antranik.org/bodyweight-training
globalbodyweighttraining.com
startbodyweight.com
/r/bodyweightfitness
fitloop.co

>Youtube Channels

youtube.com/user/GymnasticBodies

>Safest Static Hold Progression
Steady State Cycles: www.antranik.org/how-to-implement-a-steady-state-training-cycle

>Common Prereqs
> www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/?p=93540

>Wrist Prehab
www.kitlaughlin.com/docs/wrist-mobility_bodyline-exercises_handstands.pdf

>Bicep Tendon Prep
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Based Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC
library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

>Foundation series (4 books + 2 Handstand)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ixZ8JfgOK1o?t=2m32s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

anyone got advice in what position to start PPPU? trying to get the form right so I start laying down, but I guess that counts as half a rep?

> any advice for [insert bodyweight movement here]
Don't fucking do them and focus on heavy compounds

Also nice samefagging.

Poorfag here
I'm used to doing heavy compounds for 2 hours 4 days a week, so I feel like I could do bodyweight everyday. How terrible of a thing would that be to do to myself?

umadbruh?
fucking PENTA
meh same as doing deadlifts everyday, you can do them if you never load heavy, like you could deadlift a bar everyday for 2h and be ok, if you think bwg is so easy I have some bad news for you bruh

dominik sky posting cause i love his vids
heres his kind of pppu
youtu.be/ixZ8JfgOK1o?t=2m32s

>check those quints yo

linked to 2:32 if that wasnt apparent

cheers bro, I got the idea now

dk what this is and I'm not a BW type of guy but I was stretching on my linoleum floor wearing nothing but smartwool socks. I was in a plankish position and brought my feet up all the way to my chest, kinda standing up. I did this 4 times and my abs hurt 2 days after.

thanks for sharing

nothing but smartwool socks you say?

i get pretty groovy man

Wew finally a manlet containment thread

Stay here and dont come out

Oh boy, you're in for a surprise.

Don't bullshit me. How badly am I going to fuck myself up?

>6'3"
life is PAIN

>what are injuries from overworking
are you trolling senpai?

I mean, try if you can.
Chances are, you're going to look like a big baby struggling with pull ups on the second day. Let alone the third day.
Oh boy.

>implying he can do a pull up

bump

How does Foundation differ from pic?
I downloaded it, but couldn't find time to sit and read through it.

He's Croatian? Music in the background sounds South Slavic.

You don't need to read anything in Foundation, first few pages are explanation and usual banter, Foundation series has 7 fundamental GST (Gymnastic Strength Training):
Front Lever (FL)
Straddle Planche (sPL)
Side Lever (SL)
Manna (MN)
Single Leg Squat (SLS)
Hollowback Press (HBP)
Rope Climb (RC)

Personally I don't do SL, SLS and RC, since you need some specialized equipment for them (pull up bar for example is the minimum you would need)

First pages also contain training programs and progression for masteries, I do the 4 day program (ABxABxx)

As 'how does Foundation differ from pic related' Foundation has solid progression path, as for your pic related it's a mess, also the progression is questionable, like I mentioned in another /bwg/ thread, Foundation lists Bench Dips in HBP progression, it's level 4, push up is in same HBP progression in level 2

forgot to mention for RC I do Bent Over Rows with Barbell, doing 15rep mastery

I started lifting/machines like two weeks ago and at some exercises my arms just don't listen. They don't hurt or burn I just can't make them finish the rep. But when I start the weight feels easy.
Should I just continue with the same weight or do I lower it so I can finish 3x10?

in general, the rule is 'if you fail a rep you fail a rep' I don't know for lifting, but for bw I follow Foundation progression, why are you doing 3x10?
if you use the same weight you can use Foundation rep mastery progression

>173 cm
>165 cm
>167 cm

Never thought about it, but damn, these gymnasts are short.

yea user made me look height of the athletes I knew names of from file names, decided to add it for lulz

Been doing BW for a month now.
Im using the month of January as a warm up mont, to check stats and see what needs more work, also what hurts the most.

So basically:

3 x 25 sit ups
3 x 5 pull ups, 3 assisted
3 x 15 pike push ups
3 x 25 leg raises
3 x 15 push ups (no dip equipment, so been doing nothing but push ups)
3 x 15 horizontal pulls
45 sec plank.
Thinking about doing actual progressions this coming month.
suggestions, advice, comments?

Fundation from the OP pasta m8.
Alternatively or bw subreddit routine.

As for your routine anything above 12 reps is basically endurance training. Nothing wrong if you aim for it. IMO you should do more than 1 plank. Try 3 with 1 minute break between them.

Thank you user. Yes! i do do 3, forgot to put it on there sorry,

>3 x 25 leg raises
nigga what do you mean leg raises? toes to bar?
cause if you can hit 25 consecutive i got good news

no no no, so sorry, should of specify;
>flat straight leg raises.
apologies user.

Close enough with the Slavic - he's from Slovenia

Top tier taste

>Slovenia
Cool, I knew it sounded like something from former Yugoslavia.

I laughed way to hard at this, damn

On the practicality of pull-up bars.

Soon I'll be moving to a major city. I'll be renting an apartment, most likely sharing it with other renters. putting a pullup bar on one of the doorways will probably be verboten. the city gets super cold in the winter, so outdoor gyms are also not the answer.

major cities also won't let "just find a tree" to hang from.

will I need a gym membership just to do pullups?

Maybe buy something like pic?
I don't think there are gyms where you can just go for a sets of pullups without any sort of charge.
Why not doorway pullup? I've never heard anyone forbidding those.

Why don't you ask you landlord if you can put a bar over the doorway?

Get one off those removable ones like Iron gym's, its like 20 bucks and I doubt anybody is ever going to complain about you doing pull ups for 15mins every other day