I have this friend. He straps into every single lift he does regardless of weight. Even bench and back squat

I have this friend. He straps into every single lift he does regardless of weight. Even bench and back squat.

Is this bad? Seems dangerous to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FscpEdSTiNA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Show him some videos of people fucking up their shit with straps

Could be dangerous with squats, since you can't dump it properly if you're strapped.

He's a retard. If his grip is slipping he needs to chalk up and start sweating less.

sounds like a great way to get tiny forearms and weak grip

you don't really depend on your grip strength in squats or bench, so it's dangerous, useless and retarded

Back squat makes no fucking sense. I've used straps on Bench Press just to try it out and it did help for some reason.

Grab his dick and caress it in your palm while he's in mid-lift and he won't be able to stop you because his hands are strapped to the bar. He will either try his hardest to swat your hand away or you both will fall in love and get gay married and kiss-squat with each other into the great heavens and beyond.

No.
do whatever is needed to assure you keep lifting
consistency and over loaded is needed
not measuring one's dick with others

>I've used straps on Bench Press just to try it out and it did help for some reason.
Probably served the same function as a pair of wrist wraps, only not as good.

>his grip is slipping he needs to chalk up
Solid advice.
>and start sweating less.
Idiot.

>OHPs and fails
>Fall backwards and break your neck on the bar instead of letting go

Yeah, tell your friend to not die.

I saw some polish faggots yesterday doing 0.5 plate squats with knee wraps, belt, pussy pad and straps.
Cringed tbqh

Straps are for pussies who rather take the easy way out instead of developing grip strength

>back squat
>straps

What the fuck

Here's what could happen if you use straps retarded

youtu.be/FscpEdSTiNA

>Hurr straps are for weak faggots

You try snatch pulling with 110% of your max for 4x4 see how your hands feel after.

Cunts.

>chalk up
>not training grip strenght

Chalk doesn't make your grip harder.

It absorbs the sweat and makes your hands drier which allows you to grip the bar without sweat making you slip it.

Jesus Christ user. That scream was awful.

Everytime

>110% of your max
wat

>pulling with 110% of your max
Hmm seems interesting

why did that seem like a good idea to begin with holy shit

>110 percent of max
>for 4 reps

>110 percent of max
>for any amount of reps

Pick up a barbell at least once before coming to this site.

Snatch pulls and clean pulls are done at a supramaximal load because you're mostly training the first pull of the lift. Its a strength building exercise. The second pull and overhead portion of the lift are omitted because obviously you can't lift more than your max

>not doing 200% of your max for a 100 reps
Lmao you will never leave humanity behind, weaklings.

I start my workouts with squats and 90lb weighted pull ups, I end with deadlifts, and have toes to bar somewhere inbetween. I use straps on the hanging exercises because neither are really there for grip strength, but they both will cause huge fatigue by the time i get to deads. I do deadlifts with regular overhand grip, if you need mix grip your a massive faggot, if you use straps then you shouldnt be picking up the heavy weights.

cheeki breaki(ng arms)

Ok.