Does muscle = strength?

Does muscle = strength?

my bro told me bodybuilders aren't even strong

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_hypertrophy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think large muscles come from lifting heavy

The guy in that picture doesn't have muscles he has synthol.

Look at my picture OP, this is the physical limit, this is humanity left behind. You cannot get bigger than this, you CANNOT.

not necessarily true, you can hypertrophy your muscles with high reps and be weak af.
see above,
Ronnie Coleman has a 700+lb deadlift because he came from a powerlifting background, whereas I could outlift Jay Cutler on a good day.

The more muscles you have the less strength you are.

Unless you're a 400lb bencher and 600 deadlifter, I don't think you've got a shot in hell of outlifting Cutler.

wow that's honestly all he lifts?
I'm already at 80% of that.
What a weak cunt.

No, that's just what gets you in with a short on a good day/bad day comparison. Also not counting the fact he's using form that is crap for moving max weight.

Hit a 400lb incline while fatigued and you're closer to the mark.

More mass = more strength. Powerlifters have always incorporated BB style exercises.

if a dude like Brian Shaw shredded down, He would be bigger than a pretty mass majority of bodybuilders out there. Look at Thor Bjornson

Not really. He'd be heavier, sure, but proportionately he'd be smaller. To be pro BBer size at his height he'd need to be mid 3s in contest shape, maybe more. Shaw doesn't have that kind of size.

>80%
you don't realise how big the difference between pulling 500 and 600 is

Shaw weighs in the mid-400s
He wouldn't quite be in contest shape if he dropped 100lbs but he'd be pretty ripped. The only difference is that his mass isn't in the right places to look good on stage

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_hypertrophy
>In the bodybuilding and fitness community and even in some academic books skeletal muscle hypertrophy is described as being in one of two types: Sarcoplasmic or myofibrillar. According to this hypothesis, during sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, the volume of sarcoplasmic fluid in the muscle cell increases with no accompanying increase in muscular strength, whereas during myofibrillar hypertrophy, actin and myosin contractile proteins increase in number and add to muscular strength as well as a small increase in the size of the muscle.

You dont have to be physically massive to be strong if thats what your asking.

Look at gymnasts. They're shredded and each of their muscles works in conjunction with each other due to the type of traning they do, and theres no extra weight which means their power to weight ratio makes them very strong to be able to do the stuff they do.

Think of it a bit like steel cables. Thin yet very strong.

Bodybuilders by comparison would be said to be weak as their muscles are made for show. Thats not to say that they're weak overall, just in relativity to their size.

>everyone talking about pro bodybuilders

why not talking about dyel autistics that are brand new to bodybuilding?

more relelvant

I've been lifting not even 5 months

>bp 155 6x12
Ohp 115 6x12
>dl 235 1x5
Squat 105 lbs 8x12

look at those "numbers"

Yet I look bigger than *some* people after 2 years of powerlifting that do like 2/3/4/5

almost like if you want to make hypertrophy gains you need to train in the hypertrophy rep range?

almost like full muscle contraction, range of motion, VOLUME, and clean diet is needed for gains, not pulling autistic numbers off the ground?

people on this site are you stupid they actually think once they can bench 400 lbs they will look like jay cutler

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH
A
HAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHA

They are at their weakest when preening and presenting themselves.

that really depends on how long you've been at it. if you list 500 after two years you can easily hit 600 in the third year. If you hit 500 after 5 years you will never reach 600 natty.

of course they're strong you fucking mong

>not even 5 month
>squat 8x12 and less weight than ohp
Your opinion is disregarded with these stats user

Ronnie coleman deadlifted 800+ lbs
Studies have shown that muscle size is the most accurate way to measure strength.

The problem with bodybuilders is that they get so huge it impedes their movement. And they only got experience with lifting.
There is a huge bodybuilder who almost kept up with an elite sprinter. Even though he weighs more than twice as much as the sprinter.

Elite bodybuiders in the highest weightclass are Strong but heavily limited.
People in lower weightclasses are better all around, but weaker than the biggest ones.

>hahah stats

maybe I just want size gains breh?

I don't care about stats.

>all that mass
>fucks trannies

Kek

it's all about bone genetics when it comes to lifting after you hit the peak

The answer is literally fucking right here

Lmao, Jay Cutler rows 4plate for reps. You're delusional.

im not talking about your weight, im talking about your disproportions and retarded rep schemes at beginner level. im not a "do SS brah" faggot but cmon do something solid that rep scheme is just crazy retarded