keep a good pace going
>the rope kept getting tangled around my legs
>okay, that's fine, no big deal. I was used to skip in gym class in elementary school.
>we get to the next warm up exercise
>100 situps, 50 pushups, 100 Squats
>Everyone around me finished doing all 3 before I even finished 100 situps. We moved on, the guy said I didn't have to finish
>embarrassing.jpg
>the next warmup which we immediately jumped into was those foot work drills like ladders and these mini hurdle things
>my fucking lungs and calves couldn't take it. I was wheezing and my muscles were locking up
>I felt so slow
>I had to sit out for a few minutes and this 160lb 5'8 dweeb came up to me and asked if I was okay

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=8% body fat 200 pounds
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I felt like saying "YEAH I'M OKAY YOU FUCKING MANLET CUNT LEAVE ME ALONE" but I simply nodded and kept it short so he would leave me alone
>The last warmup was hitting the bag for 5 minutes.
>On paper that sounds easy, but the way they wanted you to hit it was all out 100% aggressive power shots
>I couldn't fucking keep this up for a single minute. I'm serious. My arms where sore from the pushups and my stamina was killed from everything else
>The 5 minutes was finally over. I was fucking drained. Like the warmup is harder than my workouts I've spent doing for 2 years? I gotta say. My ego was a little hurt and my confidence took an even bigger hit
>I decided this wasn't for me, and while everyone was getting their drinks having a quick break, I snuck to the changeroom, and quickly snuck out out the door
>Fucking embarrassing. I'm 100% sure they saw me, but I didn't turn around, and I didn't look back
>I will never go back again

Fuck you Veeky Forums. You lied to me. You told me I would get Veeky Forums from reading the sticky, from dieting. You told me I would be alpha and manly. So why the fuck did I just feel like a completely helpless slog around a group of 150-170lb manlets? What the fuck?

faggot

You sound like a bit of a softcock, m8
Saged

>Never do cardio
>bad at cardio

REALLY GOT MY NOGGIN JOGGIN.

Thats what you get for avoiding cardio

What's with fit's aversion to cardio? Has no one here ever been in the military?

I DID 30 MINUTES OF CARDIO TWICE A WEEK ON OFF DAYS YOU FUCKING MORONS

It's called conditioning. You have none.

Walking doesn't count

Thirty minutes of what?

Jogging at a bitch pace?

>200 fucking lbs and deadlifts 4 plates
>OP thinks he is strong

OP, those manlets are propably also stronger than you.

30 MINUTES OF RUNNING UP A HIKING TRIAL NEAR MY HOUSE. YOU ARE WRONG AGAIN Veeky Forums

WRONG AGAIN

You are obviously not fit.

i'd advise you to grow some balls and go train again

Cardio not much of a meme now huh

>people who never do cardio exist

I am lmaoing at you so fucking hard rn dude you should be embarassed as fuck.

Keep doing it though, you can only get better from here.

We got another one, boys!

Half an hour really isn't a whole lot honestly. Especially if it's only twice a week.

Maybe you should learn how to actually be confident instead of needing to be the best and have others feel insecure around you.
You sound like a real fag from the way you talk and insult people who are being friendly to you

>200lbs

yer fat lad

>get good at lifting weights
>do minimal if any cardio
>go to a class of a sport that is 90% cardio and coordination
>"BROS WHY IS THIS SO HARD Veeky Forums LIED TO ME"
Hurr durr. Good thing you bitched out before they got to sparring, or else that 5'8 160lb dweeb would have taken a massive shit on whatever confidence you had left.

>implying you have good cardio

8% bf

If it was wrestling that little dweeb would be crushed.

this so much

I also believe OP's story is true because this is what happened to me when I started martial arts and it's what I see happening to every big dude who starts doing it

strength and size are completely different things from cardio, power, kinesthetic sense and lactic acid removal (not sure if this last term is correct, more like anaerobic endurance)

Just keep going. You will feel even better when you can both lift and power through that boxing workout.

There's also not many things that build more bro-dom than sparring. You have nothing to prove to anyone, just go there, get even fitter and have some fun.

Also the guy who goes check on you is the broest of them all, treasure that kind of dude.

That's not even enough to warm most boxers up before the real cardio starts. Just sounds like you underestimated people who workout for reasons besides getting big.

DYEL detected. Shoo shoo spookey skeletal!

I'm 5'7" 155lbs and stronger than you. You're pathetic.

OP why do you care if you can't do gay boxing shit it's literally just cardio. it's like complain you can't run a marathon when all you do is lift heavy ass fucking weights

We do approximately 1.5 hours of cardio for rowing every other day.

Veeky Forums, don't skip the cardio. If you can't find motivation or find it boring join a sport. Worried about your gains? Eat more. All the benefits in heart and endurance, none of the weight loss

this poster right here

> Good thing you bitched out before they got to sparring, or else that 5'8 160lb dweeb would have taken a massive shit on whatever confidence you had left.
that would have been perfect

A wrestler would tool you around even worse. At least with a boxer you have a chance of getting a lucky shot in after you gas out 30 seconds into the first round and he stops taking you seriously. But at least you can dl 4pl8 bro, good job :^)

Post body

>thinking a 30 minute jog is enough to compete with athletes
>thinks he'll just show up and style on everyone there

lmao, you should have just stuck with it,
If your precious ego is damaged so easily you should just give up lifting entirely

t.Rugby player

>finally hit 4pl8 dead, 3pl8 squat, 2pl8 bench, and 1pl8 overhead press @ 6'1 200lbs

not only are you probably just lying about all this shit, if this story even actually happened you're guaranteed just fat either way

maybe do cardio then retard. even once a week is ok

try and run up a steep incline hill for 30 minutes

I bet you could barely run 30 minutes on a flat surface. lmao

Doing a 30 minute jog (you don't run, you jog, you don't need to lie to me) a handful of times a week is the lifting equivalent of a high rep brosplit for 30 minutes 3 times a week then wondering why you can't outlift the local powerlifters

to answer your snarky reddit reply I do pic related for two days and have a 2.5-3 hour practices 3 days a week, and practice involves lots and lots of sprinting

Cardio to keep your heart from exploding is not the same as athletic cardio

>I bet you could barely run 30 minutes on a flat surface. lmao
Did you miss this part?
>t.Rugby player
If you showed up at my practice you would leave during the warm ups, crying, again just like in your boxing adventure

maybe if you did cardio your conditioning wouldn't be so poor...

Sounds like a poorly thought out conditioning program. Don't waste your money or time there again OP.

>Following Veeky Forums advice
>Thinking anything other than attitude can make you less of a beta bitch.
Fuckin idiot.

Chances are that if any of those guys who were smoking you in the boxing gym tried to OHP/Bench/squat/diddle a fraction of 1/2/3/4 they would hurt themselves.

Fitness is usually specialized but now that you've gotten pretty good at one aspect you can maintain and focus on other aspects of Veeky Forumsness

30 minutes of cardio a week is literally old lady fitness

2/10 For making me reply to this bait.

>Plyometrics and HIIT
This. Rugby bro knows his shit.

AHAHAHAHA

FAGGOT

>MUH HEIGHT
>MUH COUNTING CALORIES

Blaming Veeky Forums for being greedy about fitness and alpha.

Tough shit user. Yours is a story anyone who has ever picked up a children's book has heard hundreds of times before.

You're still 200lbs and that sounds like a fucking retarded warm-up anyway. You don't need that much shit to get warm.

Sorry bro, those numbers arent cool anymore. You need a 6 plate deadlift, 5 plate squat, 3 plate bench.

>Fuck you Veeky Forums
>Win World's Strongest Man
>Get BTFO at World's Fastest Man
>Veeky Forums is a meme

Here's an improved version user

Because you're a stupid faggot.

>I decided this wasn't for me, and while everyone was getting their drinks having a quick break, I snuck to the changeroom, and quickly snuck out out the door

You waste of space! Being Veeky Forums isn't about giving up when it gets a little hard. Dude, just give everything up, don't even try.

weak af desu. I bet you're one of those tiny Rugby manlet players that tells everyone he plays Rugby

you'd gas the fuck out running up a hill.

btfo. I'm not OP btw. lmao. you're a fucking moron

Boxing is notoriously exhausting in its training. It's unlikely that the majority of those guys could keep up with one of YOUR strength-based workouts. Different goals, different disciplines. Just don't jump off the horse yet, maybe this could be a new challenge for you now that you've reached the fabled 1/2/3/4. It would take some real fucking balls to go back again after walking out, and rather than being shameful, you'd probably just find nothing but respect there

This. OP's buff fatass got fucking obliterated. Thanks for the infograph, rugboy. I've always been sketchy about HIIT because it just seemed to complicated but I'll probably save this to keep in mind for my cardio rest days.

Ross Enamait, the guy who wrote infinite intensity, is a pro boxer who does mostly calisthenics and he Deadliftet nearly 500 pounds his first time ever trying it.

> 8% body fat 200 lbs

lmgtfy.com/?q=8% body fat 200 pounds

Keep dreaming, OP.

>30 minutes a week
lmao, even 30 minutes every other day is not good enough.

interesting cardio routine

If I follow your drills will I increase my sprint speed/explosiveness and gain some leg muscles?

Also. Do you squat? If so, how do you fit it in your schedule?

so how much should you do cardio when you squat 3 days a week and sometimes deadlift twice a week?

>lift weights to gain strength
>spend nearly all of the time exercising on building strength (at least six times more time spent lifting than performing cardio)
>can't do cardio/endurance work
>gets mad that he can't do cardio, proclaims everything to be a lie

There are different types of fitness. If I told you I was going to become the world's best pianist ever, wouldn't you be right to call me an idiot for spending 600% more time practicing the didgeridoo than the piano?

>Running for 30 minutes. "Uphill."
>can't skip rope for 5 minutes.

OK bud

>does strength training
>gains strength and muscle
>gets mad because he didn't gain stamina

Skipping rope is harder when you have shit rhythm and coordination.

Well you don't do enough obviously, if you're getting rekt by fucking footwork drills.

Run 5 days a week for 30 minutes.
Sore buttocks and back is no excuse for not running.

did you really expect to have mastered something in less than one session? you weigh 200 pounds faggot those things are harder for you to do. the whole point of having you do those is to work up your endurance to be able to. now get back there and fucking complete that session. no one will judge you infact they will probably respect your choice to go back after that embarassing display. go or fucking kys

it literally says it strong lifts that cardio is irrelevant and doing it will will decrease your strength gains.

I guess if you squat 135lbs like you you can run 5 days a week for 30 minutes, but those of us squatting 400lbs+ 3 days a week need the rest days.

Hey if you want to be a strongman but run out of breath going up a flight of stairs because you're 265 lbs and you fear the treadmill, thats on you.
You're strong but don't expect people to call you fit or healthy, because it isn't.

>power shots
>warm up

This guy gets it. Very inspiring post. Idk why but the right mix of degredation and got get em enthusiasm pumps me up. I'm not op btw.

Pretty much this desu.

Cardio and muscular gains complement each other up to a point, but past that point of equilibrium one or the other will suffer.

>the way they wanted you to hit it was all out 100% aggressive power shots
They probably just demonstrated punching a heavy bag with proper form and OP mistook it for a "power shot".

FUCKERS

bench those manlets

Those numbers are pretty weak.
Sub bodyweight OHP
Barely bodyweight bench
Barely 1.5 bodyweight squat
Sub 2 bodyweight deadlifts.

Stop being a little bitch and do some actual cardio on your days off

Veeky Forums is forum for getting fucking huge and aesthetic to get mires, not for becoming the best athlete in the world
if u wanna be a complex athlete then run and do various sports
common sense

Boxing is fucking dumb. I went once they made you do crunches while some goon punched you in the abs. No thanks I'll just buy a gun.

No he didn't.

do you even run?

this, another DYER faggot

>Heavy ass fucking weights

I imagined giant iron dildos with kettlebell handles

>cardio kills gains
it's just science bro
>need a fucking day to rest after sitting down and standing back up a few times
weak sauce mate, the fucking sauce is fucking weak
>irrelevant
do you want to be fit, or do you want to be Veeky Forums? they're two different things, and you should've realized that in the time it took you to able to lift that much
if you want to be ACTUALLY PHYSICALLY FIT, you need to do cardio and endurance training along with resistance training

The guy who wrote stronglifts is renowned for being an idiot.

Rip advises you to do prowler and hiit a day or two a week.

I took boxing and I've developed some fighting skills and an appreciation for practitioners. You realize how unfair a real fight between you and an untrained noob would be.
It takes patience and determination to get good at anything.

>there are 168 hours in a week
>you spent maybe one of them doing minor conditioning

Weird how getting good at one thing doesn't automatically make you just as good at everything tangentially related to it.

>not doing hard cardio every off day
not gon' make it brah

Jesus christ, after squatting 315 you didn't develop any mental discipline you fucking pussy, being shit at something new is fine, but being a little bitch will never be nut up and go back if you wanna do it. When brett favre got fucking mullered repeatedly, you think he didnt want to quit, but he kept going becuase he had some mental toughness and didnt wanna lose his job

That's shit cardio senpai

>thinks a rugby player can't run up a hill
>doesn't know rugby players spend 80 minutes running across a field with other rugby players hanging off them

>being this much of a whiny bitch
go back and try again. Keep doing it till you get better.

babbyweight for your size

It's almost as if bodybuilding training and boxing training are completely different things!

You sound like a massive fucktard and should just kill yourself

This guy knows whats up.
>t. rugger

yeah but you're gay lol how does that feel?

You sound like you have huge ego problems. Wish you wouldve got to sparring so that little manlet had a chance to knock some humbleness into you.

Its amazing how training for strength is different than training for stamina and speed.

Go the fuck back to the boxing gym and expand your horizons and learn to fight instead of wimping out because waaaah its too hard.

>1pl8 ohp at 200lbs
Oh yeah
Real fit

>waaah why didn't weight training prepare me for cardio and muscular endurance

I hope this story is true you absolute moron

>not doing cardio because of a meme
>expecting to have any endurance

It's like putting a golf cart motor in a muscle car. Might look alright but it's not going anywhere.

>why wasn't i up to the same standard of fitness as everyone else on my very first try?

What did he mean by this?