/militaryfitness/

I'm planning on joining the military. I've been running about 3km every day. The minimum time I need on the treadmill is:

On a 2% incline, a 1.5 mile run in 12.5 minutes followed by a 1 minute rest followed by another 1.5 mile run to be done in 10 minutes.

However I also need to be able to do 16 pull-ups, 60 press ups and 85 sit ups each in their own 1.5 minute period.

Should I only be doing body weight to failure alongside the running?

Other urls found in this thread:

navyseals.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

top kek, first get fit then join. learn to run 10 km in < 1 h, march 30km in < 4,5h with about 20 kg in your rucksack and start some lifting( dont go for aesthetics)

highly depends on the country, for me this is the standard you should be able to do

>dudes that have been brainwashed by jew media depictions of wars with famous actors

Why don't you just be a man, get a job, and go to school. You wanna be a faggot for the military?

>Too scared to make my own life decisions.. surely the military running my life is the answer

grow up dude :^)

Add sleep deprivation 3x -4 hours a night to your training schedule

The standards for the pre-joining test fitness tests are above. As I specified. And also as I said I'm trying to get fit enough to join- hence why I'm asking about the routine. No need to be condescending man

> he got cucked by a marine

what kinda branch you wanna join?

Make sure you go past the standards required by a nice margin

Train mainly for press ups, sit ups and pull-ups and dips. Strength at first (weighted if your not a fgt) then high reps the closer you get to boot camp

Don't run with weight, if you do this you will most likely fuck for legs, your boot camp instructors will build this up slowly and assume no one has run with weight before. Basically just don't run with weight because you don't need to, just focus on distance and speed

This will get you boot camp ready in the shortest amount of time

navyseals.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.pdf

This is obviously not for a entry level soldier but the programming of your weekly routine can be taken from this

And lastly make sure you work in no-impact cardio (rowing/swimming) instead of running everyday of the week, give your legs a break.

Do a basic strength routine + fitness test movements run on off days do marches on the weekend

>marine corps.
>marine cucks.

Fuck off pussy. Women are Marines..

Royal Marines, British Royal Navy

if you wanna join infantry or anything similar get as fit as possible, like this any training will be a breeze. with just basic fitness to pass the test you will suffer. belive me. been there, done that. i was barely able to pass any test when i joined, basic and any advanced traning was a bitch. get fit and you will have huge amounts of fun fucking shit up all over the world

Thank you. We're all gonna make it

>fucking shit up all over the world

Ya kid have fun.

>He isn't going for paras
Fucking pleb

thats a part of the job, i've been doing this for nearly a decade now, cant imagine anything better

It's not our fault you're scared to stand up and sacrifice for something.

That's part of the job.. getting my limbs blown off and most probably my dick and balls. But I'm a roughneck fighting for shitty pay and aging into my 40s with health conditions. With a country that doesn't give a shit about you. Not to mention the majority of the infantry is hurry up and wait. You're basically just a janitor in a foreign land. There is no glorification in it trust me.

Sacrifice for what

i am not glorifying it by any means. i see it as what it is. mostly a job you gotta live for. in return your life can be some kind of adult playground all day. most soldiers think like that but would never say it out loudly.

Dude just get a job, go to school, get a career, and find a way to be happy. If you can find some alternative that doesn't involve joining the military then go for it. You're young and dumb I get it. Don't piss your life away one some shitty enlistment contract though. You got options.

Do it faggot, I wish I could join

Judging by the fitness standards. I'm guessing this is for a PRMC?

Yeah mate

I currently work in the chemical industry. I'm 20 and my wage would be cut by about half probably more. I can't ever imagine myself working on behalf of shareholders for any long period of time. I hate the corporate world and I hate this yuppie image. Whether the agenda is correct, whether it's right or wrong, irrespective of how much I'm valued as an infantryman I do not care. The act of fighting on behalf of your country, and the perceived nobility of it, again, irrespective of it being right or wrong, the camaraderie and the potential risk in it is all that has ever attracted me, it's what I want to do. No amount of shit yuppies talk about muh Jews and muh welfare will change that

>I'm planning on joining the military.
Well that was your first mistake. Dont be a sucker.

People like you make the world a bad place.

>However I also need to be able to do 16 pull-ups,
wut

I past PRMC and got to week 13 of basic.

Running > strength.

Strength wise make sure you can haul your own body weight, you'll spend more time on ropes then anything else. So make sure your rope game is strong as, be able to lift your own body weight easily up a rope without using your legs etc.

You don't need to do 16 pull ups, you can pass with just doing 5.

Focus on your running though or you'll struggle, i went being a shit hot runner 7.20 1.5mile time, my strength was meh i could lift my own body weight easily cause i was light but struggled lifting anything more, BUT that didn't affect my training and fitness wise throughout training i was fine.

(I left due to an injury)

Get both 1.5miles well under 10 or you'll be fucked m8