Eating 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight is just a meme right?

Eating 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight is just a meme right?

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27511985
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20844073
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23459753
anabolicsteroidcalculator.com/resources/articles/supplements/article6.pdf
jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/1103993
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
anabolicmen.com/fats-and-testosterone/
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1
sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/01/160127132741.htm
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/103/3/738.full.pdf html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

when bulking yes

when cutting its needed

right XDDD

Yes it's more like 1g per KG. Every study shows more comes with diminishing returns. Every high lvl sport strength and conditioning coach in the world as their athletes eating 1g per kg. I honestly don't know how in the fuck a person would find enough protein in a day to hit 1g per pound.

yes
anything over 100g is just going to be turned into sugar and create a fuckton of nitrogen in the process
thats why your mom tells you whey will kill your kidneys

Yes. At peak (think professional bodybuilders) you will need ~.80 per pound. Your average lifter will probably be fine at ~.6g per pound. Honestly, as long as you're getting 100g of protein you'll most likely be fine. (you're not a powerlifter at 250+ are you?)

Source

Yes. It's broscience

I find it really easy to hit, even when cutting. And it keeps you full, so why not? I generally have one or 0 scoops per day and hit 200 at 175 body weight. Pic related, today, cutting.

Here ya go bois.

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

>asian body building
LOL

At most intense possible level, Approx 1.5g/KG. Still, the layman will be benefitting from 1.0 fine. Gotta eat big to get big, boi

Just eat a pound if 99/1 ground turkey its 480 calories and like 120 grams of protein... Its really not that hard to get that much protein even without the new powder I can do it easily on a 1900 calorie cut

i've found that this is the case OP.

even this guy is wrong.

when cutting, your protein will be higher in comparison to the rest of what makes up your diet, but you still never really need to exceed .8-.9g per lb of bodyweight, and also keep in mind this number is to be used by the amount of LEAN muscle weight you have, or are aiming for.

if you're 180lb 30% bf, trying to get down to 150lb lean bodyweight, eating at least 120g a day is perfectly fine. sometimes even less.

when you're bulking chances are it doesnt matter because you'll be hitting ridiculous numbers of protein regardless.

I think it depends on the type of training. If you're doing a high volume/hypertrophy routine your muscles will hurt in rest days so the best you can do is eating such high amounts of protein to get them repaired effectively.
I'm on SS and are okay with about 100g per day.

Muscle protein synthesis is maximally stimulated with a 40g (0.185g/lb) bolus of protein and this needs to be dosed every 3 hours to avoid the muscle full effect. So it ceilings at 0.185*8 = 1.48g/lb per day

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27511985
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20844073
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23459753
anabolicsteroidcalculator.com/resources/articles/supplements/article6.pdf

Most of the studies involve just telling idiots to ingest massive quantities of protein at once instead of spacing it out essentially rendering the effects undetectable

Here's a better one senpai

jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/1103993

>In an elegant study, Bray et al. (2012) confined healthy participants to an in-house environment where they were overfed ~1,000 kcal daily (corresponding to a ~40 % increase in energy above that required for weight maintenance) for 8 weeks with diets composed of either low (5 % or ~0.68 g kg-1 day-1), medium (15 % or ~1.79 g kg-1 day-1), or high (25 % or ~ 3.0 g kg-1 day-1 ) protein. The excess energy from overfeeding resulted in significantly less overall weight gain in the low protein group (3.16 kg) compared with the normal (6.05 kg) or high-protein groups (6.51 kg).

>while the low protein group lost ~0.7 kg of lean mass, the medium and high-protein groups gained 2.87 and 3.18 kg of lean mass, respectively, and this was associated with an increase in resting energy expenditure

>not waking up twice in the middle of the night to ingest 40g protein
You fags are never gonna make it

>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>anabolicmen.com/fats-and-testosterone/
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1
Just eat as much as you reasonably can

*BRRRRRRRRRRRROooooooooooooooLLLLLLLLLLLP*

Sound of a fart being muffled.

what is casein

>1g per pound bodyweight
meme
>0.8 to 1g per pound LBM (!)
no meme

> Dyslexia
LOL

A meme you retard

yea you are fine with taking less than that

>excess protein is converted to sugar
u wot

kkkkkrrrrrrrrrrrbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Finally! Someone who understands that the whole 1g/lb thing is bullshit.

it was made up by the sugar-filled and "maltodextrin" filled powder companies.

you need enough protein to support skeletal muscle, and normal organ function.

everything else leaves via the dump.

>you heard it right here.

Yup a meme

>BRRROOOOOOOOP BRROOOOOPP
>babes sniff snifffff who wants to go first?
>me user kun
>babe unzips pants* just sit over here, no wait you want to grab my dick and suck, you can take a facial.
>takes off bra and exposes boobs, yay anonkun you are the best man I want to swallow your high protein semen
>brrAAAAAPPPP
>SNIFF is that a protein fart, what protein powder? UGH, I'm already getting hard
>Yes anonkun I do lots of squats and eat lean chicken
>Anonkun can I suck now, BRAAAAAPPPPP
>y-yes I'm hard enough, start suckkkkkkkkkkk
>BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP
>SNIFF SNIFF, I NEEDDDDD T-ttttooo releaseeeeee
>BRAAAAPPPPPPP
>sssss-stop I ccccant this ww--wonderful smell anymore
>cums all over room

It's not a meme, studies have found that you will build muscle even during a caloric deficit if you get between .6 - 1.1 gram per body lb. With the most results coming from 1.1 gram per body lb.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/01/160127132741.htm
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/103/3/738.full.pdf html

What this means is that there is ZERO reason to bulk and ZERO reason not to have abs all year long other than ice cream being delicious.

See

So that egg whites guy must be solid muscles

>studies
>posts one study
>its about more vs less protein during a cut

If you're eating at maintenance or surplus you do NOT need 1g per lb

>between .6 - 1.1 gram per body lb

Does it matter if you take your protein spreader throughout the day, or just in 3 meals?

spread*

only in a small timeframe after a workout (30mins. or so) or it will go straight to your bladder and be pissed out entirely.

What the hell?

life's a bitch :)

>not posting the gif

Protein = Muscle is a meme anyway
Protein is literally from the brain tissue of the animal or plant. Brains are not a muscle, they are an organ. Protein will help organs but not muscles. Carbs are actually better for muscle - most muscles are made of sugar. I have seen GAINS since I switched to an 80% carb, 15% protein, 5% fat diet.

Holy fucking shit. Stop posting studies where the subjects are fat dyels. We know about noobgains and the possibility to recomposition as a fat dyel. This isn't news.

>I honestly don't know how in the fuck a person would find enough protein in a day to hit 1g per pound.
I don't even try and get to about 200g pretty much every day. It ain't hard friendo.

>all these vegans trying to cuck your gains by saying you need a hilariously small amount of protein

Don't fall for this shit. They're spreading the lie that aN active man only need 80 grams of protein so that a vegcuck diet doesn't sound as insane when they spam more threads about it.

Also achievable on veg diet, see pic related

This doesn't prove what you said; these were very short studies that were applied to people that never lifted before.

>applied to people that never lifted before.
I swear there should be seperate studies for people who are average and dyel and people who actually work out, especially in relation to health, fitness and nutrition

protip: muscle protein synthesis is not regulated on a daily basis. it's more of an hourly basis. therefore it doesn't make much sense counting only your daily protein intake. it works well, but it's not optimal.

you should instead count your protein intake per meal. studies show that the amino acid leucine is basically what drives muscle protein synthesis. you need about 3-4 grams of leucine per meal to maximize MPS, depending on your bodyweight and age and shit. this is usually achieved with 30-50 grams of complete protons depending on the source. dairy products and meat stuff usually are high in leucine while vegan sources are somewhat lacking. eating any more (complete) protein than what yields 3-4 grams of leucine won't be of any benefit except maybe satiety, and of course calories.

also, pretty much no matter how much protein you eat in a sitting, one meal only spikes your MPS for about 3-5 hours. to spike MPS as often as possible, you should thus eat every 3-4 hours or so, but you shouldn't eat with less than 3 hours between meals due to the refractory period in MPS. eating another meal within 3 hours of finishing your last meal won't yield another bout of MPS, but will just "continue" the previous meal. this is fine if you need to fill your daily macros, but it's not optimal. for most people, this means eating 3-5 times a day. depending on that and your bodyweight and protein sources, you can do very well with as little as 100 grams of protein (3 meals with 33 grams of protein yielding 3 grams of leucine each). or you might need 250 grams of protein (5 meals with 50 grams, each one yielding 4 grams of leucine). stop blindly looking at bodyweight ratios.

The people who actually do workout and are so advanced compared to the norm or dyels that nothing they are doing will help them much.

Most of the modern studies are to help normies get fit.

Oddly enough no one is actually telling normies about the basic levels of fitness and basic health they should strive for.
Just the shitty bmi and 30 minutes of moderate activity twice a week suggestions over and over agin.

Non-organic chicken breast eating hobo or rich son of a negroid detected

Stop saying things that make sense user, only meat has protein!

>studies have found

Weasel words. A handful of 6 week studies on fat out of shape blobs who have never touched a weight is not relevant in the slightest to someone who has been lifting seriously for any length of time.