Shrugs???

do you guys do shrugs on back day or shouder day? i've been doing them on my back day but like, i mean, what do you guys think about it?

I do high rack pulls och back day which itself will train ALOT of traps then I do shrugs och shoulder-day so traps get hit twice a week.

Literally doesnt matter. Shrugs are an isolation exercise that dont have any effect on other muscles.

But it is a back muscle, so technically it should be on your back day.

>shoulder day

>fit
i train chest, shoulders and biceps on the same day.

>fullbody workouts for size

Either one is good. unless your shoulder day is before back day.

>Shrugs are an isolation exercise that dont have any effect on other muscles.

You're an idiot. Just wanted to let you know.

this

this is the correct thing to do though

enjoy your split where you're burning extra calories 6x a week when you could be eating and growing

>Growing
Yeah growing more round
>Eat a bunch
>Work a bunch
>Curls for the girls baby

heavy rack pulls build traps like crazy

I workout 4 times a week, making gains, getting bigger, I can't complain. I'm doing what I enjoy. THAT'S the correct thing to do.

It;s the purpose of the bro split so that you can work different muscle groups much harder on any given day and then give that muscle group a few days to rest while you do the other muscles?

Ding ding ding we have a winner folks.
Bro splits w/ compounds are superior for strength and aesthetics. I did total body 3 sometimes more times a week in high school and yeah I was pretty stronk but I looked exactly like the SS plus gomad meme pics. Unless you're training for Oly style comps don't do a total body routine, ISO and get aesthetic.

I actually do shrugs on leg day. My back/shoulder day already has enough shit going on. Whereas leg day is relatively short.

As other user said, shugs are isolated enough to not matter when you do them. Just fit them in somewhere.

EXACTLY! And I mean "muh protein synthesis :(" can be fixed so easily, Close Grip BP on arm day dayum you just hit chest ON ARM DAY? HOW DOES THAT WORK? Close grip chinups for biceps? Wait I just trained BACK ON ARM DAY WTF IS GOING ON HERE?

I gave up doing shrugs. Never got any gains from doing it. Similar to calf Raises. Wasted years n years training them for no gains in those areas.

were you doing them 5 reps to failure? or were you just doing 25 at a time?

i just do dumbbell shrugs and static dumbbell holds at the end of my arm day
i'd love some different advice on building nice traps though

All rep ranges, light, moderate, heavy, extremely heavy, every possible different exercise. Nothing ever works for my upper traps and calves. This is after 5* years of lifting. Absolutely fucking stupid.

genetics bruh.

my calves are .75 the thickness of my thighs.

feels good.

It's like poetry. Your splits should rhyme, just because you are focusing on arms or whatever doesn't mean you should avoid all other muscles being activated. I like you user. You think like me.

Yeah, my brother has never lifted a day in his life and has 20 inch calves.

Meanwhile I've been lifting 5 years and have 15 inch calves.

Mind you I am 180lbs and he is 350lbs+

I used to be fat.

got to keep my tree trunk legs when I lost weight though which was great.

well most of his calves are probably fat, m8. if he's active then there's undoubtedly a bunch of muscle under there but dont compare his to your whens hes over twice your weight

t. 18 inch calves @ 240, after losing 100 lbs

His calves actually look muscular and shredded lean, like a fucking IFBB tier. Pretty funny considering he is like 50% bodyfat.

>seperating back and shoulders
the fuck you doing brah

he walks around with 200 extra lbs every day while perma bulking

he's going to have yuge calves.

Rack Pulls. Make sure you hold for more than 3 seconds per rep. Explosive db shrugs, 1 second up 3 seconds down. Farmer walks.

try power cleans if your gym allows it. shrugs never quite worked for me either, but power cleans, damn. even 1plate got me the worst trap doms of my life

I do shoulder shrugs but I do a little trick to push the gains to more than just the isolated muscles by curling my grip.

When you have the dumbells at your side use your forearm and wrist to curl the dumbells up like you are doing a forearm curl sort of. Then try to shrug, it makes sure you dont cheat the shrug and it targets a lot while working forearms and minor msucles throughout the arm and helps overall activation of your arm because yous tabilize it with the curl on the shrug.

Former fatty can confirm. Also it helped that my genes wouldn't let my body deposit fat there. Just all around my mid section and arms

Same :(

>tfw lost so much weight but still have a gut

REEE GET OFF OF ME

try this

You will see gains, I have had others try it and get gains with it when normal shoulder shrugs didnt work.

for cale raises you really need to do a certain movement to make them grow and gain. You probably just followed the whole raise and drop.

To get the fullness you should try to do the calf raised while lightly tighten not full and at the top tighten and then push up a little further if you can. Cause the muscle to feel the exertion more and causes them to break down imo.

>When you have the dumbells at your side use your forearm and wrist to curl the dumbells up like you are doing a forearm curl sort of.

so...my fingers should be facing my body and the back of my hand should be towards the floor?

maybe its tasky but look like giant turd

Yeah, if you have some dumbells try one of them, you will see that already it is hitting muscle normal shoulder shrugs dont hit and it hits.

Just even try the motion I explained and you will be like "shit this is already working me over in the shoulder.

Yeah I would suggest just making mackeral or salmon patties myself but I save all fit recipes I come across.

Sounds about right to me. I trained em for a bit when I was into doing all out big leg days but then I realized being fat had already given me good calf development so I shifted my focus to upper body where I looked like shit.

Yeah I understand that being a big guy and carrying around weight does help calves as going up stairs or just walking does it, due to your body carrying around the weight the calves have to balance the body and they are activating a lot.

Still once you cut remember to at least do non weighted calve raises.

huh, i just tried it with a little 30 lbs dumbbell ive had lying around my house and it defnitely feels like it keeps me more strict. I usually do 65-75 lbs in the gym and i've noticed i really have to focus not to let my form slip, but i'll try your way the next time i go

Glad it might help you friend, but remember it will lower what you normally do as the heavy weights will also have to be lifted by that curl of the forearm. Also watch the gains on your forearms it hits them big time too and your overall grip will be stronger.

When I use dumbells and workouts I am always trying to improve the compound movements and the overall muscles I can hit while making sure its safe.

yeah, im expecting a deload, if i can fit some grip/forearm work into my shrugs im all for it. i'm trying to cut down on the number of things i do at the gym since i don't like being there for like 2 hours. I'm kind of stuck with a PF membership at the moment and then i do my compounds at home

alphadestiny plzgo