That's me

*I telekinetically move the plates onto the bar*

Nothin personell, kid.

that guy that does ohp but falls for the
>dont warm up with the bar meme
but hes so weak that he can only do the bar to warmup with anyway
so he skips ohp altogether and comes back at 2pm when nobody is there

i only do it for bench and OHP and stuff like that

for squats I never start with less than 135, because it doesn't even feel like a squat

for deadlifts i start at 265 because that's what a 50kg plate on each side weighs (and fuck loading up 45s just to take them off), and i can't get enough weights on the bar otherwise (gym has thick bumper plates so can't get much over 405 on the bar normally)

>> that guy who thinks he's too good to warm up with the bar

sure...gonna DL only with the bar..like an autistic..

>mixing kg and lb in the same sentence

Get a grip

>50kg plate
a what

I'd say that's a great way to book yourself an expedient trip to

SNAP CITY

I squat 207.5kg 3x5 @ 82kg BW

I still do 20kg 2x5 with my first 2 warm-up sets.

>mfw I can see people in mirror looking at me as I'm weak because I do a million warm up sets before my working sets.
>mfw their face of shock when 200kg+ squats atg for reps

> he thinks he can't warm up for deadlifts in other ways

enjoy your one way ticket

Iktfb
>dude in the rack next to me gets there just as I get there and starts with 135lbs and warms up to a 405lb 1rm
>I start with just the bar, do some good mornings, BtN press and squats with the empty bar before putting on 1pl8 and doing more squats and more good mornings
>warm up to a 495 single @9

How do i lose my fear of heavy squats? I've tried 80kgs max on squats while i can do ~250kgs on the leg press.

Listen to this man.

youtu.be/vPkOMRqPrd8

>~250kgs on the leg press.
how do i lose my fear of women? i can't even talk to girls but i watch girl animes all the time

get insanely high on weed marijuana

Take me down
To the SNIPPY SNAP city
Where the grass is green
And the girls are pretty
Oh, won't you please take me home
Take me down
To the paradise city
Where the grass is green
And the girls are pretty
Take me home

how would you recommend? I always start my DL day with 10 minutes of light cardio, then do
135 10x5
185 8x5
225+(whatever my max is) 5x5
Obviously I'm a fairly novice lifter, so how else should I warm up?

lmaooo

What the fuck why are you warming up with so many fucking reps and doing cardio before lifting? You're cucking yourself.

Warm up, start with the empty bar and do some SLDL. Go up to 1pl8, do 1x5, go up to 185, do 3 reps. Then do 225, 2 reps, then do your working weight with ONE OF THE FOLLOWING AND STICK TO IT WHILE YOU PROGRESS LINEARLY.

>1x5
>2x3
>3x2
>5x1

If you wanna do more reps you do them AFTER this at a lower weight.

Underrated KEK

holy fuck I'm autistic, I meant to say
1x10
1x8
1x5

I didn't mix units, my gym did when they bought all standard imperial plates and then a pair of ivanko 50kg plates

what the fuck? my best squat is 445 and today 4 plates a side on a leg press for 3x12 was tough

that's super, super retarded what are you even doing, you are going to be fatigued to hell by the time you get to your worksets

how about 135x5, 185x3, 225x2, working sets

this is entirely in your head, nobody is looking at you thinking you're weak for warming up with the bar

nobody is shocked when you squat 200kg atg either, they go "huh that's a good squat" and then never think about you again

this
i used to warm up a lot more but running sheiko taught me to be more conservative with the warmup sets, too many aren't necessary

read

my warmup is a couple of bodyweight squats, then a couple of reps with 2 plates, same goes for deadlift, for bench it's just one set with 1 plate, dunno why would i go lower if it feels quite light, doesn't take much time and serves its purpose

REMINDER THIS IS THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE WARMUP

>Not doing ATLEAST 3 warm up sets

N O T G O N N A M A K E I T

my DL warmup is
>bar x 10 reps (romanian)
>bar x 10
>60 kg x 5
>80 kg x 5
>105 kg x 4
>135 kg x 3
>165 kg x 5

why would i read your post again?

oh shit nevermind i thought you were the guy replying to you

yeah that's not stupid, that works fine

you generally want to pyramid reps down as you get heavier and add reasonable increments

i would drop it even more though, no need for 10 and 8 rep sets in there

No wonder people have such atrocious form. They don't even warm up with the bar.

My warm up on squats for 150 kg for 5x5

5 x bar
5 x bar
1 x bar paused
5 x 60 kg
1 x 60 kg paused

(knee sleeves intensifies)

5 x 60 kg
1 x 60 kg paused
5 x 80 kg
1 x 80 kg paused
5 x 100kg
1 x 100 kg paused
2 x 110 kg
2 x 120 kg
1 x 120 kg paused
1 x 130 kg
1 x 130 paused
1 x 140 kg
1 x 145 kg

Is this too much?

That's a good pre-warm-up-warm-up, but what do you do for the actual warm-up afterward?

>go to gym
>ask to work in on Bench Press with a group of Jamaican guys because I dont feel like waiting for the cage
>warm up with the bar
>one of them says "maybe you should go over there" as he points at the smith machine, but not maliciously
>outlift them all at 2pl8

On that day I gained respect from the Jamaicans mon. They literally all applauded me and gave me high fives. Very interesting

That is my Warm up. As stated.
Not sure what you mean.

how about

1. put on knee sleeves
2. do a few sets of bodyweight squats
3. 135x8
4. 225x5
5. 275x3
6. 315x2

working sets

Actually looks good. I like practicing with lower weights to better acclimate to heavier weights. I get some "free" volume in there too before my sets. Gonna try bigger jumps next time.

Lul, linear cuck

Everything in this story is shit

"free volume" as you put it actually isn't free

not all training causes adaptation, but all training causes fatigue

if you squat 330lbs 5x5, doing sets with 185 and 225 will probably not spur any new adaptation, but it will fatigue you so your actual working sets will be of lower quality

pic related

do a light warmup just to get everything moving smoothly, and then pyramid up with heavier weights as i outlined to get neurologically primed to lift your working sets

>that guy that stretches before lifting

>when you always forget to warm up

>linear progression is bad

I don't own a squat rack and I have less than 100lbs of plates, so my lifting is inhibited by the fact that everything I squat has to be DL into OHP'd

makes sense. Might try out bigger increments next time. thx user

>No "the" in front of "press"
Never going to make it

>that guy who doesn't cold down at the end of training

enjoy trip to snappington