QTDDTOT

New one up, boyos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gJio0lPysF8
skinnyfattransformation.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Plugged my stats into a TDEE calc and this is the info I got.

Does this seem like a good idea for cutting fat? I've lost 70lbs so far and I'm just trying to get out of chubby mode now. 2.2k cals just seems like a lot.

I put "moderate exercise" since I try to do cardio 3-4 times a week and I've been taking some intro to weight lifting (also yoga) courses at my uni to learn and get help with form and become familiar with different lifts, so I'll start incorporating them more.

I figure WHAT I'm eating means a lot more than how much and I've been reshaping my diet around the classic rice+chicken+green veggie and a lot of water. In the past I've binge ate a lot due to cravings and I really need to stop that.

How do I get my hands on test/tren?

I live in Denmark and I dont know any local suppliers and all online suppliers I can find, dont ship to Denmark for some reason.

Best exercise to grow the lateral delt?

>2.2k cals just seems like a lot.
If you're tall and/or very fat, it's usually fine. Now that number may also be a little high in order to prevent too much muscle loss from those who have spent time bulking. If you don't have much muscle to you (it sounds like you don't since you're not on a regular strength training regimen), then it would be fine to go a little lower if you're comfortable.

>I figure WHAT I'm eating means a lot more than how much
Yes and no. What you're eating can help you hit your calorie deficits easier by keeping you fuller-feeling on fewer calories, and it may also help you have more consistent energy if you've been eating garbage for awhile.

That being said, however, you can still eat too much of healthy food and no longer be hitting your deficit goals. It may be more difficult to do, but it's still very much possible, so you need to monitor the amounts of the foods as well.

If a girl takes almost an hour to check your message after starting a conversation with you, even though she's active on facebook, should you just stop talking to her? Why start a conversation if you're just gonna take fucking forever to reply?

stop being autistic

OHP/lateral raises

If that agitates you that much, she may not be for you.

Right now I'm 5'11 and 172lbs. Manlet meme aside is this considered "tall"? I think I have around 20% BF from previous Veeky Forums guesses.

Would 1,800 calories be way too low?

In my classes I've been able to comfortably do deadlifts 2sets of 10 at 100lbs if that means anything, but I'm still learning.

The actual final of the class is to write and perform your own routine so I'm planning once I get to that point I can start a true solo regimen.

I'm basically your height and weight, currently eating at 1400 with a refeed every two weeks and a cheat day every two months. Working wonders for me.

If you don't turn in SS as a routine you're never gonna make it

how much weight should you usually try to gain in a bulk and how much should you try to lose in a cut??

I do a lot of walking every day and rely on it as my main source of exercise. According to a few online calculators walking 5km (3.1m) in 60 minutes on an even surface will burn anywhere from 280-360 calories. I walk 15km most days, so that would mean 840-1080 calories burnt.

Does that seem accurate? Someone before told me there's noway that is true. Is there a more accurate way to calculate how many calories are burnt walking?

Reposting my injured knuckle question for new visibility

>I caught the bar weird in unracking and moving back on the platform, and it hurt the index knuckle on my left hand. On the palm side its a little red with some blue developing, and the back side has turned a little blue. The first joint is also a little swollen and it's starting to hurt around the second joint when I move it a little. It's not a bad pain, but I don't want to make it worse.

>Anyone ever get this? How long did it take before you could lift again?

5x5 vs 3x5 for Squats?

I have a tub of Gold Standard Casein powder i've been using. I thought Casein was a better choice because i work 8+ hours straight and can't eat during that time most days.

Should i get some regular whey as well?

I'm in an Asian country, so prices on powder are higher here

And should i spend
$47 on the cheapest 3kg tub i can get,
$56 on a 3kg local brand tub that looks slightly better
$69 on a 2.27kg tub of ON gold standard whey

like, is it worth spending that extra?

Pic related, the cheapest on the left and 2nd cheapest on the right

What should I rate my activity level on myFitnessPal if I'm an office bitch who exercises daily?

How to increase pullups?
I can do two at a time. Currently just going on through the day doing em for a total of 20-25
Is this a meme progression?

What is your strategy for your refeed days?

Any studies on intermittent fasting regarding loose skin?

I really want to avoid loose skin, but I love intermittent fasting for keeping my energy up.

It's fine to start with. The important thing is REAL WORLD RESULTS. If you aren't getting the results you want after a couple weeks, then tweak your intake. 2.2k for an adult male that works out should be a decent deficit.

Lateral raises.

5' 11" is slightly above average, but does not stand out in any way. Short women will think of you as "tall", but that's because womanlets can't tell the difference between 5' 10" and 6' 2". Put your stats in a TDEE calculator, do a 500 cal deficit.

Until you're in range of your natural limit on FFMI, then try to get leaner. There are no numerical answers to this question. You should not be doing countless bulk/cut cycles unless you compete in a weight class sport.

It's generally around 100 kcal per mile. That's probably close.

How about you post your knuckle instead of your autistic face?

For what? What's your program? What do you even mean by this question?

Moderate, unless "exercises daily" means putting in 60 miles a week.

Train pull-ups 3 days a week. Aim for 100 total per week. Add 5-10 per week. You get good at pull-ups by doing a fuck load of pull-ups.

> (You)
>For what? What's your program? What do you even mean by this question?

Looking for strength gains mostly. I'm unsure if I should be doing 5x5, 5x3, or 3x3, or 3x5 for squats. I can do more weight for 3 reps than I can 5, but i also can do slightly more weight while doing 3 sets.

Just wondering if there's any negatives to doing 3 sets instead of 5.

>How about you post your knuckle
My camera isn't picking up the coloring very well. The color isn't that dramatic, so it's nothing severe. I just know it's probably going to force me to take a little time off and was wondering if someone had a similar injury

Will I get better results from benching 5x5 with less weight or 3x6 with more weight, assuming I get close to failure by the end of both? Gymbro says 5x5 is definitely better but I'm pretty sure they're about the same

Sedentary + move up one activity level for every 3 hours of *cardio* done in a week
Do you walk 15 km in 3h? If you maintain the speed it might be possible. Your best bet to see if you're estimating accurately is to weigh in for a month post poop in the morning without having any food or water and monitoring your calories. Your weight should show an overall trend through the day.
Depends on goals. I'd say switch it up monthly.
Try myprotien

less weight, more reps for a week, then increase the weight and lower the reps the following week, rinse repeat. bullshit I just made up but I believe it.

I want to work some ab exercises into my sl5x5 routine. Would it be alright to do them before I start lifting or should I save them for my offdays?

Alrighty thanks
My goal is doing 8 pullups in one set.
Currently I can do only 2 pullups in one set.
My current routine is doing a total of 20-25 in a day at random intervals by breaking them in sets of two (>>and the half rep of the third).
Does tgis sound like a good program?

Brehs I made a thread on /tv/ but Im low on replies, can someone help me out?

Do them at the end of your workout. Itll be way harder to keep good form on exercises that involve core strength if your core is already burnt out

It's late and my muscles feel kind of rubbery/weak but I haven't lifted in 2 days -- should I work out tonight or tomorrow?

I'd do them after the workout. Don't want your abs to tire out in between a set of squats, deadlifts or phone

when do you know you're fully recovered from a muscle strain?

good way to avoid feeling hungry on a cut?

Eat yo damn veggies.
Half a kilo of cauliflower comes out to 100 cal

What's with these guys who always wear a towel in the locker room? Like they strip down to their underpants, put on a towel, take off their underpants under the towel, put on a bathing suit under the fucking towel, then take off the towel.

It seems like this is 10% of people these days, what's going on?

did some calculations

my god ON is overpriced

So should i go for the Protein Plus Gold or the Viking Muscle? I mean even if they are "lower quality protein" or some other marketing meme I could just take twice as much for the price difference

sorry about late reply, I eat 20% more than my maintenance with a focus on carbs (IE, eat normal amount of protein and fat and put all extra calories into carbs). I try not to eat more than 100g of sugar on these days as well.

get elevation protein powder if you live near an Aldi. Its way cheaper and just as good

If I eat weetbix instead of oats daily, is there going to be a problem?

I get up pretty late some days and oats I find tend to take a lot longer to get through a cup of oats than I would the equivalent in weetbix, and in general weetbix are easier to prepare. I just whack a bit of honey on top with full cream (lactose free) milk and I'm good to go, I also enjoy the taste of weetbix a lot more.

awesome thanks for the info. Once I start getting my normal diet in control I'll look into this.

it really helps with higher deficits, before I would do a cheat day every month and that ended up hurting me a whole lot more since the time between was so long.

Generally speaking, more volume will make you stronger. Though if you are a beginner and actually try hard, you can ride 3x5 all the way to 3 plate.

Probably 5x5. Significantly more volume at a slightly less intensity.

Again, do it at the end of your workout. Weighted planks, ab wheel, Russian twists.

It's not a program unless it has progression. Figure out a way to do more over time. I recommend my 20 minute routine, 2-3x per week. The way it works is to do 1 pull-up a minute for 20 minutes. This gives you 20 pull-ups total. The next time, try 2 pull-ups for the first three sets, then just 1 for the remaining 17. This will give you 23 total reps. The time after, do 2 pull-ups for the first 6 sets, then 1 for the remaining 14, resulting in 26 total reps. This method allows you to get a lot of volume in a short period of time. I used to get to 20 pull-ups in a single set. By that point, I was doing 115 total pull-ups in my 20 minute workout.

Go lift. You'll feel better. Unless you feel like absolute garbage, then go tomorrow. But don't make a habit of postponing your workouts. That's a faggot thing to do that will get you nowhere.

When you can utilize the muscle in light resistance training without pain. Strain a bicep? No upper body pulling for a week or two. But do some weightless curls with your arm to work it though full ROM during that time. Is the pain gone? Try some really light weight curls, like 5-10 lbs for higher reps. Try 15-20 lbs the next time. Then 25-30 after that. Just play it by ear. Let pain be your guide.

Veggies and water. Keep some 12 oz bags of frozen low carb veggies in your freezer. Steam those bitches up if you get hungry.

Autism, user.

Look them up on labdoor and other independent labs to make sure they aren't amino spiked, sugar filled, heavy metal laced meme powders. Can you get myprotein?

Strained a hamstring, I've rested and today I did some light stretching and strengthening exercises.I feel no pain but the muscle feels a bit weak and tired.

Opinions on Alan Thrall's bulking diet, and 5k bulking diets in general? Been dyel for a year and am very desperate for gains.

youtube.com/watch?v=gJio0lPysF8

No individual food you eat throughout the day is going to make or break you. It doesn't have as good macros or micros as oatmeal, but what matters if you're hitting your goals anyhow.

>Autism, user.
What does autism have to do with people seeing your dick?

>Can you get myprotein?
it costs almost as much as ON here.

They have sales of 20-40% off all the time. I usually wait for 40% off then get 22 lbs.

Anyone have any experience with the prohormone Hexadrone? Thinking of picking some up.

well i ordered the cheapest one

if i die, remember never to buy from Health Village

jesus fucking christ, clean your kitchen, I can see the food scraps on the floor.

How much does getting a cold affect gains?

mildly. You'll be in bed for a few days at-most and probably lose a bit of weight. The flu on the other hand will fuck you up.

What's the best belt for weighted dips/pull ups?

>But don't make a habit of postponing your workouts. That's a faggot thing to do that will get you nowhere.
Thanks, I went for it just for this reason.

Any cheap dip belt will do. I have the leather Harbinger from Amazon. Done thousands of reps with it, up to 120 lbs, no problem.

Good job user.

Is it a sin to OHP on a squat rack/power box? What about barbell shrugs? (My gym has 2 racks and 2 boxes so its usually not hard to find an empty one)

How retarded would I be for doing some assistance exercises after cardio?

I was thinking I'd do farmer's walks with a couple of plates around the track after i get my running in

Here are my current maxes, am I making it? (5'11'', 183)
Squat- 275x5
Power Clean-205x5
Bench-170x5
Box Squat-470x5
Vertical-31"

You generally don't want to do weights after cardio. Your body is tired and your performance will be worse than if you did it before.

OHP I don't see an issue with, as that weight can be difficult to pick up between sets. Shrugs however can be done outside a cage.

yes
do more next time

I'm a student on a budget and can't afford protien powder.
Is there any way to make Greek yogurt portable?
Maybe a recipe that involves baking it with oat flour that isn't too unhealthy?

When should I switch to the Texas Method of of SL? I think the volume's getting to be a bit much for my manlet ass

how do i feel my chest being targeted when i'm benching?

Also, can i do 5x5 for strength for only one exercise on a particular muscle, then on other exercises of the same muscle do high rep sets so i can both get stronger and bigger?

buy protein faggot, or eat tuna cans but no more than 4 a week, stuff gives you mercury poison.

3x5 or 5x5?
or fuck it and do 4x8-12

off of*

Should I get a 4ft or 7ft barbell?

I'm doing a 6 day PPL, what days should I add ab exercises?

Also I live in a city and have a job where I'm on my feet the entire time, would it be stupid to try and add some HIIT to my week? At work I'm active the entire time but it's not high intensity.

Skinnyfat here, should I focus on cutting, lifting or both?
I've lost 3kg this month doing cardio and eating less but will lifting help me to lose more body fat? I think last year I looked more fat because of lifting

Both, read the fucking sticky

how do I ask a grill out who is always with her group of friends and who I havent ever spoken to one on one?
She is shy and a 6/10 at best

Add hanging leg raises to decompress the spine from squats and deadlifts and hypertrophy the deep abs. Plus it will fight anterior pelic tilt.
By not mentioning weighted dead hang pull ups, BB row dumbell press, and Strict standing curl maxes I imagine your physique is lacking.
Blend greek yogurt with strawberry and bannana and ice

How do I make my neck wider? It looks like a fucking twig right now
Just started lifting 3 months ago, not doing deadlifts or squats yet

These threads are great. Thank you.

What's the functional difference between one handed dumbbell rows and bent over barbell rows? Does it matter if I do one over the other? It feels like I can lift more in dumbbells than on a bar

It's fine. Especially if nobody needs to use it. I do fucking curls in the rack if there are plenty open. It's only a problem if you're keeping somebody that needs to bench or squat from using the rack.

Just do your assistance work after your compounds.

Getting there. Do upper body pulling if you're not already.

Buy myprotein powder when it's on sale. It's much cheaper than Greek yogurt. Whey is literally among the cheapest sources of protein. Whey is not expensive. The only things that are cheaper is shit like bulk chicken breasts that are on sale.

You switch when your program doesn't work anymore, despite adequate nutrition, rest, and adherence to the program. Not arbitrary periods of time or weights lifted. Stop using the program when it isn't working.

You don't need to "feel" it. If you're bench pressing, you're using your chest. You may have bad form though. Yes, people typically do heavy compound barbell movements then lighter assistance movements for more volume.

For what purpose? What program are you on?

Get a 7 ft, 45 lb, Olympic barbell. What is your budget, and what are you planning to do with it?

I do it on L.

Do both. Beginner lifters can increase their lean body mass while losing weight. This is what you want to do.

Look up neck bridges. Do DLs and shrugs.

Dumbbell rows are easier on the back and hamstrings, because of bench support. You can get a little more ROM because the bar doesn't hit your chest. It's easier to push yourself and get more reps without risking your back. BB rows are great for helping build spinal erectors. Doesn't really matter which you do for general strength training purposes. Just do one and get good at it.

I don't have access to a full gym.
Does pull-ups, skull crushers, L-sits, Step-ups, diamond push ups, and rows seem like a decent enough beginner full body routine?

No. The largest and most powerful muscles of your body are your quads, hamstrings, and glutes. Your spinal erectors are very important too. What you've listed is like a 35% body routine. You're neglecting the majority of your skeletal muscle. No, step-ups do not count. Just go to a real gym. There are loads of $10 a month options now.

There aren't affordable gyms near me. I ripped the routine almost directly off a bodyweight fitness website. Are there any feasible changes that can be made to make it more manageable?

You can add things like pistol squats, jump variations, do some goblet squats with something heavy.

Just realize that this is not a replacement for real strength training. If you want to be big and strong, you need to lift. This will make you better looking and slightly stronger, but bodyweight routines have severe limitations in terms of strength and hypertrophy. Where do you live?

Small town in the south. Closest Planet Fitness is two hours away, and the Anytime Fitness near by is the cheapest and still out of my community college pay grade. Its unfortunate, but I do what I can

I should add that the mostly bodyweight plan is just until I find a higher paying job. At which point, yeah I'll go to that Anytime

That's too bad. Are there any community fitness centers or anything like that? No college gym? Sometimes hospitals have gyms that the public can pay a small fee to use. You may be able to scavenge a shitty weight set from craigslist (I'm also from a small town in the South, I know that sort of stuff doesn't come up often on craigslist, but you might get lucky).

ok heres what you can do-

Buy dumbbells that are about right at your 8 rep Overhead press max.

Do 6 OHP, 6 squats, 6 deadlifts, and 6 rows. then repeat a min later but with 5 reps, then repeat min later but with 4, etc etc.

Good cardio+full body compound workout. only needs dumbbells.

If I'm working a labouring job and spend all day standing up and carrying stuff, do I really need to warm up if I go to the gym straight after work? It's not like I've been sitting on my ass all day doing nothing.

What do you mean by warm up? You mean light cardio? Or doing lighter sets of whatever movement you're training? If the former, then no. If the latter, then yes. Warm up sets serve the purpose of additional reps to further ingrain the movement pattern and make you more efficient and stronger at it. They get you primed and ready to recruit all those motor units. Warm up sets make you perform better if done correctly.

I'm poor and I just bought a kettlebell (30 lb / 13.6 kg). Will I get in shape if I do a routine with it?

I'm not lookig to get pumped and a six pack... I just want to loose 15 lbs and be more healthier.

i'm 5'10 172, and pretty skinny but muscular. Are you not slim enough to just start lifting and bulking?

smile at her (not autistically) and see if she leaves her friends to talk to you. She probably won't. Then just find a reason to talk to the group and get her number somehow. From there, text her, and if she's responsive, ask her out.

>Hyuge chest

What happens once I reduce bodyfat? Will I always just have that little bit of stomach?

Pavel Tsatsouline. He will take care of you, user.

Post a pic. If you get lean enough, you won't be fat anymore. If you have stretched out skin, then it might require surgery to fix.

>Pavel Tsatsouline.
Thanks... Will look forward to it

skinnyfattransformation.com/

is this site a meme

I was just looking up SS and this guy had an article on why it's not great for beginners

I don't know what to believe, but for the record I just want to look better and not be an overweight-yet-still-weak sack of shit, i don't necessarily have increasing the number of pounds I can lift as my first priority

Yeah I mean both cardio and lifting, but more about lifting because that's the actual hard stuff.

I feel like I take up so much time on the equipment as it is just doing my sets, let alone doing warm up sets. Joining a gym tomorrow after using a home gym for the past 2 months so I'm kind of nervous to linger on one rack for too long.

Everything in my house is either dick level, or neck level to pose the camera. RIP.

I probably will, since I got huge without hardly noticing so I have pretty noticeable stretch marks. That honestly doesn't bother me, just not sure if I should bother cutting at this point because wide hips+big chest.

I glanced at the beginning of his article, and it 99% bullshit. You don't have a "body type". You don't need a special snowflake routine. You have very little lean mass, but some body fat. What you need to do is consistently lift weights 3-4 days a week with conviction, slowly build muscle on a 500 cal surplus. Once you've reached an appropriate body weight, you will then slowly cut and to reach a more desirable body fat. DO NOT CUT FIRST. You have nothing to cut to. You will be a disgusting skellington with no mass or strength. As soon as you start to gain mass after that, your bf% will go up a bit, you'll freak out, and decide you need to "cut" again. You will then be stuck in the autistic perpetual cut/bulk cycles that many skinnyfats fall victim to.

Doing a few warm-up sets should only take a few minutes. It's not a big deal.

You're probably just too fat and your hips aren't as wide as you think. No matter what, you'll look better leaner rather than being fat.

You should also post a pic to establish your skinny to fat ratio. If you're sufficiently fat enough, then you would be one of the few that actually need to cut first.

Are BCAA's useless as long as you take enough protein?