>yoga/flexibility
>motivation
>equipment
>anything else relating to fitness and health
Please don't be afraid to ask!

what time does gym open?

I'm not certified to answer that.

Read the sticky

i finnally got my bench to 190 lbs 3X5 and on friday when i tried it it went back down to 4 reps im eating enough and shit should i deload or something different

Do I need to follow a beginner's program or would I be fine creating my own?

And if the latter, how would I go about creating my own program? As I am going for strength

Been lifting for about a year, including some cardio.

Have had tons of gains, a lot of muscle growth, etc. Im having a lot of trouble cutting fat around my flanks. Any supplement recommendations to give me that extra boost?

Please give me your opinion as to my (1) Body Fat % and (2) whether I should cut. I'm not really sure as to what a good benchmark for cutting would be. Thanks

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 197.6

Program: SL 5x5
Lifts:

- Squat: 205 5x5
- BP: 120 5x5
- BB Row: 115 5x5
- DL: 205 5x5

Why do I find squating with a bar so painful? It resting across my back is far more painful than it should be.

It's most likely your form--have you watched videos to double check?

Dude, you and I are the same height but I'm hovering at 208 right now. I look like shit compared to this. Thanks for showing me what losing an extra 10 pounds looks like.

hi im shy to go to gym what do?
im manlet 170 62kg

could be fat distribution too tho

Yep, even had people watch me to check. I have a bit of a blood problem that causes easy bruising, and after a period of illness am getting back to the gym so not sure if that part needs to 'toughen up'. Feels bad to feel like a weaking, can't even handle the bar.

Squat alternatives welcome

Do SS or 5x5. If you're a beginner and you try to make your own you could really fuck up. But if you really want to do it just post a thread here or ask a gym regular for help.

You put the bar on the wrong place. I am guessing you aren't squatting huge weight yet. You could try using only a bar without weights and just repositioning it to find the place where it needs to sit.

Do skinny pricks get picked on like hamplanets at a gym? Have a few home gym things but want to do more stuff.

don't listen to this guy, programs like that will just make you look like a fat t-rex. take a few weeks to just explore the gym and find what exercises you enjoy, then put those together into a routine that seems good to you. only total autists squat every workout and keep track of all their numbers in a notebook

buy a pull up bar.

>after a period of illness am getting back to the gym
You're gonna make it. You haven't made excuses and you're working user. You might need to get used to the bar again but don't think about being weaker than you were, no one in the gym is judging you.

I had the same problem starting out. It's just something that your body will get used to (could just be me though).

just go fag. nobody actually cares

i was thinking of suicide better

pls more refugeewelcome i need some jihad in my life right now

>>diet

How do I eat big...?

Don't want to listen to your quitter mutter.

What am I supposed to wear to gyms. Basketball shorts? Are regular shorts ok?

thats not nice
unless ur ready to fuck my boipussi u have no right to talk liek that

>that guy who wears basketball shorts to the gym

Maybe you did it with bad form and on Friday you did good form?

>lost 13kg doing nothing but diet
>still fat though
>join a gym
>still following the diet
>havent lost any weight at all in the past 3 weeks

Wasnt the work out supposed to help?

you're gaining muscle

>take a few weeks to explore the gym and find out what exercises you enjoy, then put them into a routine that seems good to you
It's not about what exercise he likes, it's about what gets results. Plus he's a beginner so letting him make his own program can fuck him up.
>only total autist squat everyday
>not making leg gains
>and keeping track of all their numbers
So keeping track of progress a bad thing now?

I've been doing bodyweight exercises for 1.5 months, but don't think my routine is good. I am seeing results, but I changed my diet and I think that's the main reason for the results. Routine is
Pull ups
Push ups
Bench Dips
Squats
Lunges
Pike push ups
and something for the abs. 1 day rest after each workout. Should I keep training the whole body every time or is it better to go for splits? I want to add exercises but than the workout gets quite long. Going to a gym is not an option. Can't afford it.

I work out at my home gym and the ceiling is too low to do standing OHP's. Is it bad for my back to do them kneeling?

What would be the best way to bulk overall body build? I'm really stumped on what routine would target my arms, legs, thighs, belly and upper torso? I know how to target specifics, but balancing it is hard without exercising over an hour.

5'9"
167lbs

What about the fat i still got left? Is it possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time?

split up your workouts user. Full body exercises is nice, but it doesn't give you time to really concentrate on certain muscles. I go for splits, It lets me provide more attention to developing muscles that i wanna workout. Also, time shouldn't be an issue for working out. Its YOUR body, if you want it to look good, you gotta devote some time into it. How else are you gonna get Veeky Forums?

What program are you doing? Any suggestion how to split it?

I see two possibilities for me splitting my routine:

A:
Back, Arms, Legs
Rest
Chest Shoulders, legs

or

B.
Back
rest
shoulders
rest..legs.. you know how it goes.

Probably doing far more damage to your knees than your back.

check gymbull.com

keeping strict track will only discourage him, he should listen to his body and not worry about metrics

>having a strict track will discourage him
So working consistently to a goal will discourage him
>listen to his body
No shit? Never said anything against that.
>not worry about metrics
So you don't want to keep tabs on how far you've come? Besides he's fucking asking about STRENGTH training, it is imperative that you keep a record of those numbers to see how strong you really are getting.

Do what this guy is saying but figure out how to add volume to upper body after a week of 2. Like add 3x10 lat raises if you can't do 3x5-10 pull/chin ups twice a week, do dips/push ups for 8-12 a set etc and add some core stuff.
After 4-6 months doing this you should have done more research and know what to do based on whether you want to be an ottermode bodybuilder, actual body builder, powerlifter or oly lifter.
Also if you keep following a program like SS/SL for too long without advice from a coach of changing the accessories up you will plateau pretty hard without roids shitloads of food or great genetics.
Remember if you aren't making any progress you aren't getting anywhere and depending on your strength depends when you should test to see if you have made progress, beginners should be making strength gains every week whether that means an increase in weight or doing an extra rep on one set of dips.

how much should I yell at the bignig for wondering why I did my 3 SS exercises in 10 minutes and left the gym so quickly even though I'm following the program

Thats a good post.
I'm not the quoted, i have a question:
Usually 4-6 months of SS is enough, right?
Is there any recommended routine after that for those who are interested in aesthetics?
And strenght?

Last question, on doing SS, is really so horrible to Squat on machines? I have a really big problem with space with my available gyms.

You can just send me links or books, i don't mind reading, if thats too much.

why the fuck is your arm purple

Does it still count as a complete set if I rack the bar after every 2 reps ?

Im doing gomad and im doing full body 6 times a week.
This is optimal right

Yes. Remember that muscle is denser than fat, so as you gain muscle and lose fat, you might technically put on some weight. As long as you eat at a slight caloric loss, while maintaining good macros, you can lose fat and build muscle.