Soylent bread

Anyone have direct experience with this or know someone who has?

What are the pros & cons? I'm talking purely in terms of the tradeoff of less time energy & attention spent on making food, all else held constant - aka, if I were to replace one 400kcal solid food meal a day with a single 400kcal soylent shake, with identical macros.

>inb4 lol soy, enjoy your gyno etc etc

Looks like cum desu.

My girlfriend has been replacing 2-3 meals/day with it for 4ish months because she hates spending time to cook. She's fine.

However, I have friends in medicine/dieticians that say that we still don't know too much about absorption rates and tendencies. Seems to work just fine, but I would still eat real food at least once a day.

>400 kcal
Is this for babies?

Just blend yourself milk, banana, pb, oat shake. Cheaper and better for you than this horse cum

I heard you get really bad breath from drinking that shit all day

it's always broads drinking this shit, probably a horse cum fetish

its because people who dont have time to brush their teeth are in the same category as people who are TO BUSY TO MAKE THEIR FOOD

I have had it described to me as tasting like movie theater floor.

Why not just drink milk?

Yeah, but
>dairy
>no added minerals
>time taken to blend it yourself negates the purpose, might as well just make a solid food meal at that point

I've re-bought cases of the powdered form several times, never tried the bottled kind.

It's fine, and pretty damn convenient. I like actual food too much though, and haven't bought it lately. Flavor is fine.

Shelf-life of the powdered form is surprisingly short -- only a year after the date of manufacture, and you might get a batch that was a made a couple months ago, so it'll be even less.

The worst thing you can say about it is that it somehow manages to infuriate screeching autists like And a thousand other people with "lol that's dumb, why don't you just ____" comments like

They also don't need to be refrigerated before its opened. I was thinking of buying one pack and placing it in my desk as emergency food in case I forgot the food I make at home.

just skip the meal in those cases. how big of a insulin junkie sugar burner are you?

>And a thousand other people with "lol that's dumb, why don't you just ____" comments like

How about you calm down there, little buddy. I was asking you a question, not assaulting you

>And a thousand other people with "lol that's dumb, why don't you just ____" comments like

How much are they per portion and how many you take a day?

>t. buttmad mealcuck

i replaced 1-2 meals a day with it for about 3 months. It was good because i am weak when i get hungry and just grabbing this was nice. I don't think the coffiest kind tastes that bad really but i've never tried the regular.
Lately i just focus on meal prepping though but the soylent was super convienent.

I also tried a DIY type called "keto chow" when i was doing that and while it was good i couldn't handle how it wrecked my digestive track but i lost a lot of weight when i did keto full time.

Cool you're a good person to ask this question then. I meal prep too but it's almost always some variation of rice & beans, some crucifer, and some chicken or pork. Been like that for years. It's easy to make batches of each ingredient and so I always have some in the fridge to throw together, but the lack of variety I think is what kills me and often causes me to flat out just not eat as much as I would because I've already been overloading my body with rice & pinto beans as my main source of feed for multiple days at a time. :/

Does soylent alleviate that by taking the variety concept by the balls and throwing it out the window entirely? Or did you run into the same problem after a while?

That is what I currently do, I would rather skip a meal than be forced to eat fast food. But currently I am already eating at 1000+ calorie deficit. Skipping that lunch would put me at 1500+.

I can confimr that huel, a similar uk product, tastes an awful lot like butt.
i've tried all kinds of flavours, even bulkpowders liquiflav which can usually make anything palatable, butt is still the dominant flavour.

on the positive, its filling and i don't fell all weak and fainty like i thought i would.

I understand. What about eating more later? Like when you get home just have a bigger dinner?

How much butt have you eaten to compare? And does it really taste like salty milk and coins with a hint of poop scent occasionally?

my ex gf had some hygiene problems, lets leave it at that

I premake my meals on twice a week and package them up so each meal is equally balanced and weighed. I could just eat the lunch I made when I got home with my dinner, but then I feel like a fatty mcfat fat for downing a whole days worth of food in one sitting. I could also only eat part of the lunch I had made but then it is no longer enough for a full meal and what ever I don't eat will get thrown out.

I really enjoy the big meals. One of the things I like about IF is I actually feel full.

>inb4 the truth gets told

Ya, 1.5x the normal meal would be fine, but a double meal is too much.

i can't imagine replacing all my meals with soylent and that's exclusively a problem i have with my own desire for variety. I think the variety thing is just a hurdle that me and many others need that too.
i KNOW i think too much about food and i just wish i could not think of it all the time and just have it be a thing you quickly do to satisfy hunger and nutrition then mvoe on