Bruce Lee / hardcore Asians

Why aren't there any hardcore Asians like Bruce Lee?

Why are there no Asian males being seen as masculine? All of the Asian actors are all comedic and all shit on themselves and their culture to be funny. ( see Jen Jung, Jackie chan)

Bruce was hardcore as fuck and actually tried to break the Asian stereotype. His movies have sex, gore and thriller action. He actually was the first Asian actor to have complete control over his career and not get cucked. Not to mention his signature is worth more than JFK and Admiral Nelson.

Why are there no Asian sex symbols like Bruce?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.fightland.vice.com/blog/bruce-lee-vs-wong-jack-man-fact-fiction-and-the-birth-of-the-dragon
youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg
youtube.com/watch?v=IXffCCC2rDo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

asians are dicklets /thread

Don't forget that he was the first successfull asian actor in the west, a great martial artist (actual ma, not hollywood bs), and wrote books on philosophy as well. And on top of that he landed himself some white poon. It's like he's the manliest asian since Ghengis Khan...

That dude in Tom Cruise's Last Samurai and Inception is pretty bad ass.

If you read a biography he's hardcore as fuck

>had his own street gang in Hong Kong
>street fighting for yip mans dojo promoting wing chun
>warring with the California China towns
>threatening to kill/ pulling knives on triad movie directors (lo Wei) so he wouldn't get cucked financially

He was literally a mad man. He was alpha as fuck

"Bruce had me up to three miles a day, really at a good pace. We'd run the three miles in twenty-one or twenty-two minutes. Just under eight minutes a mile [Note: when running on his own in 1968, Lee would get his time down to six-and-a-half minutes per mile.] So this morning he said to me, "We're going to go five." I said, "Bruce, I can't go five. I'm a helluva lot older than you are, and I can't do five." He said, "When we get to three, we'll shift gears and it's only two more and you'll do it." I said, "Okay, hell, I'll go for it." So we get to three, we go into the fourth mile and I'm okay for three or four minutes, and then I really begin to give out. I'm tired, my heart's pounding. I can't go any more and so I say to him, "Bruce, if I run any more," -- and we're still running -- "if i run any more I'm liable to have a heart attack and die." He said, "Then die." It made me so mad that I went the full five miles. Afterward I went to the shower and then I wanted to talk to him about it. I said, you know, "Why did you say that?" He said, "Because you might as well be dead. Seriously, if you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it'll spread over into the rest of your life. It'll spread limits into your work, into your morality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level."

Frank fucking Yang.

Buakaw is the closest thing running.

Steve McQueen?

I could name 100s of buff men from Korea alone. Just because OP only knows about Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee doesn't mean there are none.

After months of warring with the California China towns, insulting them through books and lectures saying they weren't real fighters, the China towns arranged for Wong jack man to fight Bruce.

Even Wong jack man said flat out

>"If I should be made to fight again..."

Bruce said

>"That paper had all the names of the sifu from Chinatown, but they don't scare me”.

m.fightland.vice.com/blog/bruce-lee-vs-wong-jack-man-fact-fiction-and-the-birth-of-the-dragon

Yeah but it's all about making a name for yourself and being known and being taken seriously internationally

Being buff doesn't help when the face isn't masculine.

No, his parents literally wipe his ass. He hasn't paid for his own shit his entire life.
He has an art degree and makes youtube videos. You think he makes enough to support himself? His philosophy is so shit as well. It's extremely cringe and total horse shit. If you think he's "hardcore," your standards are low as shit.

>Kung fu flicks
>Breaking stereotypes

OK dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg

>400lb bench at 150

How in the world does he do that?

Before they use to be comical but Bruce made them serious and started a world wide craze for it. Without him there would be no Jackie chan or Jet Li.

He conquered the world

youtube.com/watch?v=IXffCCC2rDo

Yeah they just dominate weightlifting in almost every category

I tried and you won't find them by googling hardcore asians that's for damn sure.

Bruce Lee was a pretty boy actor with no documented experience in any combat sport competition.

the fuck? almost triple bodyweight bench Press (clean cut without san-fran bridge arch) and he doesn't look like a roided mutant?

is this possible natty?

HE'S A CYBORG!

Never heard of Donnie Yen before?

Who? Bruce Lee 2.0?
Yeah we've all heard of him. But he's not got the same exposure as Bruce, Jackie Chan, Chow Yun Fat or Jet Li.

He's the one who made it.

underrated

Dude, there were no kung-fu flicks in america before brucelee.
None.
There were thousands of WHITE DUDE LEARNS KUNG-FU martial arts flicks after him in america though. There were litterally no more asian martial artists or big asian actors after him.
There's like that one hot asian chick and that other one hot asian chick and that homely funny asian chick and that's it.

No seriously. Think of FIVE Asian actors who are also martial artists from America outside of america WHO ARE NOT BRUCE LEE!
No, Brandon Lee and Jackie Chan do not count.

Why did you reply to me?

In case it wasn't a mistake,

> Bruce Li makes movie
> highly successful
> many others copy it
> becomes stereotype
It isn't that hard.

> Dude, there were no kung-fu flicks in america before brucelee.
> None.
I'm well aware. Bruce Li's movies is where the stereotype originated.

>Asian actors are all comedic and all shit on themselves and their culture to be funny. ( see Jen Jung, Jackie chan)

I don't know who Jen Jung is, but Jet Li, Jackie Chan, and Donnie Yen have never made fun of Chinese culture

did you even read the post? it's about way more than being buff you retard meathead

Yeah sorry. I meant for the other guy.

Oh and being the first does not mean he's a stereotype. It means he was the originator and that many people copied him.

PS. Asians as martial artists in movies is only a bad stereotype in America.
It's brought up so they can pull a David Caradine and claim their being progressive and being all respective of someone else's culture rather then co-opting it for personal profit.

As a matter of fact, fucking Bruce Lee HATED those fucking Chinese stereotypes.

he train from child, he competed in bench press starting in high school, so basically training nothing but bench for 15 years

> Oh and being the first does not mean he's a stereotype. It means he was the originator and that many people copied him.
Don't misunderstand, I never said he was a stereotype. "He's the one who made it." means that he was the originator of the stereotype, not that he is one.

>But he's not got the same exposure as Bruce, Jackie Chan, Chow Yun Fat or Jet Li.

In the West maybe. He's one of Chinas highest paying movie stars currently though.

>mfw Bruce Lee was so fast that his films had to be shot at a higher framerate than 24 fps, making them cost a lot more to produce

Yeah I know. The dude is huge in China.
But not many people know him for much more then that thousand punches to the face part from IPman.

Ken jeung

The guy from the hangover

Bruce was all about pure Asian pride. In Hong Kong the Asians use to get bullied by the Caucasian kids so Bruce formed a anti-British gang in his school

Don't ever post vice links here, you bumder

>Bruce Lee wasn't comedic andshit on his culture to be funny
The fuck are you talking about? He did it all the time, even his darkest and most nationalistic film (pic related) had a couple of comedy sketches.

That's actually an informative article

His movies are seen as action first and only having mandatory a comedic relief.

The influence he had in anime is beyond any manga artist himself. That's astounding.

They have no credibility, especially on anything that's not modern pop music.
If you want to know more about Bruce Lee this book was pretty engaging for me even as a kid

I read that one it's a good book. The writer of that vice article also published a book on the beginning years when Bruce first came to America. I don't like vice, they're mainly nu males, but his articles shed a lot of light into his jackman/Chinatown war