Take antibiotics

>take antibiotics
>skin looks fabulous
>doctor gets mad and says ive been taking them too long
>turn into a pizza faced beta recluse without them

how am i supposed to contribute to society if I'm constantly needing to pop pills just to look normal?

did anybody ever defeat the acne meme? mine is so bad that the meme stuff like pillowcases and no dairy doesnt work. only thing that works for me are antibiotics

med student here

oral antibiotics are like third line therapy, should be trying cleansers, then benzoyl peroxide, then topical antibiotics and retinoids

if those all don't work then being on doxycycline longterm shouldn't be a huge deal

if that still doesn't work then acutane baby

Get accutane cunt. I'm self prescribing right now. 10/10 would recommend

>doctor

Lol nigga go to a dermatologist. Doctors just want to write you a prescription and send you off. Derms actually know about skin. There's a plethora of treatments available for acne you may not know about that could work for you

Arent doctors supposed to shill you medicine and shit? Whys he telling you to stop? Did he refer you to a surgeon instead for bigger margins?

another med student here
try to find the source of your problem
At first I thought I was allergic to fragrances in detergents, but realized it was just drying out my skin.
Half gallon of water a day fixed by bad bacne in 2 months

nigger i went to the dermatologist

>user its been two months u should be using a cleanser now!

nigger NONE of those topical work. they are ALL memes. not a single topical I have tried over my 10 years of acne has worked

>try to find the source of your problem

my skin is oily as fuck. my face is oily as fuck. my back is oily as fuck. i'm an oily cunt.

these shit tier italian genetics are a double edged sword

i dont understand why the skin on my legs and feet and everywhere except for my back and face can look normal and not produce oil but my face is this oil producing monster

should i ask my derm to switch to doxy? currently on bactrim

for me it was:
drink more water
lotion on dry face after showers
cut sugars, carb-y junk food
eat lots of fruits and vegetables

yeah less longterm issues with doxy than with bactrim honestly

some rare but significant kidney issues with bactrim as well as some bone marrow suppression

alright thanks

what about accutane. would that be better than antibiotics

accutane basically works without exception for most people but has some weird side effects

they'll just need to monitor your liver, you can't drink booze, and you can get some weird side effects like depression, really vivid dreams, weird body pain/sensations, etc

up to you but accutane definitely works the best it's just kinda like at what cost

Antibiotics are useless, you stop taking them acne comes back and worse than before. Accutane is the only and best cure, it's really a miracle drug if you are willing to brave the side effects.

suffered with acne most of highschool
never affected social life but always felt self conscious, summer before college it all cleared up then suddendly came back, idk what the fuck to do all i drink is water, eat clean as fuck, use bactrim and benzol along with other home remedies FUCK HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS

well my question is this

would long term doxycycline be safer than accutane?

sorry for quoting 3 times

accutane isn't really meant to be long-term honestly

doxycycline can be used longterm

only problem with being on doxy, mino, or tetra is that you can grow an immunity to it eventually. not good if you need it for another bacterial infection or sorts

well thanks i guess ill finish up this bactrim course then ask to switch to that

it was either this or accutane but i honestly 't want to deal with that

peace

how old are you guys? doc prescribed me the same thing and it also did wonders for my acne. that was a few years ago and now im 21. still have acne but not as bad. mainly i need to use 10% glycolic acid and my tretinoin to make skin gains (i use tretinoin right now, gotta by the glycolic acid)

anyway, he said acne should clear up by my early-mid twenties. basically when "puberty" ends

Op, I'm 22

adult acne is a bitch

yep, especially when the majority of your peers have good skin

which at that age is pretty much everybody desu

laser hair removal, ivory soap and a tretinoin/clindamycin cream

Change your diet. Dairy and high GI diets are linked to bad acne. There's a big spike in acne when dairy and western-style high calorie diets are introduced to a population (such as in japan). Cut out milk products, junk food and bread. I know it's shitty, but not as shitty as acne.

STOP washing your face with soap so often. Use just water for all bathing. Really exfoliate it. Use something with salicylic acid as well.

Drink more water and stop eating a ton of fat and cholesterol you greasy son of a bitch

kys

>drink more water
meme

what's next, 'wash your face and pillowcase'

keep the memes coming skinnormie