Being able to lift your own body weight should be the limit for any normal person

being able to lift your own body weight should be the limit for any normal person
tell me a situation where you'd need to squat, bench press or deadlift a really heavy weight?

Baby trapped under a car.

do you think you'd be able to deadlift a car?

You're hiking and have a pack on with 40lbs of supplies, you slip and are hanging off a cliff. What do?

Or deadlifts, its your buddy that weighs 50lbs+ more than you and slips is hanging over a river, what do?

Why? The baby's dead

Yeah cuz squat bench and deadlift have 0 carryover to anything other than those lifts , infact I can deadlift 200kg but I could never do manual labour cuz I just am too weak.

Fukn tard

crawl under the car?
lmao

Have you trying deadlifting a book?

to eat the baby for protein

Why would you even need to lift your body weight? Essentially useless in today's society.

People lift because its something they like to do.

>squat

carrying someone/something on your back

>bench press

pushing something forward, although OHP strength is better for this

>deadlift

picking anything up off the floor

most situations likely won't require a really heavy weight, but if you are good at lifting a really heavy weight then you'll be REALLY REALLY good at lifting a lighter weight.

QED, nerd.

>call 911
>if the baby is in a position where a car is over it and it isn't dead, it can wait for help
>if its not its already dead
i also lift to look in the mirror and smile instead of crying

Climbing mostly.

>He's never pushed a car to a gas station
>He's never had to move anything without an elevator

I'm sure your mommy thinks you're strong enough.

I don't have to squat 500lbs to be able to push a car, moron.

I can conv deadlift 3 times my own bodyweght and do it raw. Fuck you.

>tell me a situation where you'd need to squat, bench press or deadlift a really heavy weight?
this is missing the point of the compound exercises. you don't do them because you need to deadlift 200kg, you do them because they make a shit ton of muscle groups strong at the same time, so that you'll be prepared when you need to do anything that requires any of these muscle groups to be strong. all human movement depends on contracting muscles, so improve the force your muscles can contract with improves pretty much everything you do.

Wait till you find a hill, moron.

We can't all be manlets in a prius.

it doesn't invalidate my point either, being strong enough to lift your own body weight is enough for a normal person

Sage

Why settle for being a normal person?
Strive to be better.

"enough" for what? existing in modern society? sure. it's not "enough" for hard manual labor, being an athlete, being a good fighter or anything else that involves anything more active than being a useless sack of shit. and why are we even concerned with "enough"? most of us want to be something more than the bare minimum.

hard manual labor can easily be done by machines nowadays
being an athlete is a fair point although only defenders are the ones needed to be stronger than a normal individual
fighters are just about technique

this is invalid. Most people are not retarded enough to join the Army.

Enjoy getting shot for nothing while I fuck your wife, militaryfag

not sure if trolling or just stupid, but I don't really care either way

We can't get svelte athletic chicks. The best we can get are high test chicks who usually weigh in the 200-300 pound range. Try being able to move an out of breath THICC chick during sex when you're a DYEL.

My Dad who is basically a whale fell over while leaning too far back in his chair. He fell in a corner where he has a window above his head and a cabinet to one side. He was too fat/immobile to get himself out of the chair, and had to wait until I walked past the room and call for help.

Have you ever tried dragging something that weighs over 150kg across the floor?

Let's say a baby's foot is under a car and gasoline is leaking. You have one minute to save the baby.

Deadlift and flip it over? No.

Deadlift enough so the baby's crushed foot is freed so someone else can pull it out? Possibly

Here's a situation I know most of you are unfamiliar with:

>When I take my shirt off and make girls want to gobble my cock even more

I like to lift things heavier than me so I have something to think about when I jerk off and so I can impress faggots on a Jamaican Jerk Chicken recipe board.
So that's why OP

>get in the car, release the brake and push the car out of the baby's foot

If your in the military/law enforcement and need to drag a 180-200 lbs male with 20-100 lbs worth of gear and weaponry.

According to Mark Rippetoe a typical male can deadlift 250-300 lbs without "specializing in strength"

So I guess doing the work without going crazy?

>keep your gas tank full
>if car breaks down, call a tow truck

Are you poor or somethng?

if you're in the army then you don't fit in the average person spectrum

At the gym, lol

me and two bros that also dead lift

also what happens if I need to save a whole bunch of incapacitated people from drowning in a pool of acid?

what if I need to fight some bad guy that weighs more than me?

what if theres some thing that is in my way and I need to move it but it also weighs more than me?

there's literally no reason to get as strong as you can with good form.

Do you need another man to do everything for you?

Because that's not how you stay rich.

>most situations likely won't require a really heavy weight, but if you are good at lifting a really heavy weight then you'll be REALLY REALLY good at lifting a lighter weight.

This a million times. People who say benching/squatting/DL hundreds of kilos is useless miss this point entirely. If you can bench 100kg you will more easily move a 50kg weight than if your limit is at exactly 50kg.

squats, deadlifts, and bench press are not useful because they emulate movements people often do in nature, they are useful because they involve large amounts of muscle mass through significant range of motion and lend themselves well to incremental loading and progressive overload

if it was all about training with movements that resemble real life movements, football players would be much better off doing partial range of motion incline bench and quarter squats, because these resemble actually shoving someone off of you more than a full bench or squat do

>i also lift to look in the mirror and smile instead of crying
Does it work?
Asking for a friend

>tell me a situation where you'd need to squat, bench press or deadlift a really heavy weight?
A powerlifting competition

what about the hundreds of weak women who have done this

feels good man.

This

they didn't do it as well as I can.

it's not about being able to lift really heavy weight

it's about training to be able to lift really heavy weight so that submaximal lifts become easier and less taxing on your body, therefore reducing the risk of injury and increasing general strength for submaximal loads

lol'd
probably was said before, but there are lots of situations when you need to carry someone or something from one place to another, no?

Lmfao dude what are you talking about this doesn't change anything about the situation except the baby might get gasoline on it

>He's never carried anything/anyone on his back

>hard manual labor can easily be done by machines nowadays
Alright now I know this is b8

>compound movements
>what in life involves the use of many muscle groups to work together to bring about some mechanical work?

Take the pack off, or let my "buddy" go because he's either fat or a lankfaggot.

what kind of manual labor can't be done by machines?

Cus its fun to lift heavy
Its a freetime activity
literally no freetime activity is useful outside of it

Nigga do you carry machines around with you everywhere? Are you going to use a machine to pick up boxes? Just going to whip out a machine if you need to fix something? Going to use a machine to dig a hole?

what are forklifts and drilling machines for $200

Non-ant version

Ah yes. I carry a forklift around with me everywhere. And buying a drilling machine is totally better than saving money and doing it yourself, right?

Eat Dad for gains

it's more efficient. you don't need to carry a forklift whenever you go, since we're talking about hard manual *labors* you'd have one at your job

Getting OPs mum into bed

I'm not talking about a job. I'm talking about everyday life. Look, I'm not a blue collar worker, I'm a college student. However, there have been tons of situations that required moving heavy things. This happens all the time.

so you're saying the reason you train is for someday you'll be able to lift a heavy box or dig a hole if that situation happens?

First of all, it's when it happens, not if. Secondly, no, because it's a productive hobby.

still your own body weight surely is enough. I weight 100kg and if there's a box that weights more than that I could just call someone to help me out

Being able to lift heavy weight will increase your work capacity with lower weight. If your cardiovascular and respiratory system are up to par, you can carry the same loads as other people for far longer distances without fatigue setting in. You also learn how to keep your lumbar spine in a healthy position under heavy loads, which will prevent back pain.

A good example I noticed myself is when I used to work on my car, my lower back, legs and arms always used to be sore and hurt for days before I started lifting. Now, I do 1/2/2.5/3 for reps. Felt almost no muscle fatigue and absolutely no lower back pain whatsoever after a rear break job with multiple horribly seized bolts.

okay so A. you're a fatass and B. if I've got 30kg of books in a box to move, I guarantee I can hold it longer and move up and down more flights of stairs with it than you. if you can deadlift your weight you probably can't move it more than a few feet

I work on a farm, so strength is useful. I sumo deadlift 150kg sows by their tails (they don't mind) when they're being too stubborn to get up. It's not a full 150kg deadlift, but often you have to push/move them around from their rear, and you need strong hips when a large animal is standing its ground.

Also have you ever had to move a washing machine or a fridge?

>I guarantee I can hold it longer and move up and down more flights of stairs with it than you
the point being? it's not a competition, m8
we both just want to carry the books upstairs

If you want to move from one place to another you would have to lift your own bw. I think most people would like to be able to move.

How do you move a fridge properly?

Looks like you haven't either.

Not the guy you're replying to. his point is, since he trained to be strong he won't have as many problems as you may have carrying the load up the stairs

adrenaline son

kek

I wish I was simple minded enough to enjoy lifting things.

I am 911