Cutting general

time to get ready for summer. what do you eat most days? what's your daily calorific intake on average? anyone else doing cardio?

i am around 1700-1800 calories per day, because scooby's calculator says that's my bmr and with cardio and lifting i should be on a daily deficit of around 3-500.

i tend to skip both breakfast and lunch when i cut, that way i can eat a big meal instead of a bunch of smaller meals like a faggot.

Other urls found in this thread:

health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced).
youtube.com/watch?v=7eoF6w7R9oI
youtube.com/watch?v=UcN7SGGoCNI
youtube.com/watch?v=utPkDP3T7R4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>time to get ready for summer
>still almost half a year

Yeah, lot of fat fucks and out of shape skellies around here need to start RIGHT NOW to get ready for not just summer but...that's right stupid SPRING BREAK.

what's your height/weight?

scooby's calculator is giving me a way lower TDE than a lot of other calculators (saying 2100 where i've gotten 2600 from health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced).

181 cm and 69 kg. it may sound like skeletor weight but i have a lot of excess fat.

i thought scooby's calc was legit, most other tdee calculators i've found gave me a bit lower.

5'6 female, currently around 150lbs. Trying to cut a teeny bit before I bulk up to 69kg weight class (maybe down to 140lb) at 1500 cal a day. Macros are bodyweight in protein, then carb as second highest, then fat. Diet is lots of chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, greel yogo, sweet potato, rice, olive oil, milk, + pb for fatz. Also some whey and creatine of course.

I'm going to start weightlifting soon. I'd rather bulk on a leaner base and keep most of the bulk lean muscle mass, hence the current cut. Better idea than trying to recomp my current bodyweight, right?

Progress has been slow but I'm glad I'm finally close after too many years of fucking around.

Between 2013 and 2016 I would get motivated for about 3-4 months and fall off the wagon either due to peer pressure for late night activities and shit or just get lazy. Lots of yo-yoing between 180 and 200.

I'm on my way, should have my perfect starting weight for a bulk by May as long as I stick to my deficit.

>tfw 30 minutes of LISS followed by 30 minutes of HIIT every day + heavy compounds
>IF + Keto

I am so fucking tired of being between in-shape and out-of-shape. I can do all of this athletic shit but still look flabby. Only have lke 50-60 lbs to go and i just want it fucking gone

if you never lifted before you will first experience noob gains which are for the most part neurological. they usually last for 6-12+ months but that really depends on the individual. during that time you won't gain much muscle, even if you eat at a surplus.

you won't gain much muscle on most low volume beginner programs sure, but if you do some high volume BBing type work after your main sets you can definitely build muscle along with your typical muh 3x5 neurological gains

Just keep on going, there's no shortcuts for a great physique. Except roids kek

DYEL?

it's starting to become fun now, so that's something good. my motivation kind of petered out a little because i was in a boring relationship and then we broke up. but things are looking up now

I do, but I'm weak as shit. Like I said I fucked around too much.

Current stats are:
Squat 215 lbs 3x5
Bench 115 lbs 3x5
OHP 90 lbs 3x5 (failing on last set)
Deadlift 235 1x5 (deloaded due to form issues)
Power Clean 115 5x3
Chin ups - negatives 3x8-12 (failing on last set)

also incorporated dumbbell curls into my last session and will be doing them every other workout now.

I have to lose arond 12lbs. Already lost 70lbs. Been weight lifting a lot and eating normal have to lose some more and become lean. I am eating vegan, any tips? Because I can not eat chicken, eggs and fish anymore for protein.

Why are you eating vegan?

youtube.com/watch?v=7eoF6w7R9oI
youtube.com/watch?v=UcN7SGGoCNI
youtube.com/watch?v=utPkDP3T7R4

Watched these and two documentaries Earthlings and Cowspiracy, now way I want to eat meat after seeing all of the video material, I actually cried and had to vomit while watching Eathlings.

But as a short answer, moral reasons just can;t look and enjoy meat the same way as before after watching some videos of the meat and diary industry

It's your choice, but keeping fit and being vegan ain't easy. There's always tofu and soy protein powder but it tends to get expensive.

fag

I am a grill anyway so I don't need to make gains but yeah the protein is a bit of a problem, I eat 1/3 of what I ate before (I would eat chicken or fish)

180lbs (1/2/3/4 plate lifts)
Cutting on 2500kcals with 180 protons while going to gym 5-6 days a week and rowing twice a week, is this too much calories to lose 1lb a week? TDEE calculators put my calories at like 3100 to maintain but it seems like loads.

i hear lentils are supposed to be good for protein, so are beans and other such things.

also why not just use some veggie based protein supplement mixed with non-dairy milk or something?

stop shilling this shit. some retarded vegan trying to guilt trip everyone else while she uses makeup that was tested on animals and other shit that was created by kids slaving away for bowl of rice somewhere in china

Never ate this thing but seems pretty god tier when it comes to protein for vegans. I don't even know how you're suppose to eat seitan but I'm sure you can find more info about that.

Also seems perfect for a vegan cut since it's so low on calories.

you can eat seitan a few ways, good way to do it is with whichever asian sauce you like and then grill it up. same with tofu. they're all kind of the same thing anyways

>be me off school
>literally only have 2 friends one is antisocial the other one lives 50 miles away
>i have nothing to do all day
>just eat out of boredom.
>should be eating 1600 kcal but eat like 2500
fucking kill me. how do i fix?

Whenever you're bored and feel like eating go out for a walk.

Show body femanon

yknow what man
fuck it imma start doing that at least up until the end of the break

5'9" 160lbs
Planning on bulking till the end of march.
When I cut I go to around 2000kcal and adjust by how my weight is dropping.
I eat a lot of salmon and some chicken for meat, I'll take protein when I cut, everything else just depends on what I have in the fridge.

I don't skip meals, I just eat less and drink enough water to drown a fish.

This is gonna sound autistic as fuck but screw it, this is the place to be it.
One thing I found to be really cool to do and make "going out for a walk" more interesting is following random people, my rules are the following:
Never follow a female or someone underage, preferably pick someone who could beat you in a fight.
You must follow them for as long as possible.
Game ends when they directly look at you or they enter a building/car.

also are australian push ups good for someone who cant do a full pull up/chin up?

nigga what the fuck is wrong with you.

Don't eat out of boredom. Get some water flavoring like mio and find a flavor you like, then chug so much your back teeth start to float. When I cut I drink a ton of water and it helps a lot, especially if it tastes good.

dafuq is mio?

been doing that i hold a 5 liter bottle next to pc
but no matter how much i drink it doesnt fulfill some kind of thing i cant explain but i guess school fills it pretty good

Little bottle of concentrated flavoring, you squirt it into your water. 0 cals, and some have vitamins or other stuff like caffeine added if you want that. I always tell mummy to pick them up at the store.

Cool story user
Do fasting for a few days, it will make up for a lot of calories you have eaten up and is good for you in general, unless you have some medical condition. Basically it is recommended to check your blood pressure throughout the fasting time.

Is it flavored? That's what helps me, having some flavoring.

Also I go through a pack of gum every few days.

>not buying meat from local family owned farms

stay degenerate

6'0 211 lbs eating 1800 calories a day, lift three times a week, taking yohimbine + caffeine

After a week of cutting I have way more energy at the gym and all my lifts are going up. Maybe my body is burning fat for fuel while Im lifting or maybe it's just from cutting junk food out of my diet

i live in a european shit hole i dont even think there are any water flavorings

Overestimate how much you eat, underestimate whatever the calculators tell you is your TDEE.

eating a few big meals vs alot of small meals will cause your metabolism to slow down Scooby says so himself

nice progress bro

drink lots of water

nice cutting, but id definitely work on building muscle
get that bench up to 165 and that OHP up to 135 and you'll be looking a lot better
pic related is a pretty decent measurement of the quality of public education by nation

i started to realize I'm getting fat and eating too much. im riding my 5 month noob gains and didn't want to be under my cals.

at this point (15lb up from skele) can I just eat at or slightly lower than maintain while working out heavy and make gains? i wanna see my abs again :(

Is it me or is the ottermode guy's physique is pretty unbalanced? His pecs are pretty big compares to his arms

Probably the fact you are taking stimulants.

I wasn't taking them then though. I lifted M/W/F and only started the yohimbine + caffeine today.

thanks, still got a few months ahead of me though. Trying to get down to at-least 12% before I turn around and bulk.

I'm working on my noob gains, only recently was corrected on my bench form so gains are steadily increasing, went from 100 to 115 in about two weeks. Not sure when I'll hit 1pl8 but I have a feeling it'll be before the cut is over. My bench has always been my absolute weakest exercise so I'm glad it's increasing.

OHP, however, is slow as fuck. I hate it. I'd been stuck on 85 lbs for the last 3 sessions (almost 2 weeks) and just barely made it. Didn't even get halfway through my final set of 90 lbs. I'd be impressed if I even got to 115 for OHP before my cut is over.

>went from 100 to 115 in about two weeks
oh not bad then
judging from how broad you are, chances are you'll probably plateau between 155 and 175, but don't give up mane
also yeah over head presses are a pain, if you want to, incline bench can slightly help and feel less awkward for a newbie

When using Bronkaid to curb my fatass hunger.. do I HAVE to stack it with caffine?

Like I said, my bench was always weak and I only recently got a major form correction so I'm progressing quickly, though I think it's gonna start getting harder next session. It's no worries though, I'm more concerned with weight loss than strength anyhow. There's plenty of room for that shit once I do a turnaround bulk.

A big glass of water with every meal will also help, before you resort to speed lite.

sorry, so is caffine necessary or can I just go bronkaid and water and be kinda good?

caffeine is half the stack, ephedrine will only get you so far. Just remember, this is basically just a lite variation of the drug speed.

OK, thanks for the heads up. I'll be responsible with it

One word:

Soup.

anybody have any tips/experience about fasted cardio?

3 weeks into my cut and I'm down 7 pounds. Currently sitting at 187 trying to get down to about 175-180 by mid March. I have been eating about 2200 kcal a day and doing cardio 3 days a week.

>Never follow a female or someone underage

No fun allowed.

dont do it, it has been scientifically proven to be of no greater benefit for weight loss.

If you prefer to do it fasted do so, but if it makes you feel like shit dont because all you are doing is making cardio harder for no reason.

Height?

183 cm.

Hey m8, thanks for the info! However..

When I said I'm about to get into weightlifting, I meant the sport weightlifting. Snatch+ clean and jerk. Competitive weightlifting. Maybe clearing that up will change your advice a bit.

I have been doing the basic compounds plus accessories for over a year now. Noob gains happened a long time ago.

Depends on where u live bruh, california is gonna heat up soon.

How long have you been lifting? What are your main lifts at?
I'm you're height but I'm 190 and cutting currently. Wondering if I'll look similar to you once I get to 160

>tfw can't get bronkaid ANYWHERE around me

fucking midwestern meth heads lowering the efficiency of my cut

Walgreens? Literally any pharmacy, son.

How often to do cardio/lifts during cut? Should I be adding calories to make up what I burn at the gym?

I just started my DNP cycle

6'4" 195 down from 230. I know I still have a long way to go. Anyone have any idea what bf% I am at or how much further I need to go?

Probably 19-20%. You look like you haven't lifted anything.

some states are a lot harder to get ephedrine in due to drug manufacturing problems.

When you're a fatty you do everything from a sedentary TDEE. When coming off a bulk, just do whatever gives you a loss of 1lb/week.