Veeky Forums memes you fell for

Veeky Forums memes you fell for

>Strength = aesthetics
>Deadlifts are good for hypertrophy
>You HAVE to squat and will not make any leg gains with hack squats, leg press etc
>Do not use machines
>Cutting and bulking
>Lifting isn't 90% genetics
>OHP is enough for delts

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f_Nx-Ds4C3k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"squats and deadlifts are enough for your core"

>Veeky Forums memes you fell for
Training for 'aesthetics'. It's the fitness equivalent of being Veeky Forums.
>Train for a POWER sport like boxing
>Get 'aesthetics' as a side-benefit of the actual training
>Be fitter overall than 99% of Veeky Forums
Now you're getting real.

>training for aesthetics as a natty

>Cutting and bulking
How is this a meme?

you were doing ok until you said cutting and bulking are memes

gl gaining muscle without a calorie surplus of some sort

>training ONLY for aesthetics, ever

probably referring to clean bulking

The sort of bulking recommended by Veeky Forums is eating a huge surplus, getting fat as fuck and then aggressively cutting losing most of your gains.

If dubs then Jeff goes for good

If dubs then u go

no

the recommendation you see here is to bulk at 500 calorie surplus, which is not a huge surplus

less than this is tricky, if you only have 250 surplus some minor fluctuation in your activity can get rid of that surplus very quickly

the cutting recommendation you see here is to cut at 500 deficit, which is probably too slow for most people

Which literally only really works for enhanced lifters.

Natties are far better off by initially cutting down to a reasonable bf% and then lifting on a small to moderate surplus

>use heavy weight and mainly lift less than five reps

vs

>Lift lighter weight and do 6-12 reps

Lifting lighter will lead to less injuries and is far superior.

>Challenging your CNS

vs

>Bad cardio

I want muscle gains not CNS gains

and that's why you will be stuck at the same weight for life looking like a dyel

You do realise that when doing 6-12 reps you still add weight right?

Shut up Jeff and pls go

You'll still progress with strength at a 6-12 rep range and have far fewer injuries if any.

Plus you'll gain valuable strength endurance and look better.

Nice try Jeff, I can't leave

>tfw you fell for the "cardio ruins gains" and "running ruins your knees" meme
It kept me from running for so long until I finally did it. I run 4x/week now only lift 2x/week. Ran 3 marathons and 1 50k. Have not had a single injury yet.

If you really think 6-12 reps has less chance of injuring you than 5s or less then you're either lifting absolute bitch weight or you're a total fucking noob. Possibly both.

>Genetics dont matter (tfw chad friend benched 140kg after less than a year lifting eating shit missing workouts with no set routine just going in and doing bench and arms once each week)

>Cutting and bulking

>Eat big to get big (if you eat big you get fat and make no more strength or muscle gains)

Cardio did ruin your gains since you are no longer lifting more than twice a week.

>Eat big to get big (if you eat big you get fat and make no more strength or muscle gains)

this

Veeky Forums memes that turned out to be correct
>Strength = aesthetics
>Squatting is a good lift for building mass in your legs
>Machines leave your stabilizer muscles weak
>Cutting and Bulking
>Genetics determine your insertions, but anyone can build muscle effectively

But you're right, OHP doesn't quite cover delts

because delts are composed of 3 different muscles not just one. OHP mainly targets the front delt. the middle and back delt still get some work done but not much.

for middle delt you can do klokov press and for back delt you can do rows.

But it works, phaggot

95% of people go to the gym to look better. Very few autists do it to get stronger in lieu of playing an actual sport.

>Strength = aesthetics
D
A D
L A D
W L A D
E W L A D
W E W L A D
E W L A D
W L A D
L A D
A D
D

there are tons of people here who post in CBT threads that look like that mainly do heavy compounds.

just because you couldn't get to decent weight to start seeing results don't assume everyone else won't either.

>be me
>do ss for 6 months
>Transition to texas method for 6 months
>cut
>be aesthetic under the fat

All I can do is give you my experience. If you're a DYEL whose only understanding of fitness is Veeky Forums memes, you'll need to learn for yourself.

there are tons of people here who post in CBT threads that look like that mainly do heavy compounds.

just because you couldn't get to decent weight to start seeing results don't assume everyone else won't either.

>inb4 but he's a manlet

I can understand heavy compounds but doing accessory work is essential for aesthetics and if you are doing accessory work for strength you are straight up retarded

>This guy got big muscles doing strength training
>That must surely mean that strength training is superior to hypertrophy training!

lol thanks for your 1 year experience advice I have been lifting for 4 years but have I'm sure you are aesthetic as fuck and based on the projections of your first year gains just imagine what you'll look like in 3 more years :o :o

>500 calorie surplus = 1 pound a week
>at most you are ever going to build is half a >pound a week
>there for you would be gaining 50% fat and 50% muscle in the best case scenario

This is why you should not eat at more than 300 calorie surplus.

pretty much but im gonna add

>abs are made in the kitchen

no motherfucker they are made in the gym. if you dont train abs no matter how low you cut u'll just end up looking like a surfboard

the amount of muscle vs fat you gain depends on how hard you train and if you also do cardio. if you push yourself every workout and do cardio that ratio is more like 70:30 or even more towards muscle.

This one. Feel so much safer and stronger since I started using the ab wheel.

>1 pound a week for one year equals 52 pounds
>70% of 52 equals 36 pounds of muscle per year.

Come back after 6 months and your noob gains have worn off.

yeah it's definitely not as high of a ratio as that guy claimed, you're probably looking at 20lbs of muscle a year for an intermediate lifter

so if you bulk at 1lb a week that's about 60% fat to 40% muscle

also definitely shouldn't bulk for a year straight, there is no way you could do that without going above 15% and getting all the shitty nutrient partitioning that comes with it

or you know, you could always eat a lower calorie surplus.

No matter what rep range you do, the weights should be heavy.

People who do "light weight for higher reps" are basically avoiding challenging themselves and they justify it with stupid fucking excuses like "bro I don't care about strength".

But who do you think is going to be bigger, the guy benching 185 for 12 or the guy benching 315 for 12?

20lb is a push, i would say that is a beginner gains.