Is interintermittent fasting bullshit or a hoax? has anyone tried it?

is interintermittent fasting bullshit or a hoax? has anyone tried it?

results?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2686332
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22608008?dopt=AbstractPlus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fasting can be good for you. It just depends on why you're doing it and what your diet is like.

Hoax

IF got me 6% bodyfat and all my lifts went up, it's better than steroids

It works.
Less eating time means more weight lost.
it can also raise growth hormone and test just by not eating for 11-24 hours.

IF is just a "trick" for you to eat less calories throughout the day. It's a "diet" that keeps you from eating as much since you only have a small eating window of 6-8 hours.

In the end it's all about calories in and calories out.

However, a lot of people do believe in fasted cardio. And your body is supposedly only in a fasted state if you haven't eaten for 12-16 hours, which is why IF pairs so well with fasted cardio for maximum fat burn.

I've lost 16kg in six months on Intermittent fasting.
It is easier not to worry what to take to eat at work. What is good You will drink more water to kill the hunger, sometimes coffe.
It requires time to get used to. I am an office worker so I don't do phisical labor.
And I run long distances but never in fasted state.

It doesn't matter. Even if there is a benefit, it's going to be so slight, that it won't even be worth the effort.

It can work, but a lot of people on this board make the mistake of not drinking protein shakes during their fast.

If the body needs amino acids in the fasted state then it will tear down muscle to get them.

Keep protein in you and avoid fats and carbs and you'll be golden.

implying that the slightest benefit shall go ignored
>not gonna make it.

Your logic is not flawed, however, instead of protein shakes, I've found the use of BCAA's to counteract muscle tear-down to be much more effective than just taking protein shakes.

It does boost test, hgh release, AND as you stated fasted cardio is ridiculously good when paired with coffee and yohimbe.

Sauce? Genuinly interested

Bro he's over hyping the first 2 things. just the fasted cardio is a really big plus.

The boost test and hgh release is honestly something you'll never feel a difference in when you go on IF.

If the test boost and hgh release thing is even fact, it's probably something so minimal that it only matters to min maxing fitness elitists.

have done it for over a year. i can't speak to any miracle claims of more gains or less fat or w.e but man is it convenient. i continue to do it for this reason alone

ppl say its 4x hgh levels rise
never saw a real study though
tried doing it but as a hungry skeleton manlet idk if its a good idea even if i hit my macros in the 8 hour windows cuz i just cant fucking focus

To naturals with working endocrine systems who don't just want to brute force their body into doing something that will shorten their lives and give them cancer and ruin their natural test production? Those "small" boosts add up.
Their body will become more accepting of those small changes and you will see and feel them whether you believe it or not.

Ever heard the story about the eagle and the mountain?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2686332

If you could explain this to me like im 5, then I'm all ears. I'm not as smart as you

will fasting help me grow if i am 18

This.

It's actually a really comfy way to live.

it certainly makes you more resistant to hunger and working out fasted is a great feeling

also my cholesterol got crazy low, i'm not sure it happened because of IF though

it basically states that Fasting up to 50 hours saw marked boosts in testosterone for morbidly obese and average weight/bmi males. With the average weight males seeing the highest boost.

The HGH boost I'm really not so sure about, but I have seen some really good gain and steady and amazing fatloss.

I'm in the middle of a refeed right now because I was dieting rather heavily and I began to plateau hard, but I plan on going back into IF with a slightly less stressful cal restriction.

No but sex will.

how
is it scientific

Nice quads

It's the only way I can keep my calories and macros where I want them

Eating small meals over the day or eating all your daily calories in one sitting is exactly the same in terms of health and weight loss / muscle gain.

Intermittent fasting is good in that it forces you to eat less and cheat less.

I have only found one problem with it (besides a bit of bloat), and it can be either irrelevant to you or extremely important depending on your job:

with intermittent fasting, you operate on a low glycemic level throughout the day. this means that, if your job requires very fine motor function in your hands, you shouldn't fast because your hands WILL slightly shake and your fine motor function will be shit.

If you're not building watches or performing surgeries, and only work in an office, it's great.

I don't think it's the same if you factor in notions such as circadian rhythm.

seriously, it's the same.

there are studies, actual legitimate studies that show there's no significant difference between eating a lot of small meals, or putting them all together and eating them all at once.

As long as you ingest a certain amount of nutrients in every 24 hour period, it's the same.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22608008?dopt=AbstractPlus

>While diet-induced obesity has been exclusively attributed to increased caloric intake from fat, animals fed a high-fat diet (HFD) ad libitum (ad lib) eat frequently throughout day and night, disrupting the normal feeding cycle. To test whether obesity and metabolic diseases result from HFD or disruption of metabolic cycles, we subjected mice to either ad lib or time-restricted feeding (tRF) of a HFD for 8 hr per day. Mice under tRF consume equivalent calories from HFD as those with ad lib access yet are protected against obesity, hyperinsulinemia, hepatic steatosis, and inflammation and have improved motor coordination. The tRF regimen improved CREB, mTOR, and AMPK pathway function and oscillations of the circadian clock and their target genes' expression. These changes in catabolic and anabolic pathways altered liver metabolome and improved nutrient utilization and energy expenditure. We demonstrate in mice that tRF regimen is a nonpharmacological strategy against obesity and associated diseases.

I know, mice.