Weighted Sleeves

Are there any weighted sleeves out there made out of a material that I could literally wear 24/7 without it harming my skin? Like I could wear them in the shower and in bed and it wouldn't be a problem.
I love the idea of slowly building up concealed weights until I'm carrying 25lbs on each limb and not even noticing it, exercising without exercising because I'm just doing my standard daily routine etc.
inb4 rock lee

I laughed, OP.

Nice try, OP. I'm not falling for this bait twice....

now i will be able to fight freely!

but I'm serious...

This isn't bait, why wouldn't this work anyway? I don't have the time to work-out, if I did this I could be getting gains without impacting on my busy schedule. I could literally get gains in my sleep (i roll over a lot) so why is it a silly idea?

enjoy elbow tendonitus

You should put one around your neck for when you sleep so you can get those henry rollins gains

Is that why? I'm genuinely curious. What if you put them on your upper arms instead?

Do you like anime by chance, OP?

not really, I do like actual answers though

wearing weights on any part of your body that swings is a recipe for rekt joints and tendons.

The closer they are to your shoulders the lighter they'll feel. To be honest, there is literally no reason to have weighted sleeves, unless you're planning on drowning yourself.

You'll fuck up your joints, retard.

As everyone else said, joint damage.
For anyone considering this, please do not buy these. You will suffer cumulative stress injuries on your ligaments and tendons.

How is it different from lifting weights though?

Not OP, but what about a vest?

you plan on running around and doing dbz shit
A lot of military guys have fucked up knees and backs from carrying heavy shit all day

Guys and girls*
It's 2017, this isn't a "guys" world anymore.

Is it absolutely impossible to talk about the many different options available on the market for weighted vests and sleeves here, without everybody responding "HURR DURR DBZ NARUTO LOL" and no-one giving actual proper answers and discussion?

How come it worked for Goku?

He's a alien dummy

We are aliens too
Relative to Goku

omg ur right I never thought that

I'm sure this is bait, but weighted clothing is a meme. People watch anime and this idea that doing shit while wearing it will make them stronger like Goku. In real life, that's not how it works. Strength is built by high intensity, low reps. Sleeves, vests, etc do not put sufficient load on the muscle. They simply wear out your joints and ligaments.

There are only two legitimate choices for weighted clothing items:

1. Add resistance to bodyweight exercises, such as leg lifts or decline crunches.

2. Microload heavy lifts if you are having trouble making progress (a pair of 2.5 gloves can allow you to advance by five pounds when you are struggling to add ten.)

The only use for this shit is yoga, or a martial art that still teaches holding a static stance.

Op, as everyone has pointed out, joint damage is the primary concern. Obviously, if it was only weight, it doesn't make sense that it would be damaging.
Now think for a moment about how you affix this weight to your body.
> tight elastic cuffs
> rings
> belts/straps
Regardless of the material, external pressure gets applied wherever you've chosen to wear the weight.

Every joint has tendons to manipulate the joint in the nearest muscle group (What did you think those muscles were for,obviously ocean is indeed blue.) So by placing pressure, you've restricted the movement AND increased the load, in many cases you create shear forces through movements that had none. (Like in squats. Good form = no knee pain, bad form shear forces on knee rip knees apart.) Imagine having poor form at best case scenario for all movements.

Short term, there can be massive benefit potential.
Long term... Instead of time to heal, you're just subjecting it to never-ending wear and tear. Soldiers and marines are excellent case studies as to how this fucks you up. (Running in an ibm (35 - 60 lbs depending on kit) is extremely painful afterwards. I'd rather ruck 120-200lbs of ammo with a 240 than run long distances in ibm.

They're still marketed though, and surely what you're saying has been proven, so are they knowingly selling damaging products?

More interestingly though, with this knowledge, could Veeky Forums develop a weighted sleeve that wouldn't suffer from these problems? Could it be done?

Sleeve? No

The best you could do would be a weighted vest that does a decent job of distributing the load over the torso. Which would be usable for light cardio and loading bodyweight exercises, but not much else.

this u fuking trumpturd bigots

Maybe a sleeve that only gripped onto the lower arm between muscle groups, along the bone, though I'm not sure how that would be possible without having it bolted in.

Because you are not lifting weights throughout the whole day. Also the shoulder is a very delicate set of muscles that can easily be stressed by everyday movements.

Sleeves are sold to be used for exercise, not be worn 24/7

But could it be done? design a light weighted sleeve to be worn 24/7, to tone muscles through everyday movement?

I feel ya man I just wanna do the dempsey roll

you're on the wrong board user Veeky Forums is too muscle-headed to answer, maybe try Veeky Forums?

>toned

Fucking triggered m8

h-HE'S REMOVING THE LIMITERS

People like you make me think Veeky Forums live in their own little fantasy world.

lmao this niglet thinking he's son goku

enjoy the arthritis faggot

>weighted sleeves

But it worked for humans that trained under Master Roshi(krillin, grandpa Gohan)

"Wow what a great idea this is that surely no one has ever thought of besides me, I'm so smart. Good thing no one thought of this great idea like me or it would be a huge thing that everyone does all the time because its such an easy way to gain strength!"
-op

I have them for drum corps, but that's just because I have to hold an instrument up infront of me for 15-ish minutes so the increased resistance during practice makes the shows easier