Qtddtot

Previous thread at bump limit

Do DL's work out your glutes?

Yes. It isn't hit "directly" tho. For glutes, do bulgarian split squats, goodmornings, very wide lunges and/or hip thrusts (!)

Please rate the routine in pic related. Meant to be done twice a week.

is 5x5 a meme for strength or will it actually build muscle faster than 8-12 reps?

For strength, it's definitely not a meme, especially if it's done in a LP program.

I'm lifting and doing cardio later today. Is it okay to stretch between them?

???
Of course it is...

I know it's a dumb question but I usually don't do them on the same day.

Can I get a BF estimate?, I tried online calculators with the US Navy formula and I don't think I'm 14-15%.

I'm 6'2" and 176

If I take big whiffs of my sister in laws dirty panties before a workout will it increase my test levels?

Probably

18%-20%

Best Excercises for Abs?

Retarded/10

Why?

I redistributed the leg days of a PPL into the PP days...

Added alternating bicep curls to my SS routine. Are my forearms supposed to be this tight? It feels like they got worked more than my biceps

So I hit my shoulders pretty hard yesterday, and they were a little too sore to complete my swimming session today. Should I still do my yoga today since my routine has some pretty solid shoulder stretches?

i'm eating ~3200 calories a day, but having diarrhea quite a bit and not gaining weight. would a digestive enzyme help? Never had gut problems before.

should my lower back hurt from deadlifts?

I'm not very flexible at all. When I squat to depth, I always exhibit a "butt wink."

Is this dangerous? What can I do to fix this issue?

Happens; try diffrent Curls and squeze your bicep more.
maybe Hammer Curls

No, maybe sore but not hurt.
descompres and form check

Could help. Maybe more fermented foods.
Do you drink much alcohol?
Also get out the sweetners.

Yes, do it.
movements helps with doms.
also warm-cold showers and sleep

Excessiv Butt wink is bad, but a little bit ok.
try Limber 11 to get more mobile

What does my bodyweight to lift ratio have to be for OHP, bench, squat and DL before I can consider myself strong?

Happened to me when I started, more than likely just a sign you're working your grip strength.

is it better to masturbate pre workout or post?

I normally don't have privacy post workout so its a lot more inconvenient but is masturbating before a workout bad?

I think you're overtraining but wasting time with two many rest days. I'm no professional but I think splitting that into two upper body and two lower body days per week would make it more efficient.

I tend to be more aggressive if I go awhile without jerking off which can help on PR days but otherwise it's pretty negligible.

Planks, ab wheel, weighted incline situps

Did for me

do you honestly think you do just as well if you fap before it?

Deadlift 2-2,5 x BW
OHP 1xBW

Bench+ Squat according to bodytyp etc.

Are lateral raises better for hypertrophy at 8 or 15 reps?

Eating clean, no added sugar in anything or artificial sweetners, no alcohol.

How quickly am I supposed to rep a set of 5 deadlifts? I feel like you're supposed to do them quickly but I can't catch my breath between them.

sumo squat for glutes

Can anyone recommend me a good heavy conditioning routine that doesn't require much equipment? Also no exploding knees thx

Do the valsalva maneuver and take a few breaths in between each rep. Google the term

In terms of nutrition, the sticky says that I should consumer roughly 2500 calories per day. I weigh 165 and am 5'11.

The starting strength revised link in the sticky then says you need to eat 3000-3500 calories per day. That is quite a difference, upwards of 1000 calories.

I already have a little too much pudge around my middle, so I don't want to over do it.

Macros and fibre?
Chewing/eating speed?

Look for breathing ladders with burpes or Kettlebell Swings

also interval training.
(10× 30sec go 2:30rest with something hard; hill sprints f.e )

Proteinshake+calories around workout.
less fat, still muscle building

Does anyone drink beer every night while lifting. I mean I know it's robbing me but I love beer. I make sure it fits my calorie limit but fuck how bad is it?

If you're stalling on your lifts but still gaining weight, is that mostly going to be just fat? Should I stop bulking?

It varies heavily person to person, look up a TDEE calculator

Alcohol dehydrates you, fucking up your recovery. It's hard to measure, but it will make you progress slower than you would otherwise both in strength and aesthetics. Excessive water drinking and maybe a multivitamin a day would help compensate.

White girls ruin everything holy fuck

It's only like 1 beer a day some days none. I'm fine with slower I got all life. Gonna peep some multis though

Is it weird tht my deadlift is so far ahead od my bench?
DL:365
Bench: 185x5

I alternate between
Squat 5x5/Bench 10x5/DL 5x5
and
Squat 5x5/OHP 10x5/Clean 5x5/DL 1x5
and i run on every rest day

How retarded am i and what should i change? I just started, my lifts are horribly low.
They're going up though now that i'm forcefeeding myself whey and oats.
Should i add stuff like pull ups? Curls? Dips? In what order?
Oh and my lower back seems to be sore/hurting all the time and its hindering my runs. I'm hoping it will go away when i get used to it.
The reason why i DL on both A and B is because i want faster progress.
My goal isn't strength, its aesthetics. And since i'm i'm naturally lean at 60kg at 5'9'' all i basically need is gain weight and lift heavy right?
And i don't use an oly bar, i use a regular. The weights still spin if i don't screw the thing all the way so i think its fine.

Not really. Lotta people deadlift close to double their bench if they train the two equally.

Does depend a lot on bodyweight and proportions though.

DO I LIFT WHEN I'M TIRED YEA OR NAY

I was absolutely wasted after today and didn't get to the gym until 8. I had enough energy to halfass my 5 mile warmup and like two sets of dumbell presses and I quit. should I have forced myself through a whole routine? I felt like i wanted to crawl in and out of the gym on my hands and knees.

>start ss
>big nig questions why I did my 3 exercises and finished in 12 min

why you big meany niggy

this is embarassing

Lmao yeah, but try to do cardio first, better for muscle fatigue and gains.

Is he big? Is he friendly?

tell him you're on a program and this is today's lifts. If he wants to chat about it, get his opinion on your shit and what he does, because if he is big, he is winning, and you are not, and you should value his free input as a gym bro

All my numbers are still low but according to symmetric strength I'm at intermediate?
Should I move onto an intermediate program? I've been having trouble linearly progressing.

Can duck feet posture be correct due to the femur being rotated

he said I should workout more, but i get doms from 3 exercises so why even

Can my rotated femur correct my duck walk

People tell me I have broad shoulders, but what the fuck does broad shoulders even mean

DOMS isn't helped by working out less, it's actually helped by working out more.

Adaptation is how DOMS becomes less of an issue but that can only happen if you are hitting those muscles with the right amount of rest in between. If you are a n00b then you should be working different muscle groups at least twice a week. Your body can easily recover from your workouts and you'll make gains quickly.

Who is this? I have another

Is juicing a meme? Not in the sense of meal replacement, but as in getting in your veggel needs. Is it just more efficient than eating the vegges and fruits?

Can someone suggest a routine with these constraints?
Strength level- 15 push-ups 2 pullups
Equipment available
Gym at college - squat rack, bench, ~140 kg

Home- two adjustable dumbbells going up to 20 kg each, pullups bar, black wodfitters resistance band, exercise ball, bike.

I prefer working out at home if that makes a difference.

yes, juicing is actually less healthy than just eating cooked or raw veggies.

Ask a physiotherapist not a Taiwanese swan rearing board.
Stick to lp as much as you can but if it's really demotivating you, mix it up

It's been a 6 month period where I progressively am able to lift more, but my weight and overall looks stay the same. Is the period after noob gains this tough?

big nips%

It can be. Recomping is generaly a slow process, which is why most people would rather do bulking and cutting cycles.

Is 2% skimmed milk bad? What should i get instead

And when it comes to bulking and cutting, it really is as simple as counting calories for a few months right? The workouts themselves don't change?

Generally they do change a bit. If you're gaining weight, you've got better recovery ability (usually) so you push up the workload to make sure you're getting the most out of things. When you're losing weight, your recovery is compromised so the workload has to go down a bit to compensate. The exact amount depends on what you can tolerate - in both cases you want to be working kind of at the edge of what you can recover from.

HELLO STIL TIRED U GUISE

My middle back hurts
How fix?
it hurts when i lay down on the bench but only right before i get into the right position, like right when my head touches the bench and my back is still up. It also hurts when I run, and hurts at random times when I use those muscles or that bone or whatever.

I've done all the back-cracking things ive seen online and cracked basically everything above and below where the pain is but not in the right place.

It feels tense when I hang from a bar, but it doesn't crack. feels like it will crack soon when I'm hanging from a bar, so what can i do while hanging to help it crack?

Well now I know what to do for the next three-ish months. Thanks.

Someone pls answer I can't do 3/4 compound lifts because of it and can't do a few of my other lifts because they put pressure on it (front plate raises fucking murder it)

Whole milk is better, 2% isn't necessarily bad but it's missing some vitamins and junk.

stop fucking with it. Rest. Take a week off.

When are you suppose to wear a belt for deadlifts? I'm at 4plate and still only use straps. I'm not hitching or grinding but I don't know when I should get a belt.

Whenever you feel like it. A belt can be useful but its never required.

on a cut

it's late but I'm craving food at my limit. Should I have coffee? I'm worried I'll be too jittery.

please respond

I want to start working out. How long would it take to get out of skelly mode?

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 135 lbs

Not that long if you eat enough

Is it true weight gets harder to drop the lower you get. Started at 320 and now at 260. It's been easy so far I just aim for 175g protein and 1800-2100 calories per day.

Will it be this ez the whole time?

Hellloooooooo

I did the dumb broad said "maybe you're born like that I don't know."

ive been cutting for a week now my biceps look smaller and flater, help me

How acceptable/common is farting during a yoga class?

I've been doing yoga at home and between the protein intake and the poses, I fart at least 3 times during a session. I'd like to take classes at some point, but not if I turn the studio into a toxic air quality zone

BRRRRRRAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPP

are you on keto? it's because (in the absolute most basic way to put it) carbs fill up muscles and without carbs, muscles don't fill up.

It might be that you lost water weight in your fat, it's a good thing to lose water weight as long as you still drink a good amount of water

not keto, about 150-200g of carbs a day but my training is really high volume, maybe that depletes those glycogen stores?

you're obese so your body gets plenty of food and is able to cannibalize fat, ez pz. Once you get closer to 200 you're going to notice that it's not going as fast as it used to. Getting into the 180 range it will be noticeably more difficult simply due to the fact that your body expends less calories, yet you need the same amount as before to function.

You'll still be able to lose it, you just have to be patient.

>be me
>in gym
>ask guy who i saw using decline bench earlier if hes still using it
>he says no, hes on the hyperextension thing next to it
>go to do decline twists with a plate
>on second rep I let out a huge fart
>he's in the up position of the hyperextension
>fart is basically going directly onto his face
>had drank a bunch of whey that morning and the day before
>tfw protein farted right in some poor old man's face

I'm pretty new to lifting. Just started lifting constantly for about 3 weeks. I'm going more for aestethics than strength but both are great. I have the time to lift 5 days a week (currently doing P,P,off,P,P,L,off

would it be better to rest more and lift only 4 or 3 days a week instead? is 5 days a week for a novice overtraining

The inferior portion of your glute max activates with extension

the superior portion and glute medius work with increasing degrees of external rotation

yes

when you're a novice it might be excessive, but only if you're training the same muscles within 2-3 days. If you're not getting tired and making progress, keep doing it.

>125x125

solve the problem alluded in your first statement

hamstrings mainly, but dont ignore everything else ffs

your hamstrings lengthen as you go into the squat

if they can no lengthen enough, your hips then change position so they dont rip in half, I.e. butt wink

sorry

4 max

recovery is half the battle

does training 6 times a week for 1 hour - 1 hour 30 count in my TDEE calculator? the value are very different and it might explain why I felt tired at 1700 calories